You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Riker_2

Shell arcs

2 comments in this topic

Members
35 posts
4,099 battles

Are the shells on the Iowa less float then on the North Carolina i am trying to figure out if  i want to go back to North Carolina to get the Iowa are the Guns on the Iowa better or the same.

[WOLF3]
Members
20,449 posts
18,810 battles
3 hours ago, Riker_2 said:

Are the shells on the Iowa less float then on the North Carolina i am trying to figure out if  i want to go back to North Carolina to get the Iowa are the Guns on the Iowa better or the same.

Yes, they float less than the Tier VIII USN BBs.  Slap on Artillery Plotting Room Mod 2 in Slot 6 (buff main battery dispersion by 11%).  You're in business.  Tier IX-X USN BBs are quite good at range, provided your aim is right.  They can do tricks at range that are very hard to pull off with the VIII USN BBs.  It's not that the VIII USN BB dispersion is bad (except Mass, she's awful), it's the floaty shells that make aiming problematic.

Montana at Tier X are the same 16"/50 guns on Iowa-class, but instead of 9, you get 12 of the d*mn things.  Monty is a very good blend on range, power, accuracy, and volume of fire.

As a Cruiser Main with tons of High Tier Cruisers, getting shot at by IX-X USN BBs, High Tier IJN BBs are the worst.  They have good accuracy at range.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway