TheURLGuy

Let’s Talk About "Warships Premium Account"

66 comments in this topic

[AK]
Beta Testers
13 posts
7,747 battles

Forgive me.

I can not understand why anyone would purchase Warships Premium time if they currently have more Wargaming Premium time than Warship Premium time.

Wargaming and Warships Premium time run independently of each other.

Under the above circumstance, the compensation of 25 doubloons per day (for those days of Wargaming Premium time) for an extra 15% experience in Warships makes no financial sense.  It would cost 2500 doubloons for 30 day premium time, or about 83 doubloons per day at that discounted rate.  So, for those days where there is overlap in both Wargaming Premium and Warships premium, you are paying 58 doubloons per day to get an extra 15% Warships experience.  Furthermore, if you purchase 360 days premium time for 24,000 doubloons, or about 66 doubloons per day at that discounted rate, you would be paying 41 doubloons per day to get an extra 15% Warships experience on those days where there is overlap between Wargaming Premium and Warships Premium time.

In general, the best financial play would be to allow the Wargaming Premium time to expire prior to purchasing Warship Premium time.

Is there something I do not understand in interpreting Wargaming's policy?

- Klebs

Edited by Klebs
  • Cool 1

[TF16]
Members
840 posts
7,393 battles

From what I got out of it, the incentive to getting Warships Premium when you have Wargaming Premium is not worth it at all.

Beta Testers
2,530 posts
21,683 battles

The way I read it was WOWs will match you what ever Premium time you already have in the next upgrade .   For example if you have 500 WG premium days , WOWs will provide you with 500 WOWs days on the next upgrade used only for WOWs. 

[SC]
Beta Testers
73 posts
6,384 battles

This is the work up to the point when they pull wargaming premium time and you'll have to buy premium for each game. 

• Cool 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,235 posts
8,389 battles

The way I read it, most people are confused, despite or because of the lengthy convoluted explanations of the interaction of two premium gameplay options. :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
68 posts
8,729 battles

Those of you less confused... so I have about 250 WG prem time on the account and if I want to 'switch' to WOWs prem.. how will that go?

[MEOW]
Beta Testers
265 posts
5,495 battles

or if you play the both game and a whale , you have to buy 2 premium accounts, really?

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Modder
649 posts
3,045 battles

When I first heard about it was wondering about the pricing on it all, and I wondered if perhaps maybe they'd sell WoWs-only premium time for a bit less than those that cover all games since it is only +15% more but nope...same price. Not that I was any kind of interested before as I play all three games, but honestly it feels a bit like a ripoff imho. Had they sold a year of WoWs-only premium for lets say 18000 doubloons and then downwards I would kind of get it. In some ways it just doesn't make much sense strategy wise as Wargaming have been touting the benefits of their shared premium for ages, the only way it make some kind of tiny sense is that in some regions or all they need something to draw people to WoWs as a whole but then we're back to the pricing argument and what little extra you get. Ah well, some people will get this and good for them I suppose. I know I'll be taking a screenshot of my premium days before patch day just in case.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,019 posts
5,570 battles

At first glance this seems like it will be bad for WOT.  People that occasionally play WOT because they have shared premium time will be much less inclined if they take the WOWS only premium. 

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,019 posts
5,570 battles
1 hour ago, Fandorin said:

Those of you less confused... so I have about 250 WG prem time on the account and if I want to 'switch' to WOWs prem.. how will that go?

That is what I am wondering.  If we already have premium will we be able to switch when this goes live for free?

[SALVO]
Members
21,032 posts
21,114 battles
4 hours ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

At first glance this seems like it will be bad for WOT.  People that occasionally play WOT because they have shared premium time will be much less inclined if they take the WOWS only premium. 

Yeah, that's what I was wondering too.  I occasionally play WoT myself.  Not a lot, maybe 2-3 battles a day, after I've had my fill of WoWS.  But if things eventually switch to game specific premium time, it seems like it would be hard on players who, like me, will play more than one WG  "World of …" title.  Mind you, WoWS is the one I play most heavily, by far.  But lately I've enjoyed playing a little bit of tanks for the fun of it, after not having played in months.  But if things eventually switch to game specific premium time, I may not want to play tanks any more, if I don't have premium account benefits supporting me, particularly in terms of credit earning.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 1

[TCEG]
Beta Testers
1 post
5,576 battles

This is a bad thing.  Listen, I play World of Tanks just as much as Warships, and when I am really bored I will even play a game or two of Planes.  By offer a specific premium time/account for Warships and then another one for all three, well, you know what is going to happen....  You know that Wargaming is going to offer specific premium time for World of Tanks and then again for World of Warplanes, and then do away with the combined time for all three.  Just another money grab.

• Cool 9

[BS]
Members
1,527 posts
8,097 battles

You guys realize that they're tripling the cost of premium time on the sly by doing this right? Eventually they'll split premium time separately for each each game.

It's 96$ a year for premium for 3 games. That's 32$ per game of value. if they seperate premium for all the games and keep the price the same... They're tripling the cost (200% more technically) if someone wanted premium for all 3 games.

• Cool 6

[BS]
Members
1,527 posts
8,097 battles

This is unacceptable, too much all at once Wargaming. They nerf christmas crates to deter people from waiting till then to get ships, premium time. They're monitizing steel. All of these things are demoralizing your player base one jab at a time. I'm not sure the game can survive much more

• Cool 4

[TNG-2]
Members
25 posts
10,259 battles

The concept is good but will give two problems: it will affect in game economy (FXP ships will become even more expensive) and it will hurt WoT even more: the people who ocasionally plays will stop.

A cheaper account with the same bonuses only for wows is a better idea. (plus, more people will start paying)

• Cool 3

[STW-D]
Members
201 posts
32 minutes ago, Wingslinger said:

Wait, what's the gist of all this?

From what I understand from the article:

1. Wargaming Premium account is still for sale (at the same price and benefits), and will still work the same for all 3 games: Warships, Tanks, Warplanes

2. A new type of premium account, Warships Premium, will be introduced with update 7.12.  It will have the same price, but the XP boost per game will be 65%.  (vs. the current 50% for Wargaming premium account)

3. Everyone that currently has Premium time when update 7.12 happens will have the same time in overlapping Wargaming Premium account and Warships premium accounts (so 50% XP boost in Tanks, and Warplanes, and 65% XP boost in warships until your current premium time is over.)

4. From update 7.12 onward, Warships in-game premium rewards time will be only Warships Premium time, including all the campaigns.

5. Wargaming (the company) will now have the option to give larger discounts for Warships Premium time, than for Wargaming Premium time, during this holiday season and the future.  (Without affecting the Tanks and Warplanes groups.)

6. Wargaming (the company) will also have the option to add "Warships Premium time" to the upcoming "Steel Monsters" campaign (future premium shop purchase per news) also without affecting the Tanks and Warplanes groups

So nobody loses anything, except perhaps Tanks players who play Warships for more premium time in their Tanks game?

• Cool 5

[CRF]
Members
325 posts
5,977 battles

People have time to play games other than WOWS????  How is that possible?

• Funny 2

Beta Testers
127 posts
15,196 battles

Well this will make me never want to go back to WOT....   not even to try a few games once time is burned out...   I'm not sure this is a good idea..  

• Cool 1

[BBC]
Beta Testers
40 posts
2,959 battles

I think the worst thing about this unnecessary and awful addition to the Wargaming "free to play" model that nobody wanted is how clearly it indicates the bleak outlook for the future of both games. 

I remember being a little excited about the idea of some endgame overlap between tanks and ships on a global map and the implications that a unified Wargaming account might have for the future.  Instead, the current future we have is one where Wargaming has decided the best course of action for the declining player counts of both games is to find a way to get people to pay for premium time twice. 

I guess making new content and improvements to the core experience of both games would be too much to ask at this point.  You might want to inform your game development team that you don't need them anymore.

• Cool 2

[BS]
Members
1,527 posts
8,097 battles

They have massive overhead to pay for, but if they think they can raise prices without cutting overhead...they got another thing coming. they need to get rid of all the fluff and hire core game programmers. their competitor is innovating like crazy

Edited by HorrorRoach
  • Cool 1

[N-W-T]
Members
2 posts
14,982 battles

Confusion reigns.  So , will you still be able to buy Premium in shop with / by  CC payment  or not?    Or will you have to buy Dubloons to purchase Premium , kinda redundant if so.

[KMS7]
Beta Testers
153 posts
5,052 battles

With as much premium time as I still have from last year's boxes, I am set nicely for some time.  TYVM WG for the free matching time on WoWs.

• Cool 1