Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Jean Bart new Favorite BB?

14 comments in this topic

Members
355 posts
7,279 battles

How many have gotten her and she is your new fav BB? Absolutely love her myself she does so much that is good it's a terror for enemy teams. I would but her and the Mass as equals at this point. 

P.S. Is her AA when fully upgraded the best AA for a BB in the game?

[DENY]
Members
707 posts
7,942 battles

Wait until you do a triple baguette , it whereThe fun is

Edited by dad003

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,484 posts
5,762 battles

Her AA is not the best BB AA in the game, but it's certainly really damn good for her tier. If you build her for it, she'll absolutely gobble planes (even without an AA build, it's still quite strong).

Edited by Fast_Battleship_Iowa

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,947 posts
9,134 battles
13 minutes ago, crazyferret23777 said:

How many have gotten her and she is your new fav BB? Absolutely love her myself she does so much that is good it's a terror for enemy teams. I would but her and the Mass as equals at this point. 

P.S. Is her AA when fully upgraded the best AA for a BB in the game?

being an owner of the Jean Bart the day it came to the game, i can tell you that, once you get used to her, she can become OP in your hands, especially when you know when to use that main battery reload booster

[SPTR]
Members
26,653 posts
12,953 battles

Best feeling with her is when you get broadside full heath BB that isn't hiding anywhere fast and you activate reload booster.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,947 posts
9,134 battles
Just now, Rolkatsuki said:

Best feeling with her is when you get broadside full heath BB that isn't hiding anywhere fast and you activate reload booster.

can confirm this 100%

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,503 posts
5,601 battles

I've only played 5 matches in mine so far. Not sure I could call it my favourite, but it's damn good. It waa totally worth using the 30% discount coupon on her.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,283 battles

It's decent.  The problem with it is the sheer amount of corridor maps they keep shoveling into the game due to the 380mm guns lack of overmatch.  It's hilarious any time you can legitimately flank people though.

[A-I-M]
Beta Testers
43 posts
8,377 battles
Spoiler

biggest issue ive had with bart so far is having t10 bbs aim and pop my main guns, they seem to take damage for more frequently then most of the other ships ive played. not sure if its just been quality players that know to knock them out or if its just been bad rng, even running the MAM1 i still have lost atleast 1 turret each game over the last 5-6 games and in 2 i had both destroyed within firt 2 minutes of enegagement of other bbs. 

[WOLF3]
Members
20,448 posts
18,810 battles

JB is a very fun BB.  I don't know about effectiveness, but she is very fun.

Anti-Aircraft?

Her AA is among the Best BB AA in the game... If you spec for it and give up ASM1 which this ship really leans hard on her Main Battery performance coupled with MBRB consumable.

Spoiler

Tier IX Jean Bart - With AFT + BFT, AAGM2 Upgrade installed.

Long Range AA (Manual AA buffs 85mm+ AA guns)

152mm 7.2km @ 30 DPS

100mm 7.2km @ 213 DPS

Medium Range AA

57mm 6.5km @ 428 DPS

The key to JB's AA is she starts swatting planes far away.  Her Medium Range AA is freaking ridiculous.

Tier X Montana - With AFT + BFT, AAGM2 Upgrade installed.  However, APRM2 in Slot 6 is installed to buff Main Battery Dispersion by 11%.

Long Range AA

127mm 7.5km @ 188 DPS

Medium Range AA

40mm 5.1km @ 382 DPS

Short Range AA

20mm (2 different sets) 2.9km @ 232 combined DPS

Best USN BB AA in the game, in a line with many high AA capabilities.

Tier X Republique - With AFT + BFT, AAGM2 Upgrade installed.  As with every other Tier IX-X Non-USN BB, taking AAGM2 means no SBM2 nor ASM1.  I never hear of anyone doing AA Spec Republique.  But these are her AA values since I merely swapped AAGM2 in place of my normal SBM2 on her for the sake of this thread.

Long Range AA

152mm 7.2km @ 40 DPS

127mm 7.5km @ 151 DPS

Medium Range AA

57mm 6.5km @ 367 DPS

Tier X Conqueror should have a ferocious AA suite also if specc'ed into it.  But as with Non-Tier IX-X USN BBs, it means taking AAGM2 and skipping out on typically desired upgrades such as SBM2, ASM1.  Conqueror's dispersion is actually pretty mediocre and she desperately needs ASM1.  Anything else and she gets very inaccurate.  A while back I had my Conqueror in Main Battery - Stealth - Survival Hybrid Build.  Then I did an AA - Stealth Hybrid Build.  The dispersion was so bad that I couldn't live with it.  I do MANY AA Builds on Non-USN BBs and this was the only one I switched out because the gun performance was so bad and inconsistent.  I would rather deal with AA Build Gneisenau dispersion in Tier VII than Conqueror with bad dispersion in a Tier X setting.

I want to say Tier X Bourgogne should be better, but again, as with JB, she has to slot AAGM2 and skip out on ASM1 for her guns.

On paper, with the same AA Builds as with other good AA BB candidates, Jean Bart's AA is either No 1 or No 2 in "Best Battleship AA in WoWS."  The reality is most will not do that with JB.  I believe most will have her using ASM1 to make the best of her guns that have access to MBRB consumable.  If not ASM1, then I see many doing Secondary Spec, even though her Secondary guns have bad arcs, where Alsace's arcs are better.

The reality is that Old Tier X Montana is the one with the Best BB AA in the game.  Because of the simple fact that APRM2 Upgrade to buff Main Battery Dispersion by 11% is in Slot 6 while AAGM2 to buff AA ranges is in Slot 3.  No USN BB can use ASM1 at all.  So, Tier IX-X USN BBs are the only ones in the entire game that can buff their Main Battery Dispersion while buffing their AA at the same time.  No other BB in the game can do this.

Spoiler

Except for Yamato, thanks to her Legendary in Slot 6 :Smile_hiding:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[TBOW]
Members
1,840 posts
12,498 battles

Jean Bart, AA Factor - personally I think only and AA spec'd Monty has better AA maybe the Conqueror.  Fun Factor - Very Fun, might only be 380mm guns, but you enemy shows broadside they still hit like a freight train, and the MBRB like others have said, just adds to it.  Being able to in a bad position be able to speedboost to shift it, wonderful!!!  It really to me a FUN BOTE.  It is my CV Fishing Division Bote for T9.

[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles

Can you imagine the chaos if they ever let her into the Hermes op? The surface combat is at relatively short ranges anyway because of the storm, so who needs ASM1... oh God, the slaughter would be glorious.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WOLFB]
Members
806 posts
26,641 battles

Yes, I love the Jean Bart. And while it is very strong.....good news, not nerfable as a premium. 

(If they ever nerf a premium, everyone knows it's game over!)

Sign in to follow this