Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

something is different, mechanics not the same

66 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

838
[TDRB]
Members
2,808 posts
8,316 battles

Since 7.11 the number of overpens & ricochets have increased my a huge percentage. My BB is broadside to a CL at less than 10k and get 1 pen, 2 to 4 overpens and a few ricochets. It like cruiser & DD mains established the parameters for computing RNG.

In Co-ops the number of 1st salvo citadels has risen drastically.

NO! it is not my mechanics. I know when I take shots at bad angles or other less than optimum shots. I can accept some poor results to RNG. But this is in every match.

I do believe an unintentional change has taken place.

 

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
833
[SIDE]
Members
2,368 posts
6 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Since 7.11 the number of overpens & ricochets have increased my a huge percentage. My BB is broadside to a CL at less than 10k and get 1 pen, 2 to 4 overpens and a few ricochets. It like cruiser & DD mains established the parameters for computing RNG.

In Co-ops the number of 1st salvo citadels has risen drastically.

NO! it is not my mechanics. I know when I take shots at bad angles or other less than optimum shots. I can accept some poor results to RNG. But this is in every match.

I do believe an unintentional change has taken place.

 

Agree 100%

Lol. Down voted by a dd main...

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
535 posts
11,005 battles

Not wanting to seem to be a tinfoil hat but I have noticed similar things as well, thought it was just me. Us crazies need to stick together I guess

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
81
[IXM]
Members
247 posts
4,016 battles

Well they did change it so BB shells can only overpen all DD(except Khab and Harugumo) in the last patch.

Quote

In Update 0.7.11, we introduce a limit on the maximum damage that an AP shell can cause to all destroyers, with the exception of Khabarovsk and Harugumo. Damage to a ship's HP caused by an AP shell with a caliber of 280 mm and larger, will no longer exceed 10% of the maximum possible damage that such shell may cause.

 

Edited by Kyralee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,107 posts
509 battles
1 minute ago, Kyralee said:

Well they did change it so BB shells can only overpen all DD(except Khab and Harugumo) in the last patch.

yeah I was JUST going to say that WG changed a few things about BBs... but apparently;y not everyone that plays the game, READS UP ON THE GAME....
even though they talked about it for WEEKS, before the patch even came to be....

RIvX3LR.gif

Edited by neptunes_wrath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
623 posts
7,299 battles

As a cruiser main I haven't noticed any change in the punishment I take from BB's when I expose even a sliver of broadside.  I'm not saying nothing has changed, just that BB's still seem able to delete me as easily as ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[ARSE]
[ARSE]
Members
45 posts
5,685 battles

I've noticed this as well. I'm getting far more than normal over-pens against cruisers. I'm expecting it on dd's, but a full broadside salvo into a cruiser at 10-12k and 3-4 shells are over-pens seems off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[VOC]
Members
83 posts
64 battles

For me that's been going on for 4 or 5 patches ago. In randoms I standard load HE on my BB's in the beginning. It's riqs, shatters or most important the pens without dmg. Those shots are for me the most infuriating in this whole game: pen without dmg. Yes I get it: not every AP volley can be a citadel/ one shot and the hit chance is far higher than IRL. But a pen ribbon without doing any dmg? I think that's utterly ridiculous. And don't give me the "you didn't hit a vital part of the ship card." If so: could one of the BB"s please fire at my bathroom when it's needed to be reworked? I love to have it taken out in 1 shot without doing any other dmg to my house. I mean come one! I fire a AP shell to a target and it either happens to go through the corridors left and right, opening the doors, carefully avoiding crew in it's path and detonates just inside the galley, sleeping quarters or the toilet rooms without doing any damage to the ship? A shell the size of a small car going 500 m/s? A dud shell? With an overpen I at least inflict some dmg. Why can't a pen without dam give half the overpen dmg??  I'd love WG to shove that pen without dam shells to a dark and damp place and instead give me that ricochet/ shatter or miss entirely ribbon. 

Edited by Ferry_25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,484 posts
9,672 battles
9 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

For me that's been going on for 4 or 5 patches ago. In randoms I standard load HE on my BB's in the beginning. It's riqs, shatters or most important the pens without dmg. Those shots are for me the most infuriating in this whole game: pen without dmg. Yes I get it: not every AP volley can be a citadel/ one shot and the hit chance is far higher than IRL. But a pen ribbon without doing any dmg? I think that's utterly ridiculous. And don't give me the "you didn't hit a vital part of the ship card." If so: could one of the BB"s please fire at my bathroom when it's needed to be reworked? I love to have it taken out in 1 shot without doing any other dmg to my house. I mean come one! I fire a AP shell to a target and it either happens to go through the corridors left and right, opening the doors, carefully avoiding crew in it's path and detonates just inside the galley, sleeping quarters or the toilet rooms without doing any damage to the ship? A shell the size of a small car going 500 m/s? A dud shell? With an overpen I at least inflict some dmg. Why can't a pen without dam give half the overpen dmg??  I'd love WG to shove that pen without dam shells to a dark and damp place and instead give me that ricochet/ shatter or miss entirely ribbon. 

In one word: balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[VOC]
Members
83 posts
64 battles
Just now, _Rumple_ said:

In one word: balance.

My point exactly. But could someone explain me, like I'm a 6 year old, why there is a penetration without ANY dmg possible with AP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,724
[HYDRO]
Members
3,174 posts
4,791 battles
5 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

My point exactly. But could someone explain me, like I'm a 6 year old, why there is a penetration without ANY dmg possible with AP?

Shell hit torpedo bulge, bulge absorb shell impact, shell no penetrate main armor, shell no do damage.

Shell hit AA mount/secondary,  module absorb all damage, shell no penetrate main armor, shell no do damage.

Ship is black from all AP damage, ship section HP zero, shell do no damage.

I can do finger puppets too if you need to :Smile_child:

Edited by warheart1992
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,758
[WORX]
Members
4,171 posts
15,285 battles
3 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

But could someone explain me, like I'm a 6 year old, why there is a penetration without ANY dmg possible with AP?

One Concept, Damage Saturation.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
533
[KSD]
Members
933 posts
5,738 battles

i have seen the same things whenever I play a BB. I admit im not a good BB player, but when I shoot at a broadside cruiser, all I get  are overpens.... and pens for no damage(ofcourse just my luck). the pen with no damage I can understand that I hit a gun mount or something, but the overpens just annoy me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
904
[KRAK]
Members
2,670 posts
17,342 battles
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

Since 7.11 the number of overpens & ricochets have increased my a huge percentage. My BB is broadside to a CL at less than 10k and get 1 pen, 2 to 4 overpens and a few ricochets. It like cruiser & DD mains established the parameters for computing RNG.

In Co-ops the number of 1st salvo citadels has risen drastically.

NO! it is not my mechanics. I know when I take shots at bad angles or other less than optimum shots. I can accept some poor results to RNG. But this is in every match.

I do believe an unintentional change has taken place.

 

You have an active imagination. Nothing seems different in any way.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,116
[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,753 posts
11,453 battles

This has been going on far longer than recent patch. Fairly certain it was implemented over a few, around shell normalization time and became worse and worse until flame throwing Cruisers and DDs can pelt you every 3 seconds

and your return fire over pens 90% of the time.  Call it ""BBs in battle reduction strategy"

Working for me, I barely play BB anymore.  Just conform and play skill less HE spammer ships like WG wants me to.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
250 posts
1 hour ago, CorradoG60 said:

I will definitely agree with the overpen. I have been seeing way more than usual.

Same for me with my cruisers...even with HE.

Edited by Slammer58

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[SF-E]
Members
29 posts
9,095 battles

Personally, I have no doubt something has changed. I used to average 10-15% overpens, 5-6 citadels a game with BBS. Now I average 80-90%+ overpens,  1 citadel every 3-4 games. It is particularly bad with Yamato. 

I am not a newb. I know how and where to aim. I have 6k+ games and virtually every premium ship in the game. I have every non CV tier 10 ship (sans Salem and Bourgogne). Prior to this change I had 270k+ damage games in Yamato. This is not confirmation bias; this is real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
[CAPGO]
Members
672 posts
4,623 battles

I am BB main, and I did not notice anything? I mean I got Gascogne out of the the Santa box, and that thing overpens everything, and my Roma is still overpenning like crazy but they always have been like that. Right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[--V--]
Members
863 posts
11,693 battles

I hit a broadside Buffalo, stuck on an island with 5 salvos of AP from my Richelieu.   She was slightly angled, maybe 10 degrees.    Nothing but Overpens and Ricochets.   At 2 KM on 1 salvo I hit 7 of 8 - nothing but ricochets.   It was unbelievably frustrating.   Had the same issue in my Massachusetts.  Tons of Overpens, Ricochets and Pens for zero damage on other BBs.   WG definitely screwed with BB AP too much.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[ARSE]
[ARSE]
Members
45 posts
5,685 battles

Just finished a Random in my Amagi. While decent damage I still saw at least 1-2 over pens on every volley. Against BB's non the less. I wish the detailed report showed them as its hard to keep track of them during a battle. Salvos started at 17k away with the last 1 against the Bis at 8k. The first shot on the broadside Mass at 14k gave 2 pens and 2 over pens.

image.thumb.png.ee88e8af40648368ad631bd184aa8f93.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,093 posts
9,919 battles
2 minutes ago, BC_Wolfen said:

Just finished a Random in my Amagi. While decent damage I still saw at least 1-2 over pens on every volley. Against BB's non the less. I wish the detailed report showed them as its hard to keep track of them during a battle. Salvos started at 17k away with the last 1 against the Bis at 8k. The first shot on the broadside Mass at 14k gave 2 pens and 2 over pens.

image.thumb.png.ee88e8af40648368ad631bd184aa8f93.png

Put your mouse on the "hits" flag on the first page of the endgame results. I think it shows the breakdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[ARSE]
[ARSE]
Members
45 posts
5,685 battles

You are correct Thank you!

image.png.8c92b66b476aa8e14c1785f468ba4a51.png

Next Battle a volley at a Monarch 12K away. Mind you he was pretty hurt so that could be hitting damaged areas.

screenshot_186.thumb.jpg.54b3e7c482af934dd63f909177bf6250.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
171
[AAA]
Members
502 posts
8,251 battles
42 minutes ago, SeaborneSumo said:

I hit a broadside Buffalo, stuck on an island with 5 salvos of AP from my Richelieu.   She was slightly angled, maybe 10 degrees.    Nothing but Overpens and Ricochets.   At 2 KM on 1 salvo I hit 7 of 8 - nothing but ricochets.   It was unbelievably frustrating.   Had the same issue in my Massachusetts.  Tons of Overpens, Ricochets and Pens for zero damage on other BBs.   WG definitely screwed with BB AP too much.

At 2km you have aimed it all wrong. You have made sure to hit the belt armor and all of them bounced. Flamu demonstrated it by hitting some tier 1 or 2 ship on the belt armor with a Yammy at close range. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×