Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Phasferous

Co-op Achivements?? What are ones you can get?

23 comments in this topic

[RAWR]
Members
552 posts

So what Achievements can you get in Co-op? Last I had heard there are none and only can be earned in Random. Is this correct? If so why is the "Hero's Mark" mission for the RN event claim you can earn it in Co-op?

If anyone knows I'd appreciate some sort of info on this. Since I've been playing Co-op more then Random lately and not once has a single Achievement popped for me. Not even something like the Dreadnought one. Which can be done using most of the USN BBs. Or even Fireproof.

2018-12-12_0116.png

[USCC2]
Members
4,774 posts

None as far as I know. For a brief time you could get a 4 kill achievement, but that was tied to another event (but did overlap with the RN event, so was achievable). :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1

[RAWR]
Members
552 posts
7 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

None as far as I know. For a brief time you could get a 4 kill achievement, but that was tied to another event (but did overlap with the RN event, so was achievable). :Smile_honoring:

So there was a achievement that you could get but no there isn't?

So did someone at WGing just...slap in the same text for all the missions and not check?

Still hoping there is a achievement that I can use for this stage mission but from what I can find there are none.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,670 posts
20,668 battles

The only place besides PvP where you can get achievements right now is in the Dynamo OP. You can get "Natural Selection" for killing 4+ little boats and if all the players survive the op, there is another for that (I forget the name). I have used Dynamo to farm all the achievement missions in the UK campaign.  

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,447 posts
5,719 battles

Hey.  Look, it's a thread about co-op achievements.  I guess it's time to trot this out again.  :Smile_trollface:

WG, please feel free to completely ignore this post.  :cap_like:

[USCC2]
Members
4,774 posts
3 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

The only place besides PvP where you can get achievements right now is in the Dynamo OP. You can get "Natural Selection" for killing 4+ little boats and if all the players survive the op, there is another for that (I forget the name). I have used Dynamo to farm all the achievement missions in the UK campaign.  

Good point ref Ops Taylor. :Smile_honoring:

3 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Hey.  Look, it's a thread about co-op achievements.  I guess it's time to trot this out again.  :Smile_trollface:

Why the negative approach to achievements in CoOp? All achievement are is an objective completed in the mode being played - that objective can be tweaked to fit the mode of play (as with the 4 kill one).

Sorry if  I read the post wrong and you aren't being negative. :Smile_honoring:

[RAWR]
Members
552 posts
2 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Thanks for the heads up on this one. Didn't know it existed.

3 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Fact that they misled players into thinking that they can earn achievements in Co-op through this "Use this mode to complete this mission" shows a lot about their QA department. Or maybe lack there of. Within the last month and a half I started playing Co-op more and more. However I've never gotten past Stage 3 for the RN event (just got burnt out too fast due to mixture with school) so I've never seen a mission like this that says you can earn it in Co-op. I had some minor prior knowledge about achievements not being in Co-op but I haven't kept up and thought maybe they had added some.

Not all players will have the knowledge that Co-op doesn't have achievements, so they'll ended up slaving away and grinding Co-op battle after Co-op battle trying to get a achievement to finish this mission.

Good to know on my end not to bother trying to get that mission completes but sure is a blunder on WGings part. Since it's now clear that there wasn't any QA involved and they more then likely just copy and pasted the mission requirements from all the others and then pushed it out.

[RAWR]
Members
552 posts
Just now, _WaveRider_ said:

Good point ref Ops Taylor. :Smile_honoring:

Why the negative approach to achievements in CoOp? All achievement are is an objective completed in the mode being played - that objective can be tweaked to fit the mode of play (as with the 4 kill one).

I read his post as sarcastic. That he too wants Achievements in Co-op. But I may have misinterpreted wrong as well. xD

[ARGSY]
Members
11,697 posts
7,510 battles

The thing is they made a blanket description for all the modes, just in case something changes in this regard. Laziness or oversight.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,447 posts
5,719 battles
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I'm not being negative.  I very much would like for WG to implement the Admiral's system.  The post by AdmiralThunder has been reposted and requested numerous times by many different people since I've been here (over a year now).  Each and every time it has been met with thunderous silence by WG.

Not negative, but no longer hopeful either.

Best regards,

CS

• Cool 2

[USCC2]
Members
4,774 posts
1 hour ago, Phasferous said:

I read his post as sarcastic. That he too wants Achievements in Co-op. But I may have misinterpreted wrong as well. xD

A person could say why should you get achievements for playing...a game at any level/mode?

However, most know it's enjoyable to achieve certain objectives and be 'rewarded' for them. It keeps people invested in a game (whatever mode). All you have to do is change what the objective is to win the achievement.:Smile_honoring:

[USCC2]
Members
4,774 posts
3 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

I'm not being negative.  I very much would like for WG to implement the Admiral's system.  The post by AdmiralThunder has been reposted and requested numerous times by many different people since I've been here (over a year now).  Each and every time it has been met with thunderous silence by WG.

Not negative, but no longer hopeful either.

Best regards,

CS

:Smile_honoring: Hi Cap, 

I wasn't sure because of the nothing to see comment.

I know Thunder would like to see achievements in CoOp, I agree. I think it was where you said others have asked for similar, put Thunder's post up, and then said nothing to see move along. So I thought you were dismissing his idea/the idea of achievements in CoOp (which is why I asked and apologised if I got it wrong).

My mistake; appreciate your follow up/explanation.:Smile_honoring:

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,447 posts
5,719 battles

I should know better that to try and be sarcastic when posting.  Totally my fault there.  The Admiral's system is awesome and really should see the light of day at some point.  It would be a shame if it never happened.

CS

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,670 posts
20,668 battles
11 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

There are none!

Actually there are several achievements that can be earned playing co-op. They generally deal with researching ships, earning credits, and earning crates. There are probably a few more, just been a very long time since I got them all and not something I pay attention to. Course not sure if those achievements would count towards mission requirements since most players earned them a while back and no one has checked. Seems they were pretty easy to get except the last crate one (think you needed to earn 500ish crates).

Members
1,484 posts
9,672 battles

Achievement called 'Easy mode' available in co-op only...sorry, just couldn't resist a jibe :Smile_glasses:

[PVE]
Members
8,700 posts
15,521 battles
41 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Actually there are several achievements that can be earned playing co-op. They generally deal with researching ships, earning credits, and earning crates. There are probably a few more, just been a very long time since I got them all and not something I pay attention to. Course not sure if those achievements would count towards mission requirements since most players earned them a while back and no one has checked. Seems they were pretty easy to get except the last crate one (think you needed to earn 500ish crates).

I don't believe the ones you talk of count though for the mission requirements. Yes, there are a lot of things called achievements that can be earned through Co-op play but again they don't count. They want the in battle achievements. That is why that 4 Goal Haul (squid) one counted.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,670 posts
20,668 battles
33 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

Achievement called 'Easy mode' available in co-op only...sorry, just couldn't resist a jibe :Smile_glasses:

Course not, have to come to expect that sort of thing from your ilk.

1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I don't believe the ones you talk of count though for the mission requirements. Yes, there are a lot of things called achievements that can be earned through Co-op play but again they don't count. They want the in battle achievements. That is why that 4 Goal Haul (squid) one counted.

Probably not, I was just pointing out that there were achievements. I think your use of "in battle" achievements is actually quite good and should be adopted by the people who write the mission requirements. It looks like Cthulhu hit it on the head about the "cut and paste" description and it does lead to a bit of confusion. 

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
914 posts
5,530 battles

I think at least one achievement should be allowed in coop and that's "Detonation". It's a bad luck achievement and I don't think it cheapens in anyway whether you earned it in PvP or coop. It just signifies in a Chris Tucker voice from the movie "Friday" "You got blowed the @#%& up man".

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
1,181 posts
2,399 battles
3 minutes ago, Mainerd said:

I think at least one achievement should be allowed in coop and that's "Detonation". It's a bad luck achievement and I don't think it cheapens in anyway whether you earned it in PvP or coop. It just signifies in a Chris Tucker voice from the movie "Friday" "You got blowed the @#%& up man".

Cant even get that in co-op.

[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles
4 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

You can get achievements in the other Operations. Dynamo is just easy in that you only have to kill 4 E-boats out of all the ones that attack.

[PVE]
Members
8,700 posts
15,521 battles
4 hours ago, Phasferous said:

So what Achievements can you get in Co-op? Last I had heard there are none and only can be earned in Random. Is this correct? If so why is the "Hero's Mark" mission for the RN event claim you can earn it in Co-op?

If anyone knows I'd appreciate some sort of info on this. Since I've been playing Co-op more then Random lately and not once has a single Achievement popped for me. Not even something like the Dreadnought one. Which can be done using most of the USN BBs. Or even Fireproof.

2018-12-12_0116.png

As others have already said there are none you can earn in Co-op that will count towards this currently. During the overlapping Ovechkin event we had the 4 Goal Haul (Squid) award that could be earned in Co-op and that counted towards these missions. I only recall one other time since I joined WOWS in Dec 2016 where we got PVP like awards in Co-op and as with the Squid it was short lived.

Here are some we have had that would probably qualify for a mission as an "achievement" (and some were very easy but at least took 1 Co-op to get)...

• Eat it, Toaster - Destroy 2 bots in 1 game using a T5-T6 ship (Co-op Only). This was part of the 2nd Anniversary event.
  • Foes Way Past Their Prime - Destroy 2 bots in 1 game using T3 St. Louis, T3 Nassau, or T3 Wakatake (Co-op Only). This was part of the 2nd Anniversary event.
  • Good Start - Win 1 Battle (PVP or Co-op). Part of 2016 Winter Marathon event
  • Aiming? Too Much Effort - Hit enemy ships 25X's w/ secondary guns (PVP or Co-op). Part of 2016 Winter Marathon event.
  • To The Bottom - Cause 5-10K damage to each ship class using torps (PVP and Co-op). Part of 2016 Winter Marathon event.

Those are the only "battle achievements" I am aware of that have been doable in Co-op. The 2016 Winter Marathon event had a few more but they were cumulative achievements and may or may not have qualified? They were more like the achievements for completing a collection or the one we got if we stayed loyal to one team during sharks vs eagles. They were...

• Feeling Good - Use 100 signals cumulatively (PVP and Co-op).
  • Break The Bank - Earn 2,017,000 credits cumulatively  (PVP and Co-op).
  • Tin Can - Open 17 containers/crates cumulatively  (PVP and Co-op).
  • An Epic Journey - Travel 2017km cumulatively (PVP and Co-op).
  • Hoarder 2016 - Collect all the achievements of the 2016 Winter Marathon event (PVP and Co-op).

So those are the only ones I know of and have done anyway for Co-op. Might be missing a few that took place early on when I started or prior to my start? Hasn't been many that is for sure.

Not too long back in some Dev Blog Q&A as I recall a comment was made that they wanted to add more achievements this year but ran out of time to do it. Nothing more was added/explained to the comment. Could those have FINALLY been some for Co-op? Who knows. Co-op is the only mode in the game where they don't have them which seems odd. It would be nice if they did add some for those of us who play there. The "Squid" was something everyone seemed to love getting in Co-op. Achievements for Co-op just add a little extra fun and something to try for just as they do in PVP and Op's. I don't see how they would hurt anything? People have been asking for them for well over a year in good numbers but just crickets in return. I hold out no hope we ever get them honestly but you never know.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,670 posts
20,668 battles
14 hours ago, Mainerd said:

Yeah the Detonation reward should be allowed in PvE, maybe with reduced flags. It is hardly an "achievement" to get detonated and it is just as annoying in co-op as it is in PvP... 

Sign in to follow this