You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Colonel_Lonewolf

Best Ship Santa Crates

16 comments in this topic

[CYPHR]
Beta Testers
27 posts
7,160 battles

Based on my own experience, none of them but as you'll see in other posts, luck is the biggest factor.

This year I spent $150 on 40x Mega crates. I got Monaghan, Sims and Marblehead, along with 6k doubloons.

I spent $50 more on 20x Big crates and got another 1000 doublons, zero ships.

I believe Lert said the Big boxes have the best odds in an earlier post. 

Unless you're trying for a ship no longer sold, it would be best to wait on a sale and buy it outright imho.

[BUOY]
Members
359 posts
9,727 battles
6 minutes ago, Colonel_Lonewolf said:

Which Santa crates are most productive for receiving ships?  Normal, Big or Mega?  Thanks.

Big crates have the best bang for your buck when it comes to the chance to drop ships since they have around a 10% chance as vs a 12-13% chance for Megas while you can get 3 Bigs for 2 Megas. OTOH, Megas have literally double the amount of doubloons and dragon flags so they do provide the best value when it comes to those pulls

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,707 posts
11,022 battles

My experience was the Big crates for ships.  The Mega crates give you double the signals, coal, premium time and camo for about 50% more cost.

So, if you are after ships, I suggest Big crates.  If you are after signals, coal, premium time and camo, Mega crates are definitely the way to go.

Edited by ClassicLib

[INTEL]
Members
1,707 posts
11,022 battles
5 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

Big crates have the best bang for your buck when it comes to the chance to drop ships since they have around a 10% chance as vs a 12-13% chance for Megas while you can get 3 Bigs for 2 Megas. OTOH, Megas have literally double the amount of doubloons and dragon flags so they do provide the best value when it comes to those pulls

double post.  sorry :-)

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
690 posts
1,790 battles

The survey here seems to back up that Big crates had just about as much chance to get a ship as a Mega, but obviously at $3 instead of $5 per crate, you can afford to buy more Bigs: 

[O_O]
Members
5,191 posts
11,795 battles
21 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

My experience was the Big crates for ships.  The Mega crates give you double the signals, coal, premium time and camo for about 50% more cost.

So, if you are after ships, I suggest Big crates.  If you are after signals, coal, premium time and camo, Mega crates are definitely the way to go.

Premium time is NOT offered in this year's Santa crates, just to be clear.

[INTEL]
Members
1,707 posts
11,022 battles
Just now, desmo_2 said:

Premium time is NOT offered in this year's Santa crates, just to be clear.

Thanks.  I knew that.  ugh  I meant to include doubloons in the list instead of Premium time.

It was in my head to comment on the lack of Premium time but that it wasn't important to me because I received a huge amount in the 2017 crates.  But it is missing in this year's crates.  Many people were hoping for it and with WG doing away with the big discount on Premium time they were really looking forward to it getting it this year.

[-BUI-]
Members
1,330 posts
3,445 battles
1 hour ago, Colonel_Lonewolf said:

Which Santa crates are most productive for receiving ships?  Normal, Big or Mega?  Thanks.

Per $ value?   Big for sure.   Solid 10% chance.

Mega is $30 more and only has 2-5% higher chance for a ship, so negligible you won't notice.

ONLY go Mega if you want the flags and higher doubloon/coal, because thats the majority of what you'll get

Edited by Zenn3k

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,934 posts
4,588 battles
1 hour ago, HipMichael35 said:

The Crate RNG this year I hear is pretty bad. But I've heard some success from the Big Gifts 

That's heard what I heard to.  Of course, the ships are random, so you could get a "meh" ship moreso than the vaunted OP vessels.

Personally, the best year for the Santa crates (for me) was the second year of them.  That's when I got my Kutuzov, Tirpitz and Atago in one swoop.

Members
981 posts

You wanna buy sum big crates.

ol Jerry Reed sung it right.   WOWs got tha gold mine I got the shaft on the mega crates. 

U want ships buy lotsa big crates

Edited by Toxic_Potato

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,445 posts
11,347 battles

The Mega crates have the best ship payout rates but crates are not a good way to acquire desired ships. It is best to buy the crates expecting nothing and enjoy whatever comes along.

• Cool 1

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
38 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

You wanna buy sum big crates.

ol Jerry Reed sung it right.   WOWs got tha gold mine I got the shaft on the mega crates. 

U want ships buy lotsa big crates

I bought 60 Mega Crates and got 14 ships. That's roughly one ship for every 4 crates. IMHO, that's pretty good odds.

Now for your entertainment pleasure...

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,698 posts
15,738 battles

Big crates were the most productive the past two years. Maybe that's because they were bought the most?

Members
981 posts
2 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

I bought 60 Mega Crates and got 14 ships. That's roughly one ship for every 4 crates. IMHO, that's pretty good odds.

Now for your entertainment pleasure...

Ol Fred just can’t believe his ears.  He only got two crappy Cruisers not good enough for a cat in his 20 mega crates. ... good goin to you Sir!