You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wojorides

Un-Nerf the Super Containers

35 comments in this topic

[POTW]
Members
5 posts
9,611 battles

When they first came out, it was a wow now its a meh.    Is there ANYTHING is there that compares to what there use to be?  Upgrades, meh.  14 days of premium (best thing I've seen in a super crate in 2 years and it aint that special. 

• Funny 1

[NDA]
Supertester
5,206 posts
15,565 battles

Considering they removed those mostly useless "Special Mods" from the Super Container prize pool, I'd say they buffed SCs. 

:cap_cool:

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,330 posts
10,894 battles
7 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Considering they removed those mostly useless "Special Mods" from the Super Container prize pool, I'd say they buffed SCs. 

:cap_cool:

I have 5 of the useless damage control ones and 2 of the DefAA ones. Never got any of the useful ones from SC.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,396 posts
9,401 battles

The last 3 I got were actually pretty good.  7 Premium Days, 1k Doubloons and 25 Red Dragon flags. 

Considering how the crates have been nerfed, it's an improvement I'd say.  Still waiting for a ship though.

[WAG]
Members
762 posts
10,014 battles

I started playing before containers and super containers. Wargaming is giving us free stuff, so much more so then when I started. Why all the complaints?

• Cool 2

Members
828 posts
6,367 battles

i think the problem with SCs is that it's not personalized enough. 

some players have to many signals/camos that they will find these to be completely useless - such as myself

other players new to the game and still leveling their ships may want these. 

i think the best way to fix SC is to give the players the options to choose what kind of drops are more preferred over others, then everyone is happy and get something useful. afterall if a player gets a rare drop, you should aim to delight the customer, instead of having him become upset with something they consider useless.

Members
623 posts
7,304 battles
47 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

What is this super container you speak of?

I think Napoleon found one in Egypt. 

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,682 posts
6,777 battles

I remember the old un-nerfed ones, man those were great. Ditto old Santa gifts

3 hours ago, Wojorides said:

14 days of premium 

I only got 7 days of premium in mine last night. :Smile_hiding:

Of course, having said all that, I also remember what we had in place prior to containers so I'm not going to complain about what we have now!

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,199 posts
11,631 battles

Picked up 100 flags last week, and 1500 steel a couple nights ago

[ARGSY]
Members
1,816 posts
11,682 battles

Man, nothing like a thread complaining about free stuff. NEVER CHANGE, FORUM! NEVER CHANGE YOU BIG, BEAUTIFUL B******!!

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
719 posts
5,740 battles

Of the less than half dozen SCs I've ever gotten only one had something really useful (usually it's like a cluster of speed flags, like my last one).  Even in that case it wasn't useful to me - right when I bought the HSF Graf Spee I got the regular one like a week later, my first SC in about a year at the time I got it.

[KRAK]
Members
2,676 posts
17,346 battles
6 hours ago, Wojorides said:

When they first came out, it was a wow now its a meh.    Is there ANYTHING is there that compares to what there use to be?  Upgrades, meh.  14 days of premium (best thing I've seen in a super crate in 2 years and it aint that special. 

I have gotten 1000 doubloons and 500 doubloons in my last 3 SC the third was some flags I don't even use.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts

The 'issue' is that the same people who make threads like this are the ones who rage about Santa crates.  In their eyes, if it's not a ship in the container, it's trash.  So they rage.

[RLGN]
Members
719 posts
5,740 battles
3 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

The 'issue' is that the same people who make threads like this are the ones who rage about Santa crates.  In their eyes, if it's not a ship in the container, it's trash.  So they rage.

Please don't misrepresent this issue.  While I am sure there are a few people like that, most people complaining about Black Friday or Santa crates are complaining about the fact that this game, like many others, takes advantage of legal wording not keeping pace with technology to have unregulated gambling.  Supercontainers do not qualify as that,  I don't mind random rewards.  The fact I've had bad luck doesn't even mean I think the container system should go, once I stopped picking "try your luck" I grew to love containers way more than the old daily missions.

• Boring 1

[SUPRS]
Members
559 posts
3,082 battles

always get credits. sometimes you get a supercontainer anyway. usually you get some credits and some free xp. when missoura comes back, i'll be almost ready.

[RLGN]
Members
719 posts
5,740 battles
40 minutes ago, 44_percenter said:

always get credits. sometimes you get a supercontainer anyway. usually you get some credits and some free xp. when missoura comes back, i'll be almost ready.

I typically get coal.  Before that I'd get signals usually.  Credit containers just don't give enough to justify it in my opinion.  50k credits will basically buy two premium consumables and you'll get more than that in consumables crates.  That said to each his own, but I wouldn't count on Missouri ever coming back.