You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

WoWS Goals for 2019

84 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
6,466 posts
10,762 battles

Hello Shipmates,

Now that it's almost the end of 2018, it got me starting to ponder the upcoming new year.  And with a new year, come new goals and resolutions.  For those of us invested enough in WoWS, there can be goals set there as well.  For myself, I can think of a few:

• Find the effort and energy to finally delve into CV play (if the rework goes well).  All other lines have been ground to T10, so this is the only unexplored adventure for me at this time.
  • Keep improving my play to finally achieve Unicum level status on na.wows-numbers.com.  Been quite close for awhile now:   https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1014374676,Ace_04/
  • Maybe......maybe, get into some Clan Battles at some point.  Haven't really had the time necessary to commit to clan battles, and wouldn't want to bring down any other -K- members with unpracticed play.

What about you?  Do you have any specific WoWS goals for 2019?

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
5,320 posts
3,131 battles

Negotiating my WG expenses with my accountant.

We are to the playing hardball stage now.  I may need to start withholding sex.

• Funny 5

[H_]
Members
2,189 posts

To convince WG that we need:

• New maps,
  • New Campaigns
  • New Missions based on naval histories or tales...

and, on a personal note, the introduction of the cold war ships and technologies..........we already have 1960's radar !  I want the missiles to go with it in a new "game mode" that is a separate game play experience that does not inter-mix with what we currently have.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles

I could write pages on my goals for 2019, but the coal position has worked out so well this year that two of them (British CL grind, British DD grind) have taken a sudden back seat. The goal was to have at least one T10 ship to take into Clan battles (without needing a loaner) and into the T10 cutoff of Ranked battles, but the Salem - whatever her deficiencies - is so much cheaper to run it isn't funny. I can now chill on both those grinds and enjoy the ships.

I would like to finish at least the Yamamoto and Honourable Service campaigns.

I would like to make a second 19 point captain to supplement the one I already have, on the grounds that being able to rotate 19-pointers while one is out of port, without needing special event captains, is probably going to create a third in short order. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I need to wind the pace WAY back in terms of winning things. No extended marathons; maybe just nibbling around the edges of what I can do to pick up crates here and there, and don't care too much if the ship doesn't fall into my hands.

Decide on sane limits for all grinds. I have battleships, cruisers and destroyers at Tier 8 or better; I don't really NEED any more.

Spend less actual money. Salem will help here; if I don't NEED the Minotaur and Daring, I don't NEED to throw huge volumes of doubloons at them for permanent camouflage. I can stop at Lightning, which I won a permacamo for in the RN destroyer collection, and Neptune, whose camo was paid for with Warspite's gold.

Aside from the permanent campaigns, Ranked if I feel the energy and Clan battles here and there, I am considering spending a lot more time in co-op this coming year. Probably less time in the game overall, actually; I need to bring my other hobbies back to front-and-centre again.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles

2019 is going to be the year of the Commanders for me. I want to grind more 19pt Cmdrs and get my T6+ Cmdrs to at least 10pts. This should also help me with stockpiling credits and grinding most lines as many of my 19pt candidates are at the top of my grinds.

1. Improve some more. I think this shall always be my first goal.

2. New lines. I want to get all the ships I can, so I will be working on each new line to T6 and any lines I don't have to T6 as well. (bumped it from T5)

3. CVs are pretty much on hold until the rework as I'm up to T6. I will see if I can grind to the T7 CVs before the rework.

4. Make more 19pt Cmdrs. See the specifics on them in the spoiler.

Spoiler

I have Yamamoto, 15pts, on Nagato and he will eventually end up on Yamato.
I have a 14pt Cmdr on Gneisenau who will end up on Große Kurfurst.
I have a 14pt Jervis Cmdr who will end up on Daring.
I have a 12pt Shchors Cmdr who will end up on Moskva.
I have a 12pt Richelieu Cmdr who will end up on Republique.

I have a 16pt Cmdr on NC that will become my Iowa permanent Cmdr.

I have a 15pt John Doe Cmdr who is my Seattle permanent Cmdr.

If I have time, I will work on other Cmdrs who are slated for a tier 10 ship.

5. Make my T6+ Cmdrs into at least 10pt Cmdrs.

Spoiler

9KGV perm
9pts Leander perm
9pts Budyonny  perm
9pts Bayern  perm
6pts La Galissioniere  perm
6pts Nurnburg  perm
7pts Dallas perm
6pts Pensacola perm
7pts Fushun  perm
6pts Cesare 
6pts Duca D'Aosta 
6pts Blyskawica 
7pts Normandie  perm
8pts New Mexico  perm
6pts HSF Graf Spee Thea  perm
3pts Anshan    Hsienyang perm
6pts Tachi Lima    Hiryu perm
6pts Bogatyr  T6BB perm

So what are your goals for 2019?

[SSN]
Supertester
1,230 posts
6,943 battles
14 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

• New maps,
  • New Campaigns

and, on a personal note, the introduction of the cold war ships and technologies..........we already have 1960's radar !  I want the missiles to go with it in a new "game mode" that is a separate game play experience that does not inter-mix with what we currently have.

I agree, new maps and campaigns would be nice.  However, Missiles are something we DO NOT need in this game.  COld War ships...ok, but not missiles.  Thats just asking for issues and will be a cluster when you have people who can't even shoot torps without killing a team mate

[_-_]
Members
2,114 posts

New Year's Wowsolutions:

• Grind out the French BB and cruiser lines.
  • Re-purchase old tech tree botes for Snowflake gathering.
  • Keep pestering WG to give us HMS Exeter.
  • Continue enjoying the sadistic trolling of all things CV at every opportunity.

Happy New Year!

[GTA]
Members
49 posts
11,462 battles

Get to 8 tier x ships at 3 currently.

Add 5-8 19 pt commanders

Get my random win rate over 50%. It is getting close need to get it done.  

Get to rank 5 in at least one season of ranked.

Suck less and figure out DD play.

That should keep me busy.

[-K-]
Members
6,466 posts
10,762 battles
26 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

• New maps,
  • New Campaigns

New maps would be fantastic.  I'd have that on my wish list for sure (not my goal list).

29 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Negotiating my WG expenses with my accountant.

We are to the playing hardball stage now.  I may need to start withholding sex.

But really, who truly loses in that scenario? 

30 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

Trying to quit the game.

Nothing like setting the bar extremely low.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,239 posts
11,685 battles

Continue to improve and have fun. 

I hope to get into CV play after the rework.

My port is pretty dang insane approaching WOT levels. I will likely continue to add to it. 

I may try to rank out again as long as nothing else fun is happening in the game at the same time.

[SIM]
Members
3,768 posts
6,254 battles

Play fewer battles, spend less money on the game, and enjoy the battles that I do play a lot more.

• Cool 2

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles

Maybe try playing some more BBs since I only have two.  Issue is BB play bores me but WoW has now got several new ones available that look like they may be fun.  I do have Scharn and love it but it's not your standard BB. 

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,910 battles

My goal for 2019 is to find some time to play world of warships because basically all of 2019 for me is going to be training during my first year in the Navy.

• Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles
1 minute ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

My goal for 2019 is to find some time to play world of warships because basically all of 2019 for me is going to be training during my first year in the Navy.

Thank you for your service.

Members
2,907 posts
6,019 battles

I think I am on the forums more than playing the game now for the time being!    Its getting to be the same old grind...Look more forward to SUBMARINES as that would be a change. 

[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles
4 minutes ago, dionkraft said:

Look more forward to SUBMARINES as that would be a change. 

Them's fightin' words! :Smile_teethhappy:

I am looking forward to seeing what WG does with them, as I am looking forward to the carrier rework. Oddly enough, I'm starting to get a grip on the current style. Can't do it very well, but beginning to develop enthusiasm, if only in co-op. I may have wished for a change too soon!

[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,898 battles

More maps, more scenarios with additional tiers, IX, X, V perhaps, French/German Campaigns, CV rework, new lines

[HINON]
Supertester
20,981 posts
14,623 battles

To be victorious in my campaign to add Dutch ships.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[OO7]
Members
4,830 posts
11,574 battles

To improve myself personally. I would like to get to 64% overall and 2050 PR overall.

To finish off all lines in the game. I only have the 2 cv lines left. I'm at the taihi and Lexington, but it will change after the cv rework. 

Get another 1000 t10 games. 

Finish off getting a kraken in every tier, only t2 left. 

[NWNG]
Members
2,821 posts
4,689 battles

My Goals for 2019:

1. Cleveland to 19 points, currently at 16. It could happen this year, but in case it doesn't, here it is.
2. USN CA Line to tier 10, currently at Baltimore, but Baltimore is not in port.
3. IJN BB to tier 10, currently at Nagato
4. Yamamoto to 19 points, currently at 16 <---could happen before IJN BB reaches tier 10.
5. All lines not mentioned above, to tier 5.
6. Hopefully with #5 I'll start rotating my play between different ship types, instead of focusing on a single ship line, like I have currently been doing thus far. We'll see.

Edit:

This next set of goals aren't stuck to a single year, and may never come reality.

1. Enough port slots for every ship tech-tree ship, so that the only reason I would sell, would be to have a quick boost in credits for the next ship in a line.

2. Improve Clan Base, until it cannot be improved further. <--- this one will, unless WoWS dies before I can get it done.

3. Prema-camo for every ship that has it available.

Edited by Counter_Gambit
Missed some goals

[BBC]
Beta Testers
40 posts
2,959 battles

Not expecting anything new next year big feature wise, just more of the same.  The copy paste ranked tank companies format they decided to pass off as endgame indicates to me that Wargaming has very limited ambition for the future of warships and isn't willing to invest in developing anything beyond a simple remix of something else.  I think player numbers will continue to decline slowly and Wargaming will respond to this by creating more opportunities then ever to make money from their big spenders to offset the lower player counts. 

It's going to be the year of the whale and literally everything will be for sale.

• Boring 1

[NGA]
Members
1,799 posts
9,545 battles
17 minutes ago, Obeyrist said:

Not expecting anything new next year big feature wise, just more of the same.  The copy paste ranked tank companies format they decided to pass off as endgame indicates to me that Wargaming has very limited ambition for the future of warships and isn't willing to invest in developing anything beyond a simple remix of something else.  I think player numbers will continue to decline slowly and Wargaming will respond to this by creating more opportunities then ever to make money from their big spenders to offset the lower player counts. 

It's going to be the year of the whale and literally everything will be for sale.

There's a cheerful fellow.