Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Santa didn't deliver that ship you want?

43 comments in this topic

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
179 posts
3,429 battles

Very entertaining, OP!  Thanks for posting!

[KSD]
Members
933 posts
5,794 battles

Its really simple guys!

the discontinued ships will not drop for you until you have all the premium ships that are on that list and available on the premium shop to buy. only when you have each and every available ship from that list, will the discontinued ships drop for you. its simple logic that WG used for obvious reasons.

I havent heard of anyone who got a MO before having all the other ships on that list

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
827 posts
7,471 battles

I feel your pain OP. 50 crates so far. Mostly the mega and medium crates. 

Three premium ship's only. 

Murmansk, marblehead and kreme. Mind you i own the Marblehead lima!!

Very few dubs but close to 300 new year camo.....

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,034 posts
4,848 battles

90 bucks and all I got was a Haida and a Mohagan...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
352 posts
6,745 battles
34 minutes ago, lungiwear said:

Its really simple guys!

the discontinued ships will not drop for you until you have all the premium ships that are on that list and available on the premium shop to buy. only when you have each and every available ship from that list, will the discontinued ships drop for you. its simple logic that WG used for obvious reasons.

I havent heard of anyone who got a MO before having all the other ships on that list

not quite

first ship I got this season was in one of the two actual gift crates at the start, dropped Belfast into port

after that, in no particular order because I didn't keep track (over 5 days, 1 20-crate mega pack & 3 5-crate mega packs)

• Marblehead
  • Boise
  • Krasny Krym
  • T-61
  • Gascogne
  • Nueve de Julio
  • Roma

there are still 7 or 8 on the list of ships potentially available that I don't have

[B2P]
Members
568 posts
15,988 battles

I feel his pain.  My first ship ever to be received from a container of any kind happened last week with a big gift.... and it was the notorious Krispy Kreme!

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,524 posts
10,920 battles

You gotta be like two guys in my clan that have most of the premiums...they both got Kronstadts!   I of course have gotten ...nothing...but we all have  great time opening a few during CWs...and every one says "guess what I got" and we all yell CAMO ! 

• Cool 1

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles

I just stumbled into a little cash and blew $12.75 on 5 big crates.  I scored 2 ships...
1.  Krasny Krym.  LWM's review says, "Would I recommend? No, no, and no."
2.  Duca D'Aocasta.  LWM's review ends with "Bottom line:  Is the ship fun to play?  
I had more fun playing Krasny Krym.

• Funny 1

[GTA]
Members
49 posts
11,462 battles

I've had some fun games in the Duca esp in co-op.

My ships from 80 big gift crates:

Murmansk
Marblehead
Krasny Krym
Nueve De Julio
Kii
Monaghan

Roma
Abruzzi
Blyskawica
Ashitaka
Le Terrible

I have all the Tier 5 and 6 ships in the list except the Kamii.  Now I'm down to just 13 ships on the list I don't already have. 

[MEATS]
Supertester, Beta Testers
223 posts
3,152 battles

Crate 3: Nueve de Julio *SON OF A B-*

Crate 7: Imperator Nikolai *Oooo! Hot diggety damn!*

Crate 12: T-61 *Well..crud. Doubloons are always nice...*

Crate 17: T-61 *Seriously? Okay, more doubs for the Doub God...*

That rounded out everything I didnt have already. No sense in buying more unless I want to pray for more coal.

Which seems highly counterproductive, all things considered. 

[WOLFA]
Members
639 posts
4,512 battles

Out of 20 medium and 20 small crates I got:

Crispy donut ship

Huanghe (played one battle, will never play again)

Marblehead (MEH)

Nuevo De Julio (awesome ship)

Camo after Camo after Camo.

[VOC]
Members
83 posts
64 battles

Learned my lesson 2 years ago. Yes I like to take a gamble but keep it safe people. I think this will be the last time the lootboxes which might deliver you a banned ship (which odds are far less than achieving world peace for that matter) will appear. Don't get me wrong: I don't mind the other boxes but I loath the "Santa containers" which are IMO pure gambling. First WG creates a "scarcity" by banning so called "OP" ships but leave a backdoor open to win them. I think that's [edited]. Either you ban them or you don't. Other than the Santa boxes the others are perfectly fine as I see it: it's clearly stated what can be won inside them. Should WG remove the ridiculous possibility to win a banned ship I think they'll be fine. Or even better: reconsider the "OP-ness" of the banned ships. F.e.: see how "OP" an Impregnator or Kamikaze (R) is against a CV. Or a Payfast is when being scouted against a cooperating BB platoon. Guileo Miss-area? OP? Yes, in those 1 out of 100 battles in which the thing can actually score a hit AND do damage in the process it hits like a truck. Giveme-notchi the same. When stealth fire was removed IMO it's only another clumsy russian DD (I don't have it so I might be off track here). Furthermore I think Kutuzov was nerfed to balans (rightfully) when the smoke firing penalty arrived. Missouri?? FFS I'd trade that once in 1000 matches where that radar comes in handy any time for a spotterplane. Saipan/ Enterprise? They are CV's. And a CV decides the outcome of a match. The side which has the best WR CV, with a in my downside estimate 0,5% WR will win in 99% of the cases. For me the best chance to meet a Saipan is when playing a relevant tier turtleback BB. CV's I think don't deserve a role in this game. But I realise I'm straying off topic now.

tl;dr I keep questioning the so called "OP-ness" of banned premiums. And I think it's [edited] to make them winnable with certain containers.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,111 posts
509 battles
1 hour ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I don't think I will ever get tired of Downfall parody's. Real Estate Downfall is my favorite.

my all time fav....

[ARGSY]
Members
1,819 posts
11,701 battles
6 hours ago, iDuckman said:

You're not alone.

This might be the funniest thing ever posted on this forum.

[_-_]
Members
2,114 posts
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Seven crates and no ship!  I think I'll invade Russia.

Napoleon called. Says bad idea. :Smile_smile:

• Funny 1

[GOOF]
Members
257 posts
4,204 battles

$25 on santa crates flags and camos. 

Ok WG I get you 

[DPG]
Members
1,471 posts
6,421 battles

I bought about 70 bucks worth of crates across mega, big, and regular.  I ended up with about 7k doubloons, some coal, flags, camo, and three prem ships.  The ships were the T-61, Prinz Eugen and Molotov.  With the extra coal and dubs I was able to get the Musashi and Nelson.  I felt like it was pretty good haul for 70 bucks.

Sign in to follow this