Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
timinindiana

Huanghe AA good for her tier

10 comments in this topic

[AOI]
Members
162 posts
10,905 battles

My damage output from her main guns is less than expected on average..Do not see this changing in the future..What I see as a role for her I am going to try is as a AA boat.I just need the 3point AA skill BFT and I will have her set up..I took the 4 point skill for AA AFT to increase the range first and the AA module .I just need the 3point AA skill for damage and I will have her set up as a AA boat..will post back here with future results..I am posting a pic below of my first game in her after taking the 4point skill AFT to increase range for her AA..Remember I did not take 3point AA skill yet BFT..

FYI

guess I did not screen shot the game for a pic but it was a match with tier 5 and 6 CV and she shot down 26 planes..

Edited by timinindiana
entry

Members
340 posts
11,133 battles

doesnt need to be set up as a dedicated AA boat. mine has a 66 AA rating & does well enough as is. had this tonight...

shot-18_12_12_23_53.34-0060.thumb.jpg.7c7e106edb1bf46cee4c3a7e5ecbbcdf.jpg

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,523 posts
7,513 battles

She has decent AA values stock, but it would definitely help if she had DFAA. 

Members
1,923 posts
9,960 battles

Hey

Having DFAA would give it a substantial boost to having a legitimate identity as compared to Leander and Perth.  Especially with the upcoming carrier rework; it would make more sense than the torpedo reload booster and be far more team benefit.  They should also up the HP pool too to Leander/Perth values to aid the fact you have less guns, even with S.E. she is still lower by a fair bit.

Pete

Members
340 posts
11,133 battles
4 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Having DFAA would give it a substantial boost to having a legitimate identity as compared to Leander and Perth.  Especially with the upcoming carrier rework; it would make more sense than the torpedo reload booster and be far more team benefit.  They should also up the HP pool too to Leander/Perth values to aid the fact you have less guns, even with S.E. she is still lower by a fair bit.

Pete

Agree with your statements. She had DFAA in testing but removed it in favor of that dumb reload booster that no one is fool enough to mount. Keep in mind that the next patch will introduce 2 special commanders for the pan Asians. One of the perks is going to be a boost to SE skill numbers. I may play around with that and see if it helps...

Members
1,923 posts
9,960 battles
3 hours ago, bigalow87 said:

Agree with your statements. She had DFAA in testing but removed it in favor of that dumb reload booster that no one is fool enough to mount. Keep in mind that the next patch will introduce 2 special commanders for the pan Asians. One of the perks is going to be a boost to SE skill numbers. I may play around with that and see if it helps...

Hey

I have used the special SE captain on my Salem and that skill has saved my butt a few times.  I would think it would only help the Huanghe; but realistically, wargaming should increase the HP of her to better match her contemporaries.  Especially taking into account only six guns.  I tried the torp reload booster today, found it so situational,, about worthless to take.  I want DFAA; it would actually make the boat more valuable in battle.

Pete 

Members
340 posts
11,133 battles
29 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

I tried the torp reload booster today, found it so situational,, about worthless to take.

that is the popular opinion on TRB. Having to give up your hydro on a ship that is sluggish & must be close to danger to be of any use is far too steep a price to pay for 3-6 extra torps that are too weak & too slow to be effective anyway. TBR should come free with the ship in my opinion, but they didn't ask me....

[WOLFC]
Members
1,130 posts
6,380 battles

Was looking at a match result today and my eyes popped out when I saw 26 plane kills for a Huanghe. Then looked at his stats - player averages 21 plane kills per random game.

Soooo....in prep for the CV Spocalypse,  doublooned one of these and am having a ball playing like a big slow destroyer.     

Members
340 posts
11,133 battles
19 hours ago, Anonymous50 said:

Was looking at a match result today and my eyes popped out when I saw 26 plane kills for a Huanghe. Then looked at his stats - player averages 21 plane kills per random game.

Soooo....in prep for the CV Spocalypse,  doublooned one of these and am having a ball playing like a big slow destroyer.     

most likely that player was divisioning with a carrier player to guarantee that a carrier was in game. I have shot down as many as 40 planes with Huanghe but haven't had enough carriers in matches to warrant going with a full AA build.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,130 posts
6,380 battles

Yeah, most I've gotten so far is 20.  I was going back and forth from flank to flank to find planes. In the end, I was literally backing up towards a set of 4 dive bombers that had been marooned by a dead CV to get them within 7K.   My damage stats stunk but I can't drive.

Looking forward to the CV apocalypse to see what is going to happen. 

In some ways, its just a big fat Haida.

Sign in to follow this