Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Colonel_Lonewolf

Best Ship Santa Crates

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

60
[CYPHR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
41 posts
11,262 battles

Based on my own experience, none of them but as you'll see in other posts, luck is the biggest factor.

This year I spent $150 on 40x Mega crates. I got Monaghan, Sims and Marblehead, along with 6k doubloons.

I spent $50 more on 20x Big crates and got another 1000 doublons, zero ships.

I believe Lert said the Big boxes have the best odds in an earlier post. 

Unless you're trying for a ship no longer sold, it would be best to wait on a sale and buy it outright imho.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
313
[BUOY]
Members
864 posts
13,448 battles
6 minutes ago, Colonel_Lonewolf said:

Which Santa crates are most productive for receiving ships?  Normal, Big or Mega?  Thanks.

Big crates have the best bang for your buck when it comes to the chance to drop ships since they have around a 10% chance as vs a 12-13% chance for Megas while you can get 3 Bigs for 2 Megas. OTOH, Megas have literally double the amount of doubloons and dragon flags so they do provide the best value when it comes to those pulls

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
917
[INTEL]
Members
2,900 posts
15,744 battles

My experience was the Big crates for ships.  The Mega crates give you double the signals, coal, premium time and camo for about 50% more cost.

So, if you are after ships, I suggest Big crates.  If you are after signals, coal, premium time and camo, Mega crates are definitely the way to go.

Edited by ClassicLib

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
917
[INTEL]
Members
2,900 posts
15,744 battles
5 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

Big crates have the best bang for your buck when it comes to the chance to drop ships since they have around a 10% chance as vs a 12-13% chance for Megas while you can get 3 Bigs for 2 Megas. OTOH, Megas have literally double the amount of doubloons and dragon flags so they do provide the best value when it comes to those pulls

double post.  sorry :-)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
278
[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,034 posts
3,502 battles

The survey here seems to back up that Big crates had just about as much chance to get a ship as a Mega, but obviously at $3 instead of $5 per crate, you can afford to buy more Bigs: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,781
[O_O]
Members
6,283 posts
14,681 battles
21 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

My experience was the Big crates for ships.  The Mega crates give you double the signals, coal, premium time and camo for about 50% more cost.

So, if you are after ships, I suggest Big crates.  If you are after signals, coal, premium time and camo, Mega crates are definitely the way to go.

Premium time is NOT offered in this year's Santa crates, just to be clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
917
[INTEL]
Members
2,900 posts
15,744 battles
Just now, desmo_2 said:

Premium time is NOT offered in this year's Santa crates, just to be clear.

Thanks.  I knew that.  ugh  I meant to include doubloons in the list instead of Premium time.

It was in my head to comment on the lack of Premium time but that it wasn't important to me because I received a huge amount in the 2017 crates.  But it is missing in this year's crates.  Many people were hoping for it and with WG doing away with the big discount on Premium time they were really looking forward to it getting it this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,301
[-BUI-]
Members
1,814 posts
5,245 battles
1 hour ago, Colonel_Lonewolf said:

Which Santa crates are most productive for receiving ships?  Normal, Big or Mega?  Thanks.

Per $ value?   Big for sure.   Solid 10% chance.

Mega is $30 more and only has 2-5% higher chance for a ship, so negligible you won't notice.

ONLY go Mega if you want the flags and higher doubloon/coal, because thats the majority of what you'll get

Edited by Zenn3k
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,092 posts
5,325 battles
1 hour ago, HipMichael35 said:

The Crate RNG this year I hear is pretty bad. But I've heard some success from the Big Gifts 

That's heard what I heard to.  Of course, the ships are random, so you could get a "meh" ship moreso than the vaunted OP vessels.

Personally, the best year for the Santa crates (for me) was the second year of them.  That's when I got my Kutuzov, Tirpitz and Atago in one swoop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,373 posts

You wanna buy sum big crates.

ol Jerry Reed sung it right.   WOWs got tha gold mine I got the shaft on the mega crates. 

U want ships buy lotsa big crates

Edited by Toxic_Potato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,559
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,771 posts
14,009 battles

The Mega crates have the best ship payout rates but crates are not a good way to acquire desired ships. It is best to buy the crates expecting nothing and enjoy whatever comes along.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,550
Members
4,426 posts
18,458 battles
38 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

You wanna buy sum big crates.

ol Jerry Reed sung it right.   WOWs got tha gold mine I got the shaft on the mega crates. 

U want ships buy lotsa big crates

I bought 60 Mega Crates and got 14 ships. That's roughly one ship for every 4 crates. IMHO, that's pretty good odds.

Now for your entertainment pleasure...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,511
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,513 posts
20,343 battles

Big crates were the most productive the past two years. Maybe that's because they were bought the most?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,373 posts
2 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

I bought 60 Mega Crates and got 14 ships. That's roughly one ship for every 4 crates. IMHO, that's pretty good odds.

Now for your entertainment pleasure...

 

Ol Fred just can’t believe his ears.  He only got two crappy Cruisers not good enough for a cat in his 20 mega crates. ... good goin to you Sir!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×