13 comments in this topic

[ECOM]
Members
4 posts
6,765 battles

Hello Captains, 

I want to say it's been a ride these past 6 or so years playing wargaming products, and they always go down in quality (in my opinion) after 3 years they start catering to new players and abandoning the veterans.  They had a open discussion forum discussing the YouTube Ad of the year Award, and since I had seen the ad I figured I would put my professional opinion into the mix of comments. I may at times get aggravated at the direction the game is heading, and I get a bit verbal. (you wont find a saint here) After posting my comment (pic below) I never had any notifications...but I am not really one to look for engagement I said my piece and boogied out. I checked today only to find this a message.

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 2F173/K

I may not be the sharpest pencil to ever type on a keyboard, but I know the beefs and past oppsies that Wargaming have committed against it's contributors. (I am by no means a contributor) Is this censorship or did they just remove the thread from the forum, I could not find anything. 

P.S. SUBCRIBE TO PEWDIEPIE!

Screenshot (71).png

• Funny 1

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

I see this post going down the same path as the one about the "ad". 

(Wonder if the kids would have saved the "d" for later or used it twice in that post)

Edited by Capt_h2o
Spelling

[ECOM]
Members
4 posts
6,765 battles
11 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

I see this post going down the same path as the one about the "ad". 

(Wonder if the kids would have saved the "d" for later or used it twice in that post)

Not sure what you mean by that my dude? You mind explaining?

[5D]
Members
2,753 posts
16,634 battles

WG's forums are private therefore there is no censorship. There are rules that apply to all forums and  the thread most likely went into areas that were against forum rules and it got nuked instead of locked.

If you really want to know you should message a moderator directly.

• Cool 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,111 posts
8,357 battles
35 minutes ago, mastermegamind said:

If you cannot see what is wrong about your post, then we might question your wits. But you are obviously of brilliant intelligence. See forum EULA for details/

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/132269-forum-rules/

• Cool 2

Members
2,901 posts
6,012 battles
1 hour ago, mastermegamind said:

Hello Captains, 

I want to say it's been a ride these past 6 or so years playing wargaming products, and they always go down in quality (in my opinion) after 3 years they start catering to new players and abandoning the veterans.  They had a open discussion forum discussing the YouTube Ad of the year Award, and since I had seen the ad I figured I would put my professional opinion into the mix of comments. I may at times get aggravated at the direction the game is heading, and I get a bit verbal. (you wont find a saint here) After posting my comment (pic below) I never had any notifications...but I am not really one to look for engagement I said my piece and boogied out. I checked today only to find this a message.

I may not be the sharpest pencil to ever type on a keyboard, but I know the beefs and past oppsies that Wargaming have committed against it's contributors. (I am by no means a contributor) Is this censorship or did they just remove the thread from the forum, I could not find anything. 

Screenshot (71).png

Forums are governed by the moderator of any establishment and censorship is a necessary action to keep the topic civil and within company guidlines.   Even if a particular criticism is true..the moderator protecting the company can delete it and even delete the users who posted it if its vile enough.  It's best to post on other sites not directly connected to the company site if your going to vent UNLESS you don't mind meeting the punishment which will surely come.  It's your call but thats the reality of these things.  WG makes the rules as its their forum.  Simple as that.  AS for the game frustration..sometimes it good to get away for a while and come back later.  You nay get a renewed and fresh experience after a short absence...then again maybe not. But I think its good to take a short break and regroup.   Anyways the Holidays are soon ariving.... Best to you! 

Members
686 posts
5,656 battles
2 hours ago, mastermegamind said:

Hello Captains, 

Screenshot (71).png

Would you actually be surprised that a company that has an auto chat ban script that auto flags users for stuff as tame as "garbage", "sucks", or "stupid" (which slams you with a 3 day ban), and has a rule about discussing moderation actions and rules, would actively censor and hide content?

Yeah I see this thread lasting a really long time.

PS WG, your auto chat ban system actually is garbage and doesn't solve anything. Remove it.

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
2 hours ago, mastermegamind said:

7 years in marketing and you can't even see it? 

When you add a d to ad you get add, like I said, should have saved those D's 

And I got in twice before the lock!

• Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
4,171 posts
15,285 battles
3 hours ago, mastermegamind said:

they always go down in quality (in my opinion) after 3 years they start catering to new players and abandoning the veterans. 

After reading your post over and over again. It was a biased opinion not based on anything concrete. I understand you mentioned it was your opinion, however,  why did you have to point out the uneducated/the physically handicapped  among us ?

It just gave a very bad impression the way it was communicated, to use the people you think WOWS is trying reach to articulate a biased opinion  based on nothing solid. It really did not help to prove your argument.

Not everyone who plays the game is in perfect health. Therefore your post is divisive/borderline insulting. That is how I saw your post, as articulate of a guy you say you are. I think you can come up with better ways to argue your points.

Take care

GL/HF

Community Department
2,682 posts
779 battles
12 hours ago, mastermegamind said:

Hello Captains, 

Screenshot (71).png

I've seen some familiar ideas about abandoning the veterans of our games but it's not true. Still it always goes with a lot of non constructiveness.
If you have some hidden messages, please contact support. It's the only way to receive a reason. It's forbidden to discuss here due to our Forum Rules.
Also there may be reasons why you didn't receive a warning or anything with notes. Because in some rare cases it may not be sent. 
I need to lock this topic.