You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

What is your Role in Clan Battles and do you enjoy it?

21 comments in this topic

[-BRS-]
Members
1,586 posts
16,453 battles

For me when CB rolls around normally my Defined Role is in a Cruiser  like the DesMoines or Wooster even Moskva sometimes.

This season my Role has been a bit different as I have played the Cruiser, DD and some BB.

If someone was to ask me which of the 3 I have enjoyed the most I would have to say right now the DD role.

Providing vision and smoke for my team all while avoiding Radar and trying to get the cap all while avoiding the focus of the  entire enemy team is the most challenging role i have been put in but most enjoyable.

There are times in which I know the decision for me to be in a bad spot is gonna get me REKT,  but instead of always saying I cant do that or I am not gonna do that.

I have learned to just make slight adjustments to the order I was given on the fly that only I can recognize.

But no matter the type of ship I am playing during a CB session my Ultimate Role is to identify an opportunity or weakness and take advantage of it or make it possible for a teammate to take advantage of a enemy ship that I was able to get out of position even if for just a second or two.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,803 posts
8,884 battles

Previous seasons I've been the annoying jerk in the khab that harassed and delayed at one cap while my clanmates went to the other one in force, but that wasn't working so well this season for some reason. These days I'm mostly driving Moskva in clan battles. It's been working out pretty well.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

I usually play the kite / harassing CA (Zao / Hinden), been wanting to branch out but CA is my strongest class. I might give Mos a try, maybe DD, but don't think I am nearly good enough for BB play. I enjoy burning down DM / Mos / Stalins and helping support my DD and of course getting some juicy Zao torp hits.

[SYN]
Members
7,417 posts
12,561 battles

In the past, I played mostly Hindenburg/Moskva and called the game. Also played Yueyang also trying to call and that was a nightmare lol. Recently I have been trying to get others to call more and have been playing DDs more. Really enjoying it.

[OO7]
Members
4,830 posts
11,574 battles

I've played a variety of ships this season. 

Mostly flank cruisers. Zao and Henri

Have also played Worcester and Des Moines. I think I've played a different ship every night I've played. 

In the 3 cb seasons before that, I played in a different clan and called for most of the games and played bb in them. BB is not my best class, so I am happy to be playing some cruisers now. 

[-VT3-]
Members
1,849 posts
3,584 battles

My role is to play other games until CB season ends, because it makes it impossible for me to pull a regular division from my clan.

• Funny 2

[SFBG]
Members
1,602 posts
8,485 battles

We're a casual/social clan so anybody that shows up can play what they want...   That said, we usually play to our strengths, so we try not to use rentals, and try for everybody to have 19-point captains.

So, we have two or three guys who always run DDs, and we have a few guys who only own Tier ten BBs, so they usually run those.

That usually leaves me and a few others to Crusier duty, especially in that I have a collection of them..  Lately, I have been running my Henri IV, unless we are in need of more Radar botes... Then it's the Rooster, or DesMoines.

We try to always have at least two with radar.

On the off chance that I run a DD, I like the gunboat style of the Z-52, and for BB I like my Republique.  (I might change my mind when I get John Doe on-board the Montana up to 19 points)

[-MM-]
Members
251 posts
17,420 battles

Scrape goat

8 citadel hits and 150k damage? 

"Mong of the Day" for firing while below 5k hp when the game was clearly over.

NotLikeThis

• Funny 1

[MIA-E]
Beta Testers
1,166 posts
11,104 battles

My clan has me on Moskva more often than not.  Playing the "anchor" is not the most exciting but, I'm usually used, as the fill in x ship, because I have all the 10's (except Daring).  Our Alpha team is toying with  4 Harugomos strat.   I can do that too.  In past seasons Ive been used in Hindenburg (fun) and Gearing (more fun).

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
533 posts
22,719 battles

Battleship Captain Most of time. Montana and Yamato.

But I also run the Des Moines, Henry, and Worcester. 

"and when I see Gunstar I always say hi"  =)

[-BRS-]
Members
1,586 posts
16,453 battles
7 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

Battleship Captain Most of time. Montana and Yamato.

But I also run the Des Moines, Henry, and Worcester. 

"and when I see Gunstar I always say hi"  =)

Yeah and sometimes when you say HI my reload time gets slightly improved bahaha.

• Funny 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,424 posts
14,757 battles

I keep that bench toasty warm. Thanks, RL!

Spoiler

Cruiser when I actually get to play. Flank, ambush, kite, island hug, all of the above at once!

[KSD]
Members
933 posts
5,798 battles

I generally play DM and my role is that of the agressor and keep together a push. I dont mind taking damage for my team,as I need to push to provide radar cover.

My team always backs me up,sometimes crap happens and we lose a battle, but thats the clan battles. Not every strategy works every time.

Also, i am a good enough player and my clan gave me the responsibility to give on the shot calls if some crap does indeed happen.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,586 posts
16,453 battles

I know a lot of teams have Stalins in the lineups.

I wonder how much those guys like playing that ship.

Being under constant fire from Henrys, Worcesters and everything else has got to be so much joy lol.

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles

First time trying out clan battles.  I'm the Gearing, so far.

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
533 posts
22,719 battles
1 hour ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

I know a lot of teams have Stalins in the lineups.

I wonder how much those guys like playing that ship.

Being under constant fire from Henrys, Worcesters and everything else has got to be so much joy lol.

We played a battle the other day where a team brought 3 of them. I burned 2 of them to dust with my Henry sitting about 21km away!

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,714 posts
11,758 battles

I have 2 key roles:

1. Run aground in Henri
  2. Complain about Stalingrad
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PRNA]
Members
312 posts
4,265 battles

Sometimes I Yueyang, other times I Yueyang. Every once in a while they tell me to play Yueyang, but only if I'm not playing Yueyang.

Its not an uncomfortable position, but Yueyang its Yueyang. Yueyang? Yueyang.

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
10,308 posts
28,819 battles

I play the BB. I sometimes call. I do not like CB -- really enjoy the 7v7 format, but don't like the arguments and recriminations that often occur during and after battles.