You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BeefyMetal

XBOX Controller for WoWs PC

6 comments in this topic

[-DZ-]
Members
602 posts
27,384 battles
3 hours ago, BeefyMetal said:

Can you please bring support for XBOX controller, on the PC version of World of Warships. TY!

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/xinput/xinput-game-controller-apis-portal

Id second that.....with wows: legends coming,  I'm sure WG might add a controller support for a wide margin of controllers....I played wows with a 360 controller, and with a chatpad as well.  

The software I use is controller companion. 

[SOFOP]
Members
95 posts
11,909 battles
On 12/11/2018 at 10:01 PM, Submarine_M1 said:

Id second that.....with wows: legends coming,  I'm sure WG might add a controller support for a wide margin of controllers....I played wows with a 360 controller, and with a chatpad as well.  

The software I use is controller companion. 

I don't use steam, does it work with regular games on windows? I need a good mouse and keyboard emulator, for game pad. While the XBOX controller works on Windows, the game has to also support game pads. WoWs does not.

For them to bring native XBOX controller support to WoWS PC wouldn't be that hard, because both Windows and XBOX use the XINPUT API.

• Cool 1

[-DZ-]
Members
602 posts
27,384 battles
1 minute ago, BeefyMetal said:

I don't use steam, does it work with regular games on windows? I need a good mouse and keyboard emulator, for game pad. While the XBOX controller works on Windows, the game has to also support game pads. WoWs does not.

For them to bring native XBOX controller support to WoWS PC wouldn't be that hard, because both Windows and XBOX use the XINPUT API.

Yes, and the info is on http://controllercompanion.com/

[SOFOP]
Members
95 posts
11,909 battles
1 minute ago, Submarine_M1 said:

Yes, and the info is on http://controllercompanion.com/

Okay I will have to take the dive and pay the big $3 for it. :cap_fainting:It would just be nice to use a big screen TV and play with a controller from the couch. IMO PS4 and XBOX controllers are better than the crappy PC ones.

WG it would nice if I didn't have to use a "shim" to use a controller for WoWs.

• Cool 1

[-DZ-]
Members
602 posts
27,384 battles
Just now, BeefyMetal said:

Okay I will have to take the dive and pay the big $3 for it. :cap_fainting:It would just be nice to use a big screen TV and play with a controller from the couch. IMO PS4 and XBOX controllers are better than the crappy PC ones.

WG it would nice if I didn't have to use a "shim" to use a controller for WoWs.

With the software,  you can also use a chatpad on the controller,  if you so wish...but you will need an adaptor for that....