You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Ok So How does one Get The USS Charleston

23 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,637 posts
17,774 battles

Hi

Ok so the last time someone wrote a post about this ship a number of people said it was for new players as a  " welcome to the game " type gift.

Well that fine have no problem with that however some of us here are collectors of ships and just so happens I like the St Louis class, I also like Charleston's cool looking camo, so how about it WG are you going to sell this ship.

My wallets waiting

regards  

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
20,981 posts
14,623 battles

Only way to get the Charleston is as a 'welcome to the game' gift for new players. Maybe they'll make it available to OG old skoolers like us, but maybe not. As of yet, there's no way for us to get it.

[-K-]
Members
6,466 posts
10,762 battles

I'm certain it will be available at some point in the future.  Former restricted ships like Albany and Katori became available after some time.  They'll just likely keep it exclusive to new players for a bit.

[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles
24 minutes ago, Lert said:

Only way to get the Charleston is as a 'welcome to the game' gift for new players.

So in other words, WG has painted a target on the back of the baby seals, with the occasional reroll cropping up as well? Great.

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
10,956 posts
16 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

So in other words, WG has painted a target on the back of the baby seals, with the occasional reroll cropping up as well? Great.

Brand new players would still be in protected MM at T3 until they get more battles or play their first T5 battle iirc. And really how many people would reroll just to use the Charleston a ton?

Edited by RipNuN2

[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles
12 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Brand new players would still be in protected MM at T3 until they get more battles or play their first T5 battle iirc.

You're still flagging noobs, though, in relative terms. You're telling people "This person started playing AFTER the Charleston was introduced."

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
6,113 posts
16,156 battles

Start a Steam Account for WoWs! The ship is great! Bounce the St Louis Captain back and forth!

[HINON]
Members
10,956 posts
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You're still flagging noobs, though, in relative terms. You're telling people "This person started playing AFTER the Charleston was introduced."

MM monitor does the same does it really matter?

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,706 posts
10,041 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Thats probably why WG nerfed St. Louis and introduced Charleston. Gives new players an edge over seal clubbers and makes then want to play more.

[PVE]
Members
359 posts
13,545 battles

I will bet you a ship load of Santa crates the Charleston appears for sale in the Premium shop sometime in 2019

[KSD]
Members
933 posts
5,798 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Well atleast I can recognise a potato when I see that ship. It makes target picking a bit easier :Smile_trollface:

[WOLFC]
Members
1,183 posts
2,840 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Only way to get the Charleston is as a 'welcome to the game' gift for new players. Maybe they'll make it available to OG old skoolers like us, but maybe not. As of yet, there's no way for us to get it.

I joined back in sept and got no such gift.

[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles
1 hour ago, commando_brian said:

I will bet you a ship load of Santa crates the Charleston appears for sale in the Premium shop sometime in 2019

Late last year and early this year, we had short mission chains to win a T3 premium. My guess is Charleston will make her appearance in January or February sometime, probably while I am on holidays and can't get her. :Smile_trollface:

[DEP]
Members
223 posts
16,282 battles

Its pretty much [edited] that wg doesnt give players the ability to at least get ships like this through missions...there is no reason for it other than milking us for more money.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,981 posts
14,623 battles
On 12/13/2018 at 2:06 PM, tm63au said:

My wallets waiting

On 12/13/2018 at 2:57 PM, J30_Reinhardt said:

I wouldn't mind sinking my teeth into such a ship.

On 12/13/2018 at 4:52 PM, commando_brian said:

She's coming for 15k coal with 0.7.12

• Cool 2

Members
1,528 posts
10 battles
On 12/13/2018 at 9:20 AM, RipNuN2 said:

Brand new players would still be in protected MM at T3 until they get more battles or play their first T5 battle iirc. And really how many people would reroll just to use the Charleston a ton?

I created an account on Steam and it only took me 18 battles to get out of protected match making. The scary thing is that during the protected matchmaking often I was the only live person on the team with 11 bots. The other team had 1 live person and 11 bots. It makes me fear for the long term survival of the game if they are attracting so few new players.

[HINON]
Members
10,956 posts
55 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I created an account on Steam and it only took me 18 battles to get out of protected match making. The scary thing is that during the protected matchmaking often I was the only live person on the team with 11 bots. The other team had 1 live person and 11 bots. It makes me fear for the long term survival of the game if they are attracting so few new players.

Well as you noted, a new player leaves protected very quickly also some will play more coop, time of day etc. Population overall has been very stable since release for our server with a little growth. More growth would be better but at the moment we are not on a decline. 

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,148 posts
4,628 battles
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:06 AM, tm63au said:

Hi

Ok so the last time someone wrote a post about this ship a number of people said it was for new players as a  " welcome to the game " type gift.

Well that fine have no problem with that however some of us here are collectors of ships and just so happens I like the St Louis class, I also like Charleston's cool looking camo, so how about it WG are you going to sell this ship.

My wallets waiting

regards  

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:39 AM, Lert said:

available in arsenal tomorrow!

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,637 posts
17,774 battles
3 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

available in arsenal tomorrow!

Great cant wait,  love paint job on it too