You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
skillztowin

TIERMIN8TOR- T8 MM - EVENT (to test new algorithm)

5 comments in this topic

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
723 posts
6,599 battles

I propose an event. Where WG offeres rewards for playing and/or winning in any T8 ship.  The goal of the event is to saturate the random MM que with T8 ships.  We all take stats during the event to see if T8's are predominantly still bottom tier. 

I call the event - TIERMIN8TOR.

next week I will post a solution for world hunger. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[R-F]
Members
1,370 posts
8,293 battles

If you did manage to "saturate the queue" with T8 ships it would create a different situation for matchmaker to deal with than what it normally gets, so whatever data you took would not necessarily translate to what a T8 player can expect on a normal day.  You need to log data without creating situations like rewards or contests to alter the balance.

I have a solution for world hunger but first I'm going to need a shiny glove and six gemstones.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
723 posts
6,599 battles
6 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

to "saturate the queue" with T8 ships it would create a different situation for matchmaker

Yes yes!. MOAR T8's ! People solve plenty of issues by throwing MORE money at it. Let's solve T8 MM by getting more players to play T8! 

Members
2,255 posts

Really, the only thing I noticed is that every 3rd or 4th battle... They make you top tier guaranteed. So you'er still suffering 50-75% of the time, being bottom tier. 

Edited by MorbidGamer