You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Xcalib3r

Who got Missouri from Santa Crates?

MO from crate  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of crate you get the MO from?

• Mega crate
    • Big crate

27 comments in this topic

[UEFN]
Members
876 posts
16,357 battles

If you hit the jackpot and gotten the Missouri from Santa crates, was it from the Mega or Big crate?   and is the MO a credit-nerfed version or does it earn the same as the old MO?

• Boring 1

[TBW]
Members
7,699 posts
14,100 battles
18 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

and is the MO a credit-nerfed version or does it earn the same as the old MO?

It has not been changed.

[-BUI-]
Members
1,325 posts
3,423 battles

If you wanna gamble for ships, ONLY buy Big crates, avoid Mega crates.

If you opened 100 of each, you MIGHT get 1-2 more ships out of Mega, maybe, at best.   Not worth the extra $30 per bundle.

Edited by Zenn3k

[90TH]
Members
967 posts
8,745 battles

All I got from crates was a piece of string and some used chewing gum. Thanks, Santa!

Edited by n00bot

[RED]
[RED]
Members
192 posts
10,711 battles
2 minutes ago, n00bot said:

All I got from crates was a piece of string and some used chewing gum. Thanks, Santa!

Still better than the Krasny Krym 

• Funny 1

[KSD]
Members
933 posts
5,729 battles

got the missouri!

all I can say is that the ships that have been discontinued will not appear in the crates unless you have all the premium ships that are on that list!

anyone who thinks or has gotten the missouri before completing all the *rare* ships has some god level RNG and should probably go buy a lotto ticket.

if you have the money then sure go for it, you will get all the premium ships along with it. if not then, missouri will not come to you in only a single crate buy.

thats how it is designed to work. i already had most of the premium ships, got around 8-10 more before missouri dropped for me. and I verified after getting the missouri that I had each and every ship apart from the discontinued ships on the list before the rare ships started dropping. thats just WG's way of making money. however its simple logic.

Im gonna buy 1 more 20 pack crate and try to get the belfast or kutozov. since I already have all the ships on the list, those are the only ships that will drop for me in supercontainers

Also that is why most streamers that published the video on santa crates did not get rare ships, because they already own all premiums. not sure how many streamers you saw that actually got those rare ships. and if they did then it was probably the only ship that they did not have in port already

Edited by lungiwear
  • Cool 1

[KSD]
Members
933 posts
5,729 battles

also one trick you can use is to buy the ships ingame for the doubloons you get from opening the crates. that reduces the chance of that ship dropping, and by doing so you cross off 1 ship on that list so the other ships will start dropping.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
31 posts
3,289 battles

Got mine from big crates, but only had it pop between 200-220 crates I opened.

Big crates have about 10% chance of receiving a ship if you dont have many premium already.

Mega crates seem about 12%-15%.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,576 posts
2 hours ago, Xcalib3r said:

If you hit the jackpot and gotten the Missouri from Santa crates, was it from the Mega or Big crate?   and is the MO a credit-nerfed version or does it earn the same as the old MO?

You've got 11,000 games. . . why didn't you just convert the xp to get her originally.  That's what I did.  I think it cost me about $30.

[B2P]
Members
568 posts
15,957 battles
1 hour ago, custer_14 said:

Hey, I finally got my first ship ever from any kind of crate and it was the Krasny Krym!  String and used chewing gum are not better, although string and a new stick of gum would be.  :Smile_veryhappy:

Accidentally bought myself a second set of 5 big gifts.  Meant for it to be as a gift for a clan mate, but got click happy, and that's how I ended up with possibly the worst premium ship in existence as my first ever crate ship.  Then a clan mate sent me a mega gift, and I got an Ashitaka.  So maybe the curse of never getting any ships from containers is over?

Only time will tell.

[UEFN]
Members
876 posts
16,357 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

You've got 11,000 games. . . why didn't you just convert the xp to get her originally.  That's what I did.  I think it cost me about $30.

I was sitting on over 1.5mil of freexp and didn't need to convert anything while the MO was still available, also had 300mil of credits that i had no where to spend, naturally making credits was at the bottom of my priority list so i skipped the MO.  LOL should have gotten it regardless...been kicking myself for skipping it, i want it now for collection value.

Members
178 posts
3,473 battles

No Mo for me but i got the Bama! I let out a verbal 'chhyeaaah!!' at my desk. :Smile_hiding:

Megas just give more paint/gold/coal. Bought both as of today and got Monaghan out of megas and Krasny, murmansk and bama out of bigs . Think i bought five more bigs than megas... if it makes a difference 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,576 posts
3 hours ago, Xcalib3r said:

I was sitting on over 1.5mil of freexp and didn't need to convert anything while the MO was still available, also had 300mil of credits that i had no where to spend, naturally making credits was at the bottom of my priority list so i skipped the MO.  LOL should have gotten it regardless...been kicking myself for skipping it, i want it now for collection value.

Why would you not have bought it under those circumstances?  I got it even though I had no need of credits and didn’t even particularly want it.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
6 hours ago, lungiwear said:

got the missouri!

all I can say is that the ships that have been discontinued will not appear in the crates unless you have all the premium ships that are on that list!

Yeah.  I already had the Missouri, and the Belfast, and the Kutuzov, and the Gremy, and the Kami.  Oh, and Nikolai, too.

I had five ships I could possibly get.  Musashi, Kronshtadt, Nueve de Julio, Murmansk, and of course, Krasny Krym.

I got those five, and dupes of T-61, Ashitaka, and Monaghan.  I suspect I wouldn't have gotten both T9 FXP ships if I had other things still left I could get.

Edited by mavfin87

Alpha Tester
401 posts
9,965 battles
7 hours ago, custer_14 said:

That's what I got.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,447 posts
5,719 battles

Ok.  I am done buying Santa crates for this year.

Here is my final tally (not counting camo or signals)  with about $200 spent.  Merry Christmas to me!

Missouri - I just got her about an hour ago.  I took her into a random all flagged up.  I came 2nd on my winning team with 1600 base xp.  An enemy Minotaur tried to smoke up in front of me.  I radared her and then sent her to the bottom.  VERY satisfying.  She printed just shy of 1,400,000 credits after expenses.

Tirpitz - Now I can do the Gold Rush missions.

Ashitaka

Duke of York - Now I won't have to keep the King George.

Blyskawica (from doubloons received)

Sims

Z-39 (from doubloons received)

Monaghan

T-61

Marblehead

Krasny Krim -  I'm keeping her.  I call her Garbagebote insurance.  I will never get a Krasny Krim in a supercontainer.

October Revolution - She is very strong but GC is still my go to tier 5 BB.

Every one of these came from the big containers.  I only purchased 5 of the megacontainers and got jack squat from them.

[INTEL]
Members
1,657 posts
10,928 battles
54 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Ok.  I am done buying Santa crates for this year.

Here is my final tally (not counting camo or signals)  with about $200 spent.  Merry Christmas to me!

Missouri - I just got her about an hour ago.  I took her into a random all flagged up.  I came 2nd on my winning team with 1600 base xp.  An enemy Minotaur tried to smoke up in front of me.  I radared her and then sent her to the bottom.  VERY satisfying.  She printed just shy of 1,400,000 credits after expenses.

Tirpitz - Now I can do the Gold Rush missions.

Ashitaka

Duke of York - Now I won't have to keep the King George.

Blyskawica (from doubloons received)

Sims

Z-39 (from doubloons received)

Monaghan

T-61

Marblehead

Krasny Krim -  I'm keeping her.  I call her Garbagebote insurance.  I will never get a Krasny Krim in a supercontainer.

October Revolution - She is very strong but GC is still my go to tier 5 BB.

Every one of these came from the big containers.  I only purchased 5 of the megacontainers and got jack squat from them.

That's a pretty good haul.  I picked up the Krasny in my boxes along with a few other 'OK' ships.  I wasn't expecting much as I already have all of the rare ones. 

I imagine it did present WG with a dilemma.  How do they make this year's crates attractive to those of us who already had most of the ships?  I know that I spend much less this year than I did last year.

Oh, and thank you WG for not resurrecting the Frosty Fir camo.  I still have hundreds of those.