You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bearen

DD captains need a stat shown

10 comments in this topic

[BTLST]
Members
145 posts
5,311 battles

So when you look up a player you see all their stats- damage done, kills made, dps dps dps...  DD captains need a stat shown that will tell the world that they are worthy team players...   ...CAPTURE POINT ribbons!  Can we please have WG add Capture point ribbons to the stats page?  DDs aren't just about kills or dps- we will never be able to compete with the Mushies of the world!  Our torps are great burst damage IF they hit!  But overall dps is very difficult to maintain as a dd captain.  We are more about scouting, spotting, and in a game where 100% of the games have capture points- we CAP!  

So in the statistics page we need a percentage of caps per match!  We need this proud stat shown for the world to see!  When other players try to match us up to dps and kill ratio, we will also be able to say "Whoa there buddy- don't you see my Point Capture statistics?  I cap 3.222 caps per match!  I am that sneaky dd that you can't find, but keeps the point capped for my team!"  Sure, my guns aren't as big as yours, and my dps is below 50k per match, but I CAP!!!  I am no KHAB or Haragumo!  I actually contribute to the team objectives!

So what about it WG- can you throw us dd's a bone?  Give us a stat we can proudly point to and say "I am a DD captain!"

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,484 posts
5,762 battles

Spotting damage stats would also be amazing...

Plus more rewards for doing spotting/scouting. Your team can't shoot what they can't see, reward the good spotters more WG, please!

• Cool 2

[KAPPA]
Members
1,007 posts
5,990 battles
7 minutes ago, Fast_Battleship_Iowa said:

Plus more rewards for doing spotting/scouting. Your team can't shoot what they can't see, reward the good spotters more WG, please!

Amen!

[SYN]
Members
3,456 posts
17,094 battles

Do you really care what some clown says in chat?

• Cool 1

Members
299 posts
6,894 battles

Would be nice to see more information about teammates after a match,but the snowflakes would start crying about "stats shaming" 

[-K-]
Members
6,453 posts
10,702 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Cirno said:

I prefer punishment.

DD Captains who avoid the caps should be sent to Gulag.

Gulag is of course located on the Islands of Ice map.

Funny thing.....played in a match last night with a Z-46 on our team that intentionally avoided the A cap in a Domination matchon the Atlantic map.  Two of us in BBs, plus a Seattle in full support right on the edge of the cap, just needing someone to scout.  He said he refuses to scout because he never gets support.  So he just lingered about 10km back of the cap aimlessly until a Gearing rushed him down, then proceeded to complain nobody supported him (even though he was at the I6 square nowhere near the cap).

I don't usually get worked up too much over poor play, but I would've reported this guy x1000 for poor play if I could have.

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles

What about win rate? DDs have better chance to carry a battle than BBs and crusiers. A well played DD has much more impact into the outcome of the battle. 

I would like to see spotting damage get more recognition from WG, as well as potential damage too. This ae both very important numbers that get little reward or recognition from both players and WG. 

[IXM]
Members
426 posts
2,236 battles

I'm in favor of this, since if I have a DD that can actually cap, I'm going to cap early and often if possible. Even if I'm in an Akizuki/Tashkent etc, I'll still cap when the time is right. I don't think everything should always be about damage, especially regarding DDs.