You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

You Don't See These Too Often

11 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
8,598 posts

Only five times in 7337 Random matches have I seen a Draw. This game came down to two ships on our side versus three on their side, each team with one cap and the middle cap contested. We were ticking points slightly ahead of them but they were matching us about a two seconds later. If the timer had run out a bit sooner we would have won. However, it ended on both teams having the same points.

shot-18_12_12_23_17.42-0125.thumb.jpg.a3fbfe3ca0f5b9c8a070a72eb00ef898.jpg

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
20,922 posts
21,021 battles

They are very rare, which IMO is good.  But they do make for some very close and exciting battles.  Heck, some battles can get won or lost in the final few seconds, by merely getting on an enemy controlled cap long enough to stop them from gaining those points at the critical moment.

[STW-M]
Members
3,168 posts
7,659 battles

Closest time I've come to a draw before was one battle in Nagato in which we were both equal on points and ships and there was less than a minute left.

Then I accidentally ruined it by taking a pot shot at an Aoba at 15-16 km and dev-striking it. :Smile_unsure:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,273 posts
11,281 battles

They should be a little more common because some times neither team deserves the win.

• Funny 2

Members
1,195 posts
2 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Sadly they were once all too common.

they were not that common even when at their height, though they were much more common than they are now.

I have 21 draws and that was from when they were at their height, I have only had 2 or 3 since.

back then playing for a draw rather than a loss was a legitimate tactic that has since been lost because a vocal minority who got sad when they were outplayed in the latter half of a game in which they squandered their advantage and converted their WIN into a DRAW because they rested on their laurels.

we need more ability to force draws.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,696 posts
10,021 battles
1 hour ago, b101uk said:

they were not that common even when at their height, though they were much more common than they are now.

I have 21 draws and that was from when they were at their height, I have only had 2 or 3 since.

back then playing for a draw rather than a loss was a legitimate tactic that has since been lost because a vocal minority who got sad when they were outplayed in the latter half of a game in which they squandered their advantage and converted their WIN into a DRAW because they rested on their laurels.

we need more ability to force draws.

In beta ive had streaks of ~50% draws. Until wg introduced the point scale all it took was a dd to run away to turn a defeat into a draw.

DDs running away to draw matches became a tactic that too several patches and measures to abolish. Epicenter is a measure of that abolishment.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,273 posts
11,281 battles
7 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Sadly they were once all too common.

Too much must kill all thinking with people leaving caps. The rate of draws was dropping fast when they made them almost impossible as most people had learned that securing the win by capping was far better than not.

[KSD]
Members
933 posts
5,712 battles
12 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

They should be a little more common because some times neither team deserves the win.

LOL true that!

although its mostly the team I am on that doesnt deserve a win and only sometimes I am the problem :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[FGNE]
Members
626 posts
3,202 battles

In all my games (~2.5k+) I have only seen a draw once, almost two in a match where both of us (the last ones) destroyed each other with a time difference of like 0.5 secs... but I got the win. :Smile_ohmy: