You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
skillztowin

Warships only premium value

20 comments in this topic

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
723 posts
6,599 battles

Any one got the pulse on the price the warships only premium will be?

There are a few posts about leveraging gold from the roll out.  However, I was thinking there is a possibility the new offer will come at a decreased price. I mean, if 1 yr for premium account for 3 games is $100.  Could it be that WG offers a Warships only at $33. ? I don't think 15% increase in earnings will justify the product being offered at the same price. 

Thoughts?

[WOLFG]
Members
5,269 posts
3,092 battles

If you only play WoWs, the 15% is a bonus.

If you play multiple WG games, WoWs premium doesn't really have value.

[BUOY]
Members
354 posts
9,698 battles
7 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

There are a few posts about leveraging gold from the roll out.  However, I was thinking there is a possibility the new offer will come at a decreased price. I mean, if 1 yr for premium account for 3 games is $100.  Could it be that WG offers a Warships only at $33. ? I don't think 15% increase in earnings will justify the product being offered at the same price. 

Thoughts?

Warships premium is the same price as regular premium and regular premium will still offer the same benefit in Warships, so if you buy regular premium with gold in Tanks/Planes, you'll still get the same benefit.

The only gold leveraging you can do is to either spend your Tanks/Planes gold on premium now to take advantage of the 1:1 conversion or to buy both kinds of premium after .7.12 hits and get some doubloons back in recognition of the overlap.

[PVE]
Members
15,155 posts
9,935 battles
26 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

Thoughts?

Same pricing. Here is the article.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/wows-premium/

[KSD]
Members
933 posts
5,738 battles

I already have premium for a year, so that means I will get the new premium for whatever time it remains. im happy with that. lets see where we're at after a year

[PVE]
Members
15,155 posts
9,935 battles
Just now, lungiwear said:

I already have premium for a year, so that means I will get the new premium for whatever time it remains. im happy with that. lets see where we're at after a year

On Dec 19th, when patch 7.12 drops, your WG premium time will be duplicated with WoWs premium time. Only one type will extend that type. So WoWs premium time will only extend WoWs premium time, and WG only WG. But if you buy WoWs premium time that overlaps with EXISTING WG premium time, you get 25 doubloons a day compensation. If you buy WG premium time that overlaps with EXISTING WoWs premium time, you do not get doubloons. So if you want to buy both, always buy the 3 game WG premium time first.

[SBS]
Members
4,203 posts
2,408 battles
Just now, lungiwear said:

Yeah, its very generous of WG to do this.  It doesn't help everyone, but if you play the other games too you're making out pretty well. 

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
6,039 posts
16,063 battles

So the overlap compensation is only 10% of the cost of 1 day premium time per day! 1 day of either is 250 doubloons but the overlap compensation is only 25 doubloons! That is a 225 doubloon per day rip off!

[PVE]
Members
15,155 posts
9,935 battles
9 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

So the overlap compensation is only 10% of the cost of 1 day premium time per day! 1 day of either is 250 doubloons but the overlap compensation is only 25 doubloons! That is a 225 doubloon per day rip off!

You are getting 25 doubloons and the +15% XP for having WoWs time overlap with existing WG premium time. You DO NOT have to buy WoWs premium time if you play WoT and/or WoWP as you can just buy WG premium time with NO CHANGES. But if you ONLY play WoWs, it is a benefit.

[NSEW]
Members
1,099 posts

On the subject of Premiums. Is there a method in which we can convert our doubloons into Premium time?

That is something worth giving back to the community if it isn't already available. Just an idea.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,398 posts
14,684 battles
1 minute ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Is there a method in which we can convert our doubloons into Premium time?

You can buy premium time using doubloons in-game. Click the Standard or Premium Account area of your profile, I think.

• Cool 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
6,039 posts
16,063 battles

@LowSpeed_US you can buy premium time with doubloons in WoWs and Gold in WoT and WoWp that is useable in all 3 games.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
9 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

You can buy premium time using doubloons in-game. Click the Standard or Premium Account area of your profile, I think.

Yeah, I have a fair amount of premium time lying around.  Before I uninstalled WoT and WoWP, I turned the gold on that side of the account into premium time...

[SBS]
Members
4,203 posts
2,408 battles
5 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

I'd say the 25 doubloon per day isn't a ton of motivation, but I wouldn't go as far as to call it a rip off.  Buying premium time by the day is the most expensive.  If you buy a year the cost is something like 60ish doubloon per day.  That's isn't going to motivate a lot people either.  Still, they didn't have to offer any compensation.  So I guess its a win, if you're looking at from far enough away,, while squinting, in the dark. :Smile-_tongue: 

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

I am really hoping for an early adopter sale, some thing like 30-50% off. I am holding off buying santa crates until I know how much the premium time is going to cost me.

[NSEW]
Members
1,099 posts
30 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@LowSpeed_US you can buy premium time with doubloons in WoWs and Gold in WoT and WoWp that is useable in all 3 games.

You know, I didn't realise this until you pointed it out! Thank you.

[PVE]
Members
15,155 posts
9,935 battles
11 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

I am really hoping for an early adopter sale, some thing like 30-50% off. I am holding off buying santa crates until I know how much the premium time is going to cost me.

I am as well.

Beta Testers
2,515 posts
21,655 battles
4 hours ago, lungiwear said:

I have something like 3300 premium days i , I will have to wait for renewal for a few years if WG will still be around ?

[PVE]
Members
15,155 posts
9,935 battles
3 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

I have something like 3300 premium days i , I will have to wait for renewal for a few years if WG will still be around ?

Over 9! years! :Smile_amazed: