You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gandariel

Update 7.12.

92 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,898 battles

Based on prior patches, the video is the day before patch day and on patch day your launcher will automatically request to download the patch.  Either way open your launcher, if it starts to patch then it's patch day if not they it's not.

• Cool 1

Members
521 posts

Next week, unfortunately. I was hoping they would be able to get in done for this week, as I am anxious for the PEF missions and steel campaign. Lots to do in the next update! They kind of messed up, because now we are in a week of limbo after the RN event ended. 

[ARGSY]
Members
11,697 posts
7,510 battles
18 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

now we are in a week of limbo after the RN event ended. 

A week of semi-peace, where we can plough quietly through the Dailies if we want Dreadnought and not have to worry ourselves overmuch about any other specific thing.

• Cool 5

[KAPPA]
Members
1,007 posts
5,990 battles
8 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Next week, unfortunately. I was hoping they would be able to get in done for this week, as I am anxious for the PEF missions and steel campaign. Lots to do in the next update! They kind of messed up, because now we are in a week of limbo after the RN event ended. 

But didn't they say this cycle would be 3 weeks, with the events starting on the 13th? Did something go wrong?

Members
521 posts
2 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

But didn't they say this cycle would be 3 weeks, with the events starting on the 13th? Did something go wrong?

Yes. 7.11 went wrong and they were late by a week. Looks like they tried to get 7.12 out this week still on a 3 week cycle, because test #2 ended Monday, but they didn't make it. 

Members
521 posts
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

A week of semi-peace, where we can plough quietly through the Dailies if we want Dreadnought and not have to worry ourselves overmuch about any other specific thing.

I'll disagree on that. I love me some stuff to do, always! 

[-K-]
Members
6,453 posts
10,702 battles
35 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Agreed.  As much as I'm looking forward to the upcoming campaigns, it's going to be quite a slog for all the events, plus trying to get snowflake wins in all the T8+ ships for steel.

[HYDRO]
Members
3,165 posts
4,785 battles

Been enjoying some time away from WoWs for the past week or so after getting Cossack, hopefully by the patch date batteries will be filled once again.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles
37 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

33 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Yes. 7.11 went wrong and they were late by a week. Looks like they tried to get 7.12 out this week still on a 3 week cycle, because test #2 ended Monday, but they didn't make it. 

On the original 4 week cycle, patch 7.12 would have been today. But the Halloween event was 5 weeks long, so IF patch 7.11 was 3 weeks, then they would be back to the original plan. But with the way the PTS was shaping up, patch 7.11 was going to be 4 weeks long. So patch 7.12 will be dropping Dec 19th.

2 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Hopefully they will extend the PEF campaign by a week in compensation.

The Dev Bulletin from last week has already said that the In the Name of His Highness campaign that awards PEF will be 5 weeks long. There will be one Stage with 4 Directives total. One Directive will come out each week and the last week will be a catch up week to work on all the Directives. That also means that the Snowflake event should be 5 weeks long as well.

The date for Guineas to be converted to credits changed multiple times in-game, but in November finally settled on Jan 23rd. Guineas are to last until the end of patch 7.12. So it all fits for patch 7.12 to drop Dec 19th and patch 8.0 to drop Jan 23rd.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
11,697 posts
7,510 battles
10 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

trying to get snowflake wins in all the T8+ ships for steel.

I have a vague recollection that Co-op is permissible for this. Swallow your pride if need be and git 'er done.

42 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

I love me some stuff to do, always! 

While I nominally agree, I'm grateful for their absence at this particular time - school Christmas events are hitting hard IRL, and any directives that came out today would have had to be put off till at least Friday.

[-K-]
Members
6,453 posts
10,702 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I have a vague recollection that Co-op is permissible for this. Swallow your pride if need be and git 'er done.

Nah, I'll still do it in Randoms.  I just hope there is a discount on commander re-training with the next patch so I can move some mid-tier captains up to T8 and T9 ships.

[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles
5 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

I thought the foghorn video I saw this morning said it was tomorrow?

I don't know what the foghorn video is. If patch 7.12 were to drop tomorrow, there should be patch notes today and the main site mentioning the server down time. I am 99.99999...% sure patch 7.12 will be on Dec 19th and patch 8.0 will be on Jan 23rd.

You never cna be 100% as WG likes ot change things to keep us on our toes. See all the dates that changed in the RN event. Guineas changed dates in-game like 3 or 4 times.

[-K-]
Members
6,453 posts
10,702 battles
8 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

I thought the foghorn video I saw this morning said it was tomorrow?

Looked like just some guy's opinion video on 0.7.12, not a formal release notes version from WG.

[PVE]
Members
8,700 posts
15,521 battles

Was looking forward to getting started on PEF. That is a ship I have wanted since it was 1st announced. Looks like not until next week sadly. Although I have to admit it will be kind of nice NOT having a mission or event you have to deal with for a short period.

[USCG]
Members
383 posts
14,844 battles

Sounds like TWO campaigns coming with the next update?? One will win you the PEF and the second nets you steel (along with other things).  I watched the video and it sounds like the second campaign (steel) will come at a cost ($$$) in the premium shop.  Any word on what the price will be???

[A-I-M]
Members
1,776 posts
9,545 battles
1 hour ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

I wonder if/how this affects Clan Battles; Today was supposed to be the rotation to three different "rental" ships. Do the existing ones stay? Rotate? or somehow just hose Clan Battles? ("But nooo!!!, you say. "They NEVER hose clan battles!")

1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

20 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Was looking forward to getting started on PEF. That is a ship I have wanted since it was 1st announced. Looks like not until next week sadly. Although I have to admit it will be kind of nice NOT having a mission or event you have to deal with for a short period.

It's actually liberating to know that holiday stuff makes Dreadnought unattainable. I don't have to worry about it. And for now, I've made the decision to pass on the PEF grind. Once you decide not to be hooked on a limited-time grind, it truly is liberating.

[ARGSY]
Members
11,697 posts
7,510 battles
3 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I assumed it was tomorrow, Thurs... don't they usually patch on Thurs?

No, Wednesday.

[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles
6 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

Sounds like TWO campaigns coming with the next update?? One will win you the PEF and the second nets you steel (along with other things).  I watched the video and it sounds like the second campaign (steel) will come at a cost ($$$) in the premium shop.  Any word on what the price will be???

Two free campaigns and one purchased campaign

In the Name of His Highness is a One Stage, FOUR Directive campaign to get PEF. One Directive comes out per week and the 5th week is catch up. Complete the campaign for PEF and it will have steel rewards..

Mighty Prinz is a campaign that opens when you get PEF. You can buy PEF in the shop to start early. You get T6 tech tree ships, perma-camo for those ships, at least one Santa crate and maybe some steel for completing it.

Steel Monsters is a purchased campaign that rewards steel.

Nothing yet on what Snowflakes or any of the campaigns will give out as amounts of steel.

5 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I wonder if/how this affects Clan Battles; Today was supposed to be the rotation to three different "rental" ships. Do the existing ones stay? Rotate? or somehow just hose Clan Battles? ("But nooo!!!, you say. "They NEVER hose clan battles!")

It's actually liberating to know that holiday stuff makes Dreadnought unattainable. I don't have to worry about it. And for now, I've made the decision to pass on the PEF grind. Once you decide not to be hooked on a limited-time grind, it truly is liberating.

Clan rentals swap out on Friday morning it appears.

5o0f5q2.jpg

2 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I assumed it was tomorrow, Thurs... don't they usually patch on Thurs?

Patches on are Wednesdays. Patch 7.12 will drop Dec 19th and patch 8.0 will drop Jan 23rd.

[PVE]
Members
8,700 posts
15,521 battles
20 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I am not killing myself for Dreadnought. If I get it great and if not that's fine. It's a T3 BB I might play 5 times before it becomes a port queen. PEF however looks like a ship I will like and want. So grinding it out for free is worth it. I play the game a lot anyway so getting it free vs buying it outright is a win win for me. But I do get your overall point.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[USCG]
Members
383 posts
14,844 battles
33 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I am not killing myself for Dreadnought. If I get it great and if not that's fine. It's a T3 BB I might play 5 times before it becomes a port queen. PEF however looks like a ship I will like and want. So grinding it out for free is worth it. I play the game a lot anyway so getting it free vs buying it outright is a win win for me. But I do get your overall point.

Again, I disagree with WGing's requirement of winning 40 daily challenges to obtain the Dreadnought.  This challenge is strictly based on how many days in a month can you play.  Since you can only win two daily challenges a day you pretty much have to play everyday to win at least one daily challenge AND win both daily challenges every weekend in December.  Sure, if I could sit in front of my computer everyday for a few hours...no problem.  However, like many of us we work during the week and have other commitments that prevent us from playing everyday.  Miss a few days and now you have to make it up somehow during the week.  Drop the requirement from 40 to 30 and I'm OK with that...