You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
sulghunter331

Is the Kronshtadt Worth the gold for 150K EXP?

30 comments in this topic

[NVRDY]
Beta Testers
928 posts
7,888 battles

As it says on the tin, wondering whether I should spend the simoleons for the gold to convert 150K exp. Heard that the Kron's going the way of the Mighty Mo, and I am worried that I may not have the time to grind out the free exp for her normally.

[SIM]
Members
3,756 posts
6,229 battles

If you think that you’d ever want a big Russian battlecruiser, and Stalingrad’s off of the table, then yes. Otherwise? I find it to be a boring ship with only middling effectiveness against targets that are paying attention and/or know how to play the game. You can’t overmatch anything, and your HE is meh. You’ll take deep bites of side on targets...and that’s about it.

[WORX]
Members
4,185 posts
15,297 battles

ITs worth it to not get it in the Santa boxes again. IT all depends on your play style.

For me its not worth it, I rather wait for other ships that fit my play style.

[-AGW-]
Members
819 posts
11,406 battles

FWIW no matter how good the ship is on paper it still requires significant effort to get good in it.

[HYDRO]
Members
3,192 posts
4,791 battles

It will be a month or so before Kron is pulled. You may be able to even get the 150k Free XP through grinding, or at least make the conversion amount smaller.

• Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
2,775 posts
8,857 battles

I like it quite well, but you still have time to build up more FXP and not have to pay quite so much. Up to you, though- your money, spend it how you like.

[FTH]
Members
999 posts
14,125 battles

That and may wait and see if they do another 35-1 for New Years like they did last year (or was that technically this year?)

[BUOY]
Members
354 posts
9,698 battles
43 minutes ago, sulghunter331 said:

As it says on the tin, wondering whether I should spend the simoleons for the gold to convert 150K exp. Heard that the Kron's going the way of the Mighty Mo, and I am worried that I may not have the time to grind out the free exp for her normally.

You still have over a month to build up FXP since the Xmas event will be 5 weeks long and I'd bet dollars to donuts they'll be having a 1:35 conversion sale before they take the Mushy and Kron off the market,  so I'd hold off spending the doubloons now if unless you really want the Kron right now.

FWIW I've enjoyed the games I've played in the Kron, the ship is honestly one of the best for grinding missions in co-op since she's fast, hits hard consistently, has decent reload and the bots don't know how to aim for weak spots.

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,250 posts
12,059 battles

What came from previous year, WoWs did have a sale on port slot with 75% off and the conversion of 35 FXP instead of the normal 25.

So you should wait toward end of year and save more on your conversion

Edit: try to get the Musashi as well, she is the 2nd to the MO in credit printing

Edited by ObiphanKenobi

[MEATS]
Supertester, Beta Testers
223 posts
3,152 battles
45 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

It will be a month or so before Kron is pulled. You may be able to even get the 150k Free XP through grinding, or at least make the conversion amount smaller.

Yeah, you've got a bit of time left. Why blow cash if you don't have to?

As far as "is it worth it" goes, I rather like mine (although it's been awhile since I've played it). 

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles
1 hour ago, sulghunter331 said:

Kron is a great ship, really worth. If that ship fits your playstyle only you can say. 

Alpha Tester
165 posts
6,600 battles

I like mine. But as others have said it has to fit your playstyle - and you have to a have a sense of humor about not cit'ing a broadside at 8 km....cause it's the Kron.

Tough as hell and if you know when to be  'that aggressive charger because all you BB's are sitting back' you can and will turn the tide of battle.

[NVRDY]
Beta Testers
928 posts
7,888 battles

Thanks for the advice, I was just worried that I may not have the time, but I think I may be able to manage it in a month.

20 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Edit: try to get the Musashi as well, she is the 2nd to the MO in credit printing

I already have the Musashi, and I thoroughly enjoy her.

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,250 posts
12,059 battles
8 minutes ago, sulghunter331 said:

Musashi

Another options is the Salem, she had the cost of pre battle reduced and further with clan building. With those calculated, she is the 3rd of credit making (all the credit making signals+perm camo)

Members
734 posts
62 battles
20 hours ago, lloyd1701 said:

You still have over a month to build up FXP since the Xmas event will be 5 weeks long and I'd bet dollars to donuts they'll be having a 1:35 conversion sale before they take the Mushy and Kron off the market,  so I'd hold off spending the doubloons now if unless you really want the Kron right now.

FWIW I've enjoyed the games I've played in the Kron, the ship is honestly one of the best for grinding missions in co-op since she's fast, hits hard consistently, has decent reload and the bots don't know how to aim for weak spots.

Wait - didn’t they say Kronstadt will be gone with 8.12? 

That’ll be next week no?

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,585 posts
21 hours ago, sulghunter331 said:

Not worth it.  Mine sits in port most of the time.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,584 posts
33,349 battles
15 minutes ago, lron_Dog_of_Jutland said:

Wait - didn’t they say Kronstadt will be gone with 8.12? 

That’ll be next week no?

Next month at the soonest.

[SYN]
Members
15,332 posts
12,337 battles

it's not very tanky, but it can citadel broadside BBs out to 20km

It's only worth it, if CB ends up being T9 with only 1BB allowed.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,199 posts
11,631 battles
22 hours ago, sulghunter331 said:

Keep grinding until we get closer to the removal time. Then make the jump at a much reduced price or free. Having said that if you are only 150k away then you are all ready pretty close. That would be cheap enough for me to do it.

[WOLF3]
Members
20,342 posts
18,644 battles
On 12/11/2018 at 5:39 PM, ObiphanKenobi said:

She's a godd*mn Tier X BB masquerading in Tier IX! :Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
8,719 posts
15,549 battles
12 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

Not worth it.  Mine sits in port most of the time.

That's my opinion as well. For me it was a huge waste of 750K FXP and I n longer play it (too frustrating with such wonky and unreliable guns).

[INTEL]
Members
1,676 posts
10,972 battles

If I didn't have it, I'd wait and not use doubloons.  I expect this ship will be available again in some form as it's not in high demand.