Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Kron and BB cits!

8 comments in this topic

Members
352 posts
7,251 battles

I recently hit a quad cit on a Yammy at 5 km and it was so satisfying. Can other people tell there stories of hitting multiple cits on BB's and the range there were at? Looking to see how much fun it might be in the future. TIA

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,523 posts
7,513 battles

shot-18_08.27_01_34.17-0927.jpg.8c6a377aa8cee88978aff3f44cdff2f4.jpg

Penetration is more or less similar to that of Kronshtadt, so whenever you see a Yamato trying to angle, go for that cheek.

[EGO]
Members
76 posts
10,100 battles

I don't have a Kronshtadt (sp?), but my best single salvo was for 90,000 in my Montana vs. another Montana at about 1.5km (I was doing a drive-by).  This wasn't a detonation and was AFTER her citadel was lowered.  My jaw literally dropped when I saw that damage number pop up on my screen. 

That entire game was ridiculous.  After taking out the first Montana, I then proceeded to wreck a nearly full health Izumo in two or three salvos as part of another drive-by and dueled another Monty at close range for about 2/3 of her health before getting focused and killed by the rest of the enemy team.

I've got a screenshot of the aftermath of the first drive-by on my old computer, but sadly didn't hit the button before the damage numbers disappeared.  It does show the ribbons, though, and it had either 6 or 7 citadels in that one salvo.

Edited by Wrayeth

Members
1,484 posts
9,672 battles

Moskva story:

6 or 7 citadels or so, enough to sink a 3/4 health Yamato at point blank range in my Moskva.

I had turned left around an island into a cap to find a Yamato sailing straight toward me...I did that 'cringe at keyboard' moment, as I expected to be deleted. He flubbed his shot and aimed too low at my prow, as he passed on my left, I aimed all my guns at his waterline near his front turret, let loose my AP, and got a good chuckle as I sank him. A definite highlight.

Edited by _Rumple_

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,678 posts
8,346 battles

I was headed bow on towards a full health Yamato in my 1/3 health Alsace.  The Yamato took a shot and did a bit of damage because it does that to everything due to overmatch.  My Alsace took its bow shots and did about 5k.  I guess any damage at all scared the Yamato driver, and he decided to do a full 180 turn right in front of me at about 12km.  He was near broadside when my next volley was ready.  I hit him for 4 or 5 citadels.  He couldn't hit me back because his guns couldn't turn fast enough.  My next shot did another 3 citadels and finished him off.  There was some other damage done that weren't full citadels.  In all, I took the Yamato from full health to dead in 3 volleys, one of them being front on, so it was basically 2 volleys of real damage.  He would have destroyed me if he just stayed front on and fired a couple of times, but he made my day instead.  :cap_rambo:

Edited by Murcc

Sign in to follow this