You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Finnkax

Santas crates - most decent gifts!

18 comments in this topic

[PIZZA]
Members
902 posts
9,872 battles

It started pretty lame .... some flags. Then T-61 with 10 pt captain jumpped to my harbor! Herzliche willcommen mein Capitånen! I thought I am lucky Enough! 12 crates left - what I will get.  Then Monaghan with 10 pts captain rushed ion to my harbor! Good enough I thought! Again little suprise - Krasnyj Krym entered to my harbor complaining something about Simo Häyhä. Well - we all have forget those issues Da comrade? I smiled. 

I thought all participants are collected but then I hear heavy knockin on the harbors door! Angry(birds) Musashi captain entered to my harbor and wanted explain at once! I replied hastily all the japanese wordsI know ...o-soto-gari-uchi-mata-te-guruma-ippon-sensei-chui! I do not know what he say but after all we all new captains sailed to beautifull sunset with hot sake and xodka and whiskey and sauercraut-beer! 

Personally I heavily recomend this years santa! I am smiling! 

Edited by Finnkax

[WOLFC]
Members
1,183 posts
2,840 battles

I really like this game and want to support it. I’m getting 100 mega crates tonight and see how I do.

• Cool 1

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
341 posts
4,345 battles
27 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

I really like this game and want to support it. I’m getting 100 mega crates tonight and see how I do.

Good luck! Let us know what big scores you land.

Members
981 posts

I got 20 Santa, 40 Big, 20 mega

I do not need or want more ships!  But I can’t stop the joy or sorrow when getting ships.

Santa 20 - 1 ship

big 40 - 4 ships

mega 20 2 ships

However only two good ships

Monehegan and Kronstadt 

Other 5 were seriously crappy crappy Cruisers featuring Kristin cremev marblehead The Argentine , two other Cruisers sooo bad I forgot their names.  

I still have more than a year of Santa crate Premium time from last year BUTT no free premium and no free consumables this year. 

However a lot of Doubloons. I was surprised.  Total doubloons was 19k A lot of coal. I agree with LWM that the value is $1.50 for each dollar spent. But wth do I do with all these crappy Cruisers? 

• Cool 1

[PIZZA]
Members
902 posts
9,872 battles
3 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

crappy crappy Cruisers featuring Kristin cremev marblehead

Hmm? My Marbleheads winrate is almost 60 %

Members
981 posts
2 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

Hmm? My Marbleheads winrate is almost 60 %

Long time no Marblehead for this Captain...me need to play! 

I rarely play Cruisers other than Hindenburg. BBs or much more likely DDs are what I play. But maybe time to change.  I have had Belfast for a year and played it like three times. 

I find that I can change DDs and it doesn’t affect my game. CA’s are a whole different ballgame. 

[PIZZA]
Members
902 posts
9,872 battles
2 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Long time no Marblehead for this Captain...me need to play! 

I rarely play Cruisers other than Hindenburg. BBs or much more likely DDs are what I play. But maybe time to change.  I have had Belfast for a year and played it like three times. 

I find that I can change DDs and it doesn’t affect my game. CA’s are a whole different ballgame. 

Personally - it takes a long time to adapt ships playstyle. When I get it I can counter easily against tier 7 battleship in certain maps with marble. I find lack of aa most disturbing feature. I am slow learner and old as metusalem. 

[LANCE]
Members
493 posts
4,141 battles

I have had a total of 45 mega crates. A gift of 5 and a gift of 20 so only bought 20 myself. I already have Belfast and Kutuzov so wasn’t expecting any rare ships. My haul of ships from the crates was pretty big though :

Krispy Kreme

- Monghahan (sp)

- Marblehead

- Boise

- Ashitaka

- Mutsu

- Abruzzi

- Le Terrible

- Duke of York

I’d never bought these ships as I have tons of other premiums and these didn’t really interest me to buy but I’m real happy with them!

Tons of NY streamer camo (very good for leveling Captains etc)

Some Asian Camo ... the benefits of which are excelletn

Enough coal to be add to my saved coal, use a coupon and get Musashi.

Plenty “rare” flags to get me to actually start using ... never realized the benefits these give for leveling Captains, free xp, regular xp and credits.

All in all I’m REAL happy with my haul and wish everyone great luck if they buy crates and a big thanks to WG and Santa for the gifts!

[BBP]
Members
341 posts
6,132 battles

I had some dud batches mostly with big crates but I finally struck gold with a batch of 20 big crates this morning.  In one batch of 20 I got 6 ships:

Arizona
Nueve de Julio  
Kutuzov !!!
Gremyashchy !!!
Boise
Atago !

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
341 posts
4,345 battles

I know a lot of people were upset about not getting ships but the flags, coal and doubloons are very useful too. Congrats on the ships you did get, and all the other goodies!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,722 posts
20,718 battles

I bought 80 of the one dollar crates not expecting ships, was more interested in the oil. I actually got one ship, and was happy with all the other stuff EXCEPT the one use camos. I mean seriously two or four camos for one dollar? Really pathetic prizes and vastly over valued. I was going to keep buying crates to get the oil and signals but with how often I got crappy camos I just stopped. Everything else I got in the crates was wonderful, it is a shame they just had to add them into the mix and ruin my experience. I have to thank Wargaming though for saving me money, I would have spent much more had it not been for them adding camos.. 

Members
981 posts
5 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I bought 80 of the one dollar crates not expecting ships, was more interested in the oil. I actually got one ship, and was happy with all the other stuff EXCEPT the one use camos. I mean seriously two or four camos for one dollar? Really pathetic prizes and vastly over valued. I was going to keep buying crates to get the oil and signals but with how often I got crappy camos I just stopped. Everything else I got in the crates was wonderful, it is a shame they just had to add them into the mix and ruin my experience. I have to thank Wargaming though for saving me money, I would have spent much more had it not been for them adding camos.. 

Nailed it. The two or four camos was a really bad idea.  

[PVE]
Members
751 posts
5,958 battles
8 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Indeed, 4 camos is a let down. I bought crates for the signals and at 50 a pop I like it, but when half of your overall take is camo it really makes the crates uninteresting.

[INTEL]
Members
1,707 posts
11,022 battles
9 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I was just thinking after my experience that there's a bit of irony in my results.  I did pretty well.  But you know what?  I was actually a bit disappointed. Out of 20 Big and 20 Mega containers I picked up 6 ships.  They are a pretty good mix of ships but none really outstanding as I already have most of the rare and 'OP' ones.  My top on the wish list was Boise and I didn't get her.

I picked up a fair amount of doubloons and a little bit of coal.  But I was disappointed with the camo and special signals.  I don't really need camo but I really like the special signals.  Then there was the Premium time.  Know what?  Don't really need all of that either.

What happened?  I did so well last year on the 2017 Christmas crates that WG didn't really offer me anything new this year other than coal, a few newer premium ships and some new types of special signals.  But not really enough of them to make me feel as good about the haul as I did last year.

• Boring 1