Wombatmetal

Video Editing Software

13 comments in this topic

[NMKJT]
Members
3,729 posts

Hi Captains,

I have a request at work for some video editing software. They just want basic stuff, join two videos together.

Any suggestions for one that's good and easy to use?

Alpha Tester
5,944 posts
2,876 battles

Adobe Premiere Pro. It's easy to learn and it's used by professionals in pretty much any field where video editing is needed.

• Cool 2

[XBRTC]
Members
2,803 posts
8,882 battles

I use Vegas Pro 16 Edit at home, but it's not nearly as intuitive as Premiere Pro. It did, however, have the significant advantage of being a lot cheaper.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,445 posts
11,347 battles

Microsoft Movie Maker 10, it is pretty basic but you can't beat the price of free.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/movie-maker-10-tell-your-story/9mvfq4lmz6c9?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

For something a bit more capable Cyberlink Power Director is a good choice that is still user friendly enough. You can find previous versions on eBay and Amazon for $25 or so.

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software/features_en_US.html

• Cool 1

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,868 posts
5,401 battles

I've used VSDC editor for my Youtube videos.  I need it for basics, trimming, combining etc and it's more than capable at those.  Free to use, no watermark on the video afterwards. http://www.videosoftdev.com/

Edited by vonKaiser
  • Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
2,803 posts
8,882 battles

So, yeah. Uh, turns out this was a good day for this topic to come out.

Humble Bundle just put up a package with Vegas 15 Pro. $25 bucks. Just for reference, it's not the most current version (that's 16) but it's still a $400 software package, even as a previous version. And you also get Sound Forge and several other things with it.

Go buy this right now and forget any other option. It's not the easiest to use, but it is professional-grade software, used by everyone from major studios down to small YouTube channels. 

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/vegas-pro-even-more-software

@Wombatmetal

Edited by LT_Rusty_SWO

Members
1 post

Hello, 

As for me, I usually use the Video Converter from Joyoshare to convert and edit videos with ease. It also works as a good video merger to join two or more different videos together at a lightning fast speed. 

Members
2 posts

Usually, when we get new skills to play the game, we'd like to share the experience with friends or open live video for others. To edit the video, you'd better try Camtasia, PawEditor and Adobe. They are stable to edit. Or you can also try Windows movie maker.

Edited by DavidBake

Members
2 posts
8 minutes ago, DavidBake said:

Usually, when we get new skills to play the game, we'd like to share the experience with friends or open live video for others. To edit the video, you'd better try Camtasia, PawEditor and Adobe. They are stable to edit. Or you can also try Windows movie maker.

Some of those software may need to pay but it is suggested that search free licenses for them.

Members
1 post

Just to merge video I would definitely recommend using Blurbiz. it is super easy to use. 

you add text and stickers, watermark etc.

For other stuff just use Adobe suite, there is a learning curve but it works.