You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dimzzy

Why you will never get Missouri

87 comments in this topic

[-1]
Members
322 posts
5,350 battles

There is a way to bring it back in shop: players should agree to close their wallets until WG does it. But of course it will never happen because people are weak and easily manipulated. This Santa crates campaign is an excellent example. There is bunch of prem ships that almost nobody buys like Monaghan or Krasny Krym. What WG does? It manipulates you to buy them! They say that there is a slight chance to get Missouri and everyone rushes to buy these crates but look at the results—most people are getting Monaghans and Krasny Kryms! So effectively WG is selling tons of port queens and there is no pressure whatsoever to bring really good ships back to sale.

Interestingly enough it correlates to what happens in game. There are tons of absolutely clueless players which do not understand how to play their ships properly. They can’t make good decisions in game and they can’t make good decisions in life and that’s why we will never see Missouri in shop again...

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 16

Members
923 posts
5,218 battles

I just wish they'd bring MO back as a reduced cash cow... call it MO B and reduce the credit potential to be in line with musashi/jean bart... fix the broken ATM machine on board spewing credits rather than remove an interesting ship completely never to return. 

• Cool 2

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
722 posts
6,574 battles

This post reads a bit like swallowing bitter medicine. I feel the urge to go look at myself in the mirror and chant... "I'm. Good enough, I'm smart enough' and gosh darn it, people like me!"

• Funny 8

[INTEL]
Members
1,663 posts
10,945 battles
9 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

They can’t make good decisions in game and they can’t make good decisions in life and that’s why we will never see Missouri in shop again...

Raises hand.  It's my fault.

Now, remind me what the consequences of my failures are?

• Cool 1

Members
414 posts

Why should we all agree to close our wallets just so WG brings back a ship you want? Is WG really doing such a wrong to the community by not continuing to offer a ship with broken economic earnings tied to it? I have one, and it's really not that great of a ship, and I rarely play it. I Found the plane on the Iowa more useful than the MO's radar anyway, in most cases.

• Cool 7

[ARGSY]
Members
11,730 posts
7,526 battles
3 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

Why should we all agree to close our wallets just so WG brings back a ship you want?

Maybe he'll get it in a non-TYL supercontainer, and then he'll change his tune and be on his knees before Wargaming offering to show all sorts of enthusiastic gratitude.

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
4,055 posts
16,036 battles

why does this sound like sour grapes?

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,713 posts
15,077 battles

20 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

But of course it will never happen because people are weak and easily manipulate.... Krasny Krym.....

I never get manipulated....

Krasny Krym.....Krispy Krym......Krispy Kreme....

donut.thumb.jpg.b001ac1de731de7f61ae5872b320f8af.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[NLIST]
[NLIST]
Beta Testers
1,339 posts
13,018 battles
23 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

There is a way to bring it back in shop: players should agree to close their wallets until WG does it. But of course it will never happen because people are weak and easily manipulated. This Santa crates campaign is an excellent example. There is bunch of prem ships that almost nobody buys like Monaghan or Krasny Krym. What WG does? It manipulates you to buy them! They say that there is a slight chance to get Missouri and everyone rushes to buy these crates but look at the results—most people are getting Monaghans and Krasny Kryms! So effectively WG is selling tons of port queens and there is no pressure whatsoever to bring really good ships back to sale.

Interestingly enough it correlates to what happens in game. There are tons of absolutely clueless players which do not understand how to play their ships properly. They can’t make good decisions in game and they can’t make good decisions in life and that’s why we will never see Missouri in shop again...

I bet you are a hit at Christmas parties with that sparkling wit.

"Why are you buying presents for each other?  Only the weak and easily manipulated fall prey to Santa's fiendish ploy!"

• Funny 2

[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles
2 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

:Smile_teethhappy:

baked angels, now I want one. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
5,240 posts
3,063 battles
5 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Image result for Dougnut Homer Simpson Drooling

[-VT-]
[-VT-]
Members
576 posts
26,648 battles
30 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

Puh-Lease !

You are obsessing over the MO?  Do you do that for every other ship or toy that you don't have?

The MO is okay.  Nothing special, to me..  Why you would go ape for it I do not know.

Tell you what, you can have mine.  I have like, umm, ten battles in her since I got her over a year ago.  Just not fun enough to me.  So you can have her.  Come get her.

Credits?  You need credits?  Credits are EASY.  Sheesh.  Come get a few of those, too.  Take 100M if you like.

Btw, a premium account is a wonderful thing for credits...

Sab

Edited by Sabene
  • Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
1,663 posts
10,945 battles
6 minutes ago, Sabene said:

Why you would go ape for it I do not know

You're not getting it.

We can't have nice things because people are weak and easily manipulated.  If we would just stop being weak, everyone can have nice things.

[SIM]
Members
3,756 posts
6,218 battles

Says that people are easily manipulated, is clearly frustrated that people won’t do what he says.

Yep.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Beta Testers
281 posts
8,462 battles

The Missouri is the one ship I want and spent $300 on Christmas container trying to get it, I was happy with my first 20 container in what I got but still no Missouri. I built Missouri model in middle school and wrote report it and it was first time I typed report on computer. It is my favorite ship a long with WWII era and nuclear CV Enterprise.

• Cool 3

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
8,637 posts
50 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

They say that there is a slight chance to get Missouri and everyone rushes to buy these crates but look at the results

I was in a game yesterday with four Missouris. Only one guy said that he'd obtained his with free XP. The odds are long but several people have gotten them.

Edited by Snargfargle

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
914 posts
5,530 battles
37 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

Why would I do that? You want me to devalue my self worth by helping you get a ship that I own. By doing as you suggest I will no longer feel special as I load into a battle in my Missouri. My stats in the ship don't matter just the fact I own it and you don't makes me better than you increasing my feeling of self worth. 

In all honesty I could care less about the ship and if they sell it again. I do feel bummed by those who didn't get it, but WG has taken a few ships and taken them out of circulation create the mythic glory that is the type 59. These ships and the others that they rope off saying they are OP will allow them to have strong Santa crate sales in the future.

• Cool 2

[HYDRO]
Members
3,174 posts
4,791 battles
49 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

They can’t make good decisions in game and they can’t make good decisions in life and that’s why we will never see Missouri in shop again...

Have you considered a career in demotivational speech?

• Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,150 posts
2,784 battles
9 minutes ago, lungiwear said:

Meh. I got my Missouri in the santa crates. Got the belfast amd kutozov too.

So im happy

I hate you. I opened 80 mega crates and didnt get Missouri. I did get kronshdat though, so not total waste.

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,829 battles

I mean wargaming is allowed to remove ships that destroy the games economy if they see it necessary. My guess is the reason why it's in Santa crates is you'll spend more than the $130 it used to cost to free xp the ship when there wasn't a conversion sale going on. As long as you spend enough it wouldn't hurt wg's profits in the long run. You honestly can't blame them on this method, it's a good business move. It'll probably turn into a thing sorta like what McDonald's does with the mcrib. Bring out a way to get it for a little while at a high cost, then take it away to increase demand.

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,523 posts
7,513 battles

Why I will never get Missouri? Ehm, why the future tense? I got Missouri. :cap_cool:

• Funny 1

Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles

Actually, your chances of getting a Missouri are all dependant on how many premium ships you own.  If you already own all the premium ships on the list except Missouri, then your chances of getting a Missouri are actually pretty high considering I have hit one ship for every 6 boxes I have opened so far.  If you own everything else, you basically would only have to hit one ship, one time to guarantee a Missouri.  If you don't have the majority of premium ships on the list, then yeah, hunting for the Missouri alone is going to require quite the investment.

Also, the overall value of the Santa's gifts are relatively high.   Out of $100 spent and while I did get a Krispy Kream, I also got two Tier 8 DDs, 1 Tier 7 DD, 1 Tier 7 CL, 1 Tier 6 DD as well totaling $198 if bought off the cash shop.  I also got 8000 gold.  That is a $234 dollar value right there not including the camos and flags so even though 2 of the ships I received aren't something I will likely play all that much if at all, I still got my money's worth.  

So you can call it weak-willed or whatever all you want, but I have did the math and can honestly say that the Santa Crates you are complaining about are easily the best deal I have ever seen in a game with a cash shop.  This program, without a doubt, has allowed me to own literally dozens of ships I really enjoy playing, that I never could have afforded to own at full price even if they were always available for purchase.  

So I am sorry you didn't figure out a way to take advantage of acquiring the Missouri when it was available for purchase but I absolutely love this program despite getting a few port queens when participating in it.

• Cool 1