Seaneroo

A Critical Error Has Been Occurred

9 comments in this topic

[A_51]
Members
870 posts
19,274 battles

My computer crapped out recently so I am forced for the time being to use an older system with Windows 7 and on-board graphics.  i installed the game, but I get the above-referenced message when I try to launch the game.  I do not get as far as the main screen which depicts your ship in port.  Setting aside the grammatical error, has anyone else encountered this message, or does anyone have any ideas for a fix?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,706 posts
10,041 battles
Just now, Seaneroo said:

My computer crapped out recently so I am forced for the time being to use an older system with Windows 7 and on-board graphics.  i installed the game, but I get the above-referenced message when I try to launch the game.  I do not get as far as the main screen which depicts your ship in port.  Setting aside the grammatical error, has anyone else encountered this message, or does anyone have any ideas for a fix?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

You should try deleting your preferences file than reboot the game.

Thats my experiences, hope it helps

• Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
870 posts
19,274 battles
10 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

You should try deleting your preferences file than reboot the game.

Thats my experiences, hope it helps

That didn't do it, but thanks for the suggestion.

[-A-8-]
Members
109 posts
11,337 battles

The only time I was getting these was while the clan shield bug was being fixed a fews months back.

It's worth checking that your older PC can run the game. I've used the 'System Requirements Lab - Can You Run It' before and is a decent indicator. https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

May also be worth running the integrity check tool in the game center incase a file was corrupted on download.

[-SD2-]
Beta Testers
255 posts
7,551 battles

I have this problem 75% of the time when I launch the game via Game Center.    When I log out then log back into windows and launch game a second time quickly it usually launches no problem.  Since I run a ssd- just a minor annoyance.

I deleted my preferences file (warning- it resets EVERYTHING) and that worked for the first launch

Maybe a graphics issue for:

> when it launches correctly - appears to be in windowed mode during the initial launch.  When doesn't launch correctly- in full screen mode

>I did notice that my Graphics settings in game always change from "16:9 widescreen" to whatever the default is every time.  maybe this is a graphics issue between card and game? 

Just a bit annoying... but easy to overcome

Happy hunting

Community Department
2,708 posts
779 battles
On 12/13/2018 at 2:21 AM, Seaneroo said:

And what is said in error message? If it's actual, please make a screenshot. It may help to find a fix. 

[A_51]
Members
870 posts
19,274 battles

I bought a new computer, so the question is moot now.  I never did find a solution to the problem.  Thank you to those who responded here and by personal message.

• Cool 2