Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Do Premium ships in game come with Port Slots?

15 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
9,015 posts
10,828 battles

After almost a couple years I have managed to save enough Doubloons to either get the a tier 8 Premium ship or maybe a couple tier 6 Premium ships when they go on sale usually close to Christmas. I am wondering if the premium ships in game that are next to the in game tech trees come with free Port Slots? Because I am currently maxed out on Port Slots and unlike Arsenal, the premium ships in tech tree does not say if ithey come with free slots or not. :Smile_amazed:

If they don’t come with Port Slots it would be odd since Wargaming in some ways would be preventing you from spending Doubloons. And spending 300 of my precious Doubloons on a Port Slot so I can spend Doubloons on a premium ship is not the most pleasant idea for me.

[FML]
Members
2,607 posts
12,342 battles
19 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

After almost a couple years I have managed to save enough Doubloons to either get the a tier 8 Premium ship or maybe a couple tier 6 Premium ships when they go on sale usually close to Christmas. I am wondering if the premium ships in game that are next to the in game tech trees come with free Port Slots? Because I am currently maxed out on Port Slots and unlike Arsenal, the premium ships in tech tree does not say if ithey come with free slots or not. :Smile_amazed:

If they don’t come with Port Slots it would be odd since Wargaming in some ways would be preventing you from spending Doubloons. And spending 300 of my precious Doubloons on a Port Slot so I can spend Doubloons on a premium ship is not the most pleasant idea for me.

Depends.

Premium shop: yes, comes with a port slot. But you actually pay a touch more than the doubloon cost of the ship to cover for the port slot, so there is no arbitrage opportunity.

Tech Tree: no, does not. But you can buy a port slot in-game at any time for 300 doubloons. I usually wait for sales when they are 50-75% off and buy a handful in advance. 

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[HINON]
Supertester
20,912 posts
14,539 battles

They do not come with a free port slot. They come with the option of buying one:

s4kvZd4.jpg

Ships bought in the premium store with money do come with port slots, but the ones you buy in game with doubloons do not.

• Cool 1

Members
160 posts
2,036 battles

Yeah they don’t come with a port slot. I’m pretty sure they cost like the thinnest amount less in the tech tree compared to the shop itself if you convert the doubloons to dollars, like a 1 dollar difference or something.

[ARGSY]
Members
11,697 posts
7,510 battles

When I got my Nelson, I distinctly recall them wanting 50 doubloons for the slot (my harbour was full). I can't recall if this was during a special sale or not. When I got the Sims and Musashi, I already had plenty of slots and didn't even look at that option.

[RKLES]
Members
9,015 posts
10,828 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

They do not come with a free port slot. They come with the option of buying one:

s4kvZd4.jpg

Ships bought in the premium store with money do come with port slots, but the ones you buy in game with doubloons do not.

Thank you for the info.

So I may just have to get Tirpitz when it goes on sale price then and 1 Port Slot, because if I got say Mutsu and Dunkerque, that could mean I need to waste 600 Doubloons on Port Slots. Hate to think of the costs of getting several lower tier premiums would be. :Smile_sad:

[SFBBW]
Members
158 posts
11,110 battles

if you buy your premium ship from the online store it comes with port slot. if you buy a ship with coal or steel it comes with a port slot. ships earned during special events or bought with event credits come with port slots.

the only ships that dont come with port slots state no slot during a purchase 

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,545 posts
12,222 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Thank you for the info.

So I may just have to get Tirpitz when it goes on sale price then and 1 Port Slot, because if I got say Mutsu and Dunkerque, that could mean I need to waste 600 Doubloons on Port Slots. Hate to think of the costs of getting several lower tier premiums would be. :Smile_sad:

just a tip if you intend to get Mustsu!  Mutsu suffers form very poor AA and Carriers love to slap you around, so stick close to cruisers! Dunkerque is a slam dunk though!:fish_aqua:

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
462 posts
4,648 battles

A cheap way of getting Port slots is to go to the premium shop and buying a &0.99 ship like the USS Smith, then sell it for silver and keep the port slot that comes with it.

There's a couple of .99 cent ships for sale.

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
2,598 posts
14,625 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Thank you for the info.

Selly your myogi and problem solved. Sub tier 5 ships are no longer worth keeping since they dont count for missions. Unless of course you have a particularly beloved seal club.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
23 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

A cheap way of getting Port slots is to go to the premium shop and buying a &0.99 ship like the USS Smith, then sell it for silver and keep the port slot that comes with it.

There's a couple of .99 cent ships for sale.

A even better way is to play the annual Christmas/New Year’s  campaign where you can earn T6 ships that come with a free slot and perm camo. If you already have the ship you get silver value with the slot and camo.

The campaign should start next week.

Edited by SavageTactical

[RKLES]
Members
9,015 posts
10,828 battles
10 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Selly your myogi and problem solved. Sub tier 5 ships are no longer worth keeping since they dont count for missions. Unless of course you have a particularly beloved seal club.

Lol my Myogi was sold long ago. :Smile_veryhappy:

[VW]
Members
2,598 posts
14,625 battles
6 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol my Myogi was sold long ago. :Smile_veryhappy:

Wisely so! But you must have another tier 4 ship in your port that would be worth selling to free a slot? If you’re worried about snowflakes you can rebuy it later, low tier ships are cheap, plus i doubt they’ll give worthwhile amounts of coal. The real problem is buying back tier 9 ships.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,517 posts
6,320 battles
20 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

All premium ships, especially low tier, are worth keeping so if you get a SC/holiday crate with a ship you have less of a chance of getting that crappy low-tier one. 

Sign in to follow this