You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ka_Master27

Lenovo Laptop can plays decently?

12 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
185 battles

Okay, So I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 pro and i'm not sure if it will run World Of Warships decently. I got it passed down from family. So I have no idea what specs it has. Accept for it has an I7 CPU, 4GB of ram, And 128GB of storage. Can anyone help?

[XBRTC]
Members
2,774 posts
8,843 battles
33 minutes ago, Ka_Master27 said:

Okay, So I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 pro and i'm not sure if it will run World Of Warships decently. I got it passed down from family. So I have no idea what specs it has. Accept for it has an I7 CPU, 4GB of ram, And 128GB of storage. Can anyone help?

It's going to need about 60 GB free just to install the game in the first place.

[WOLF6]
Members
338 posts
2,773 battles

Unfortunately, intel's naming conventions are useless.  i7 is a marketing term that is basically meaningless.  The 4GB of Ram and 128 storage are pretty small.  4GB is bare minimum to run win10 or the game, and the game takes up to 40GB of space.  Make sure your OS is 64 bit windows; WOWs crashes 32 bit windows due to RAM starvation, regardless of how much your system has.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenovo_Yoga_2_Pro#Specifications

It has a Haswell generation cpu/gpu.  That integrated GPU is the limiting factor.  It will run the game, but you will have to keep your graphics settings to medium or low, and turn off most post processing.

[ABCD3]
Members
227 posts
6,329 battles

Should be decent enough to play on it.  May want to up the RAM and HDD though.

I have a personal Thinkpad I use for work when out of town.   i5, 8GB RAM and 480 SSD.   Works well when I need to play a game or two.  

[WORX]
Members
4,165 posts
15,256 battles
1 hour ago, Ka_Master27 said:

Accept for it has an I7 CPU, 4GB of ram, And 128GB of storage. Can anyone help?

I7 is a good CPU,

Ram is a bit on the low side IMO

Storage is Decent.

Now the GPU or the Graphics card Power Unit should be your next important stat I recommend a GeoForce GTX1070.

Even with a 1060 your good for a few years from now. 1050 your time is ticking and its almost up IMO. 

With the above specs, you should be able to play WOWS on the top ultra settings with 30-45 FPS. Which is decent. 

*REMINDER*

WOWS in port is a GPU hog, but in battle its decent %50 CPU and %50 GPU usage in battle. IN port your GPU will be working overtime. Other then that, I think your fine even at medium settings.

GL

Edited by Navalpride33

Members
218 posts
2,116 battles
12 minutes ago, RickPatton said:

I have a personal Thinkpad I use for work when out of town.   i5, 8GB RAM and 480 SSD.   Works well when I need to play a game or two.  

Like, a simple, normal ThinkPad?

I'm no computer expert but I've never thought a ThinkPad was the best for gaming. But now that I hear this, I think I might go pick myself up one, since I don't have a laptop currently.

[WOLFG]
Members
5,227 posts
3,049 battles
44 minutes ago, RickPatton said:

What speed does the CPU run on your thinkpad, and what graphics card does it have?

We get thinkpads at work, and I can get a discount on them for a personal computer.

[WOLF9]
Members
9,370 posts
4,243 battles
1 hour ago, ZoomieG said:

It will run the game, but you will have to keep your graphics settings to medium or low, and turn off most post processing.

True enough, but the game is quite playable at low res settings.

58 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

t I recommend a GeoForce GTX1070.

Don't be silly.  It's a LAPTOP.

2 hours ago, Ka_Master27 said:

What O/S?  Win7 minimum.

If you can free about 40 GB for the install (it will use about 25GB), try it.  If it works it works.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
211 posts
5,476 battles
2 hours ago, Ka_Master27 said:

As others have said, I'd recommend upping the RAM.

I'm assuming the 128 is a SSD? If so, good. Running WoWs on a HDD sucks, it takes forever to load into battle, even with a good internet connection.

[WOLF6]
Members
338 posts
2,773 battles
3 hours ago, 457th_FighterGroup said:

I'm no computer expert but I've never thought a ThinkPad was the best for gaming. But now that I hear this, I think I might go pick myself up one, since I don't have a laptop currently.

I've been playing on a Thinkpad x260 for about a year.  It probably wouldn't run Crysis, but for WoWs, it works fine at medium settings.

A 70 or 80 series would probably be even better, but used/refurb skylake thinkpad (T560/T460/x260) can be had for a bit less.

Make sure to get one with the high end screen (1080p IPS or higher).  The TN screens are pretty bad, I've heard.

• Cool 1

[N-W-T]
Members
1,517 posts
6,320 battles
5 hours ago, 457th_FighterGroup said:

There's nothing special about a "thinkpad".  Different models have basically the same specs as similarly priced laptops.  It's very much a commoditized market.  Lenovo's gaming laptops are branded under the "Legion"  label.  The difference between a generic laptop and gaming laptop is the video card, but WOWS isn't especially demanding on the graphics card, so it will probably run fine.