Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mothermoy

Best most efficient way to level up my captains.

14 comments in this topic

[OBS]
Members
189 posts
747 battles

Title says it. I have the camos I need. Are randoms the best. Keep in mind I play late nights so 85 percent of my games are in tier ten in my Bart or musashi which I am a 60k average damae bb player...

Edited by Mothermoy

[HINON]
Supertester
20,949 posts
14,557 battles

Randoms, stack flags + camos, farm wins on your premiums, play well.

• Cool 2

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
334 posts
4,310 battles

Ops can yield good xp too if you learn the strategy and farm them. I use 19 pt commanders to get elite xp from them and free xp too

• Cool 2

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,484 posts
5,762 battles

If you have a 19-point captain slap him on a ship you enjoy (preferably premium) and spam flags and camos for commander XP that can be used on anybody. Otherwise you're doing it right just by grinding out randoms in higher tier premiums with proper flags and camos.

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,793 posts
3,975 battles

If you don't have a 19pt Captain: Play events where you're given temporary 19pt captains. Such as the Halloween events, and stack XP flags when possible and use Premium time. Just keep playing and you'll build up a stack of CXP easy.

If you do have a 19pt Captain: Play them regularly on either a high tier ship with Permacamo + XP Flags + Premium Time, or your preferred Premiums (rotate the captain through every Premium you can) with XP Flags + Premium time. They'll also build up CXP that way too. 

If you have multiple 19pt Captains: Play them regularly, in high tiers and/or Premiums, with XP Flags + Premium Time (+ Permacamo if it's non-Premium T8+ ships).

19pt Captains have any XP gains they get insta-converted into CXP that can be used to train any lesser Captain. CXP is used up first, followed by Free XP, when adding XP to a Captain. Because of this, using any 19pt Captains available, even temporarily, generates CXP, and CXP is more valuable than FXP simply as it's converted instantly, whereas FXP requires Doubloons to convert or requires more grinding of it.

[WSU]
Members
154 posts
7,792 battles

Premium account, clan bonuses, flags.... run in clan wars. You can get 60k Capt xp in 1 win. Rinse and repeat with same Capt over and over till he's 19pt. Do it again with a 2nd Capt. Now play those over and over, building free Capt xp.  You do this enough and you can simply buy a 19pt Capt when you need it.

Just my .02

[PROJX]
Members
1,029 posts
19,253 battles
56 minutes ago, Mothermoy said:

Title says it. I have the camos I need. Are randoms the best. Keep in mind I play late nights so 85 percent of my games are in tier ten in my Bart or musashi which I am a 60k average damae bb player...

Here you go Mothermoy - good luck!

[CRMSN]
Members
8,255 posts
8,702 battles

All the replies are good ones. OPS are a really good way to build commanders up quickly. Also, if you have the free XP to spare(Not Elite commander XP), you can use that to bump captains up, as well. Once you get up to 19 points on one, they tend to come much faster. I got my first 19 pointer(Because all the ships and all the captains are belong to me) about last Feb, now I have 11 19 pointers.

[RLGN]
Members
10,651 posts
19,815 battles
51 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

All the replies are good ones. OPS are a really good way to build commanders up quickly. Also, if you have the free XP to spare(Not Elite commander XP), you can use that to bump captains up, as well. Once you get up to 19 points on one, they tend to come much faster. I got my first 19 pointer(Because all the ships and all the captains are belong to me) about last Feb, now I have 11 19 pointers.

Thing is; I have 10-15 19 pointers (including one for ARP,) and about 2mil elite xp, and haven’t wanted to make any more...

...haven’t seen the need to. Maybe I’ll do a Commonwealth, PA, and my Blys driver; but haven’t wanted to make any more.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[WOLF3]
Members
20,303 posts
18,624 battles

PVE Operations, Randoms.  Any form of PVP but I'm loathe to recommend grinding a new captain through Ranked / Clan Battles because people bring out their best there.  Of course, people throw in 19pt Captains in and farm Elite Captain XPs.

Any form of play is valid to grind Captain XPs except regular Co-op.  I didn't lump Operations in there, those have good payouts, but regular Co-op is the biggest waste of time in terms of rewards you can get in this game.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SUPRS]
Members
559 posts
3,080 battles

randoms at night are fubar. you are toast. having said that, the best way to level up captains is to get a 19 point captain in a tier 10 ship (NOT the moosushi) and play the hell out of it. I do not have any 19 point captains and am not likely to any time soon. watch out for seal clubbers which is practically everyone. pleb.

[ARGSY]
Members
11,727 posts
7,526 battles

Farm Twilight mode until you're sick of it while it's still here. All the captains are 19 pointers and will generate elite captain XP with every battle, win, lose or draw. When you get sick of it, take your highest captain in the nation in which you have the most premiums and rotate him through them all, farming first-win bonuses. Then go back to Twilight mode. Adjust method as necessary for gameplay time restrictions.

[CRMSN]
Members
8,255 posts
8,702 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Thing is; I have 10-15 19 pointers (including one for ARP,) and about 2mil elite xp, and haven’t wanted to make any more...

...haven’t seen the need to. Maybe I’ll do a Commonwealth, PA, and my Blys driver; but haven’t wanted to make any more.

Oh, I still need a bunch lol, my goal is to have all 19 pointers. No real reason, but hey, a goal is a goal, right?

Sign in to follow this