Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

should I step up to T6 or wait until CV rework goes live?

10 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
2,806 posts
8,294 battles

I play CV occasionally in Co-ops waiting to see what the rework actually brings. I understand they plan to skip every other tier. WG was rather generous with the split in the US cruiser line. Having the right tiered CV may be an asset.

Beta Testers
533 posts
10,998 battles

My understating of the CV tier rework is that if you have an odd tiered CV it will drop to the next lowest tier, ie T5 goes to T4, etc. Nothing goes up a tier. All XP you have on the odd tier CV will transfer to lower CV.

Hope that helps. There is an article on the website about it.

[RLGN]
Members
10,641 posts
19,797 battles
15 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I play CV occasionally in Co-ops waiting to see what the rework actually brings. I understand they plan to skip every other tier. WG was rather generous with the split in the US cruiser line. Having the right tiered CV may be an asset.

Based on what you said at the end; then yes. Based on the fact there will be a change at all, then no. No sense in grind a line that will change so much.

I’d stay in Co-op in either case. No sense in suffering getting murdered by Strafe in Randoms; especially since the mechanic will be going away.

(4K+ games in carriers, been in all three rework tests so far.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Members
528 posts
6,439 battles

I bought Independence during the US ships sale, but I have yet to take her out, even co-op.  I do want to at least get through Zuiho also to get Ryujo.  Based on what I have seen so far I don't think I really care for the rework.  I do wish I had tried out CVs earlier, I kind of like them.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,484 posts
5,762 battles

There's never been a better time to grind CVs, even with the impending changes and removal of the odd-tiered ships.

WG is offering a 100% refund of all XP and credits sunk into CVs, meaning that, if you grind all the way to tier X, you'll get all of that XP converted into free XP if you want. That is an astronomical amount of free XP that you can use to either go back down the CV lines, or to use as you please.

EDIT: Did some quick calculations, if you go from the Langley to the Midway, you're looking at at least 680,000 free XP.

Edited by Fast_Battleship_Iowa
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
4,165 posts
15,256 battles
38 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

^^^ Looking at what is the tier 6 CV. The Ranger... IF I were you free XP it, its like the Izumo the Ranger is like the black sheep of the CV family.

As far as grinding the CV line if you like it go for it.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,026 posts
4,848 battles
27 minutes ago, Fast_Battleship_Iowa said:

There's never been a better time to grind CVs, even with the impending changes and removal of the odd-tiered ships.

WG is offering a 100% refund of all XP and credits sunk into CVs, meaning that, if you grind all the way to tier X, you'll get all of that XP converted into free XP if you want. That is an astronomical amount of free XP that you can use to either go back down the CV lines, or to use as you please.

Excellent, I need free XP for things like....Alaska. 

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,484 posts
5,762 battles
11 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Excellent, I need free XP for things like....Alaska. 

Did some fast calculations, if you went all the way down the USN carrier line you can get over 684,000 free XP back if you refund with the rework.

Edited by Fast_Battleship_Iowa

[RLGN]
Members
719 posts
5,740 battles

Unless you're planning to basically grind for FXP I'd probably wait until the rework comes, which should be within a few months now.  I basically docked my carriers when they made it clear an actual rework was coming before we even got the first vids.  Looking forward to it after taking part in the TST.

Sign in to follow this