You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

PSA WoWs premium time, rules and stuff

55 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/wows-premium/

WoWs premium time is coming on Patch 7.12!

As of 0846EST there still is no message on the main WoWs page, so patch 7.12 is looking to drop Dec 19th. You have a week to suss out which way you want to go with premium time.

Premium Account is an integral part of the Wargaming universe. Having Premium Account enables you to progress through the game and scale new heights within it more quickly, by providing more credits and XP. Premium Account can bring you that ship you desire earlier, or earn you additional Commander skill points, or even enable faster completion of Combat Missions and Campaigns.

Wargaming Premium Account encompasses the three games: World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes. This enables you to simultaneously have a more enjoyable experience when playing all three games.

But right now we have some very good news for those who actively play World of Warships. With the release of Update 0.7.12, we are set to introduce the special Warships Premium Account. It applies only to World of Warships, but brings you 15% more XP!

If you already have Wargaming Premium Account, the moment that Update 0.7.12 hits the live servers, you will enjoy a one-time addition of Warships Premium Account, with a duration equal to the remaining duration of your Wargaming Premium Account at the time of the update’s release. This means that you’ll be able to fully experience all of the bonuses that Warships Premium Account offers, but without bearing any additional expenses.

So this means that you will have two set of premium time. WG premium time and WoWs premium time equal to the amount of premium time you have at the time. In my case, today I have 218 days of premium time, so on Wed, Dec 19th after patch 7.12 drops, I will have 210 days WG premium time and 210 days WoWs premium time that will overlap. NOTE: doubloon bonus is not active for this free WoWs premium time overlap, only for new WoWs premium time overlaps. See more below.

What Are the Similarities?
First of all, it's worth mentioning that these two types of Premium Account carry the same price tag. You can select whichever of the two that best suits your preferences, and you can obtain them at the same cost, either through the Premium Shop or within the game by paying with doubloons.

4f3cbda0-fa31-11e8-9177-d89d6715223c_120

The credits per battle bonus remains unchanged and will be the same for both types of Premium Account: +50%. Besides that, having any type of Premium Account allows players to undertake three tasks for completion in Campaigns, and will make the Naval Base Port available in the game client.

So being able to have 3 Campaign tasks instead of two, will be the same in either premium time. Same with the premium port being selectable in both premium times. (Note: Premium port is just a pretty and provides no extra benefits. Hawai'i used to the be the premium port)

What Are the Differences?
Warships Premium Account brings you 15% more XP than Wargaming Premium Account. This bonus also affects the amount of Commander XP and Free XP you can earn.

Let's examine the differences between Warships Premium Account and Wargaming Premium Account through the example of one successful battle.

Let's assume that you won the battle playing with a Tier X ship and earned 1,200 base XP. Your ship had the "Ranked" camouflage mounted, that increased the XP you earned by 100%, and you also flew a flag signal that provided +50% ship XP. This victory was the first win of the day, which brought you another +50% bonus. The sum of the various XP modifiers for this battle totals 200%. Besides that, the mounted signal and camouflage provide additional bonuses: +100% for Commander XP, and +200% for Free XP.

Ship XP calculation formula: base XP per battle X account coefficient X (1 + sum of various XP modifiers), or using the numerical values from our example: 1,200 x 1 x 3 = 3,600 without Premium Account, 1,200 x 1.5 x 3 = 5,400 with Wargaming Premium Account, 1,200 x 1.65 x 3 = 5,940 with Warships Premium Account.

Commander XP calculation formula: base XP per battle X account coefficient X (1 + sum of various XP modifiers + sum of various Commander XP modifiers), or using the numerical values from our example: 1,200 x 1 x 4 = 4,800 without Premium Account, 1,200 x 1.5 x 4 = 7,200 with Wargaming Premium Account, 1,200 x 1.65 x 4 = 7,920 with Warships Premium Account.

Free XP calculation formula: total resulting ship XP per battle x 0.05 x (1 + sum of various Free XP modifiers), or using the numerical values from our example: 3,600 x 0.05 x 3 = 540 without Premium Account, 5,400 x 0.05 x 3 = 810 with Wargaming Premium Account, 5,940 x 0.05 x 3 = 891 with Warships Premium Account.

The account coefficient equals to 1 for standard account, 1.5 for Wargaming Premium Account, and 1.65 for Warshps Premium Account.

These formulas do not take into account the bonuses provided by Clan's Structures, Combat Missions or challenges, or teamkill penalties. 

eb6d0ec6-fc86-11e8-b24a-d89d6715223c_120

In total, the player will receive an additional 1,800 ship XP, 2,400 Commander XP, and 270 Free XP for this battle, provided they have active Wargaming Premium Account. With Warships Premium Account, the player will get even more XP: 540 more ship XP, 720 Commander XP, and 81 Free XP, when compared to Wargaming Premium Account. It might not seem to be that much at first sight, but if you are an active World of Warships player, the difference will be significant.

By activating Warships Premium Account you get more XP for each type of experience, which will more rapidly facilitate the process of researching new ships and modules, as well as earning Commander skill points, and will also make it easier to complete some Combat Missions.

In the examples above, only first win, flags, camo and the premium time bonues were counted. You will get clan, combat missions and other bonuses like normal, but these examples were kept simple.

While it doesn't look like much for one battle, every battle you play with a WoWs premium account will have that extra bit of XP and it will add up over time.

Using Both Premium Accounts Simultaneously
What happens when you have both Premium Accounts active at the same time? For the purpose of calculating the post-battle results, the highest bonuses will be counted, which means that your Warships Premium Account will be applied.

The duration of Premium Accounts is prolonged independently for each type of account. When you receive or purchase Wargaming Premium Account, your Warships Premium Account duration does not change, and vice versa.

Another peculiarity of the addition of Warships Premium Account, including cases when it's given as a reward for completing a Combat Mission or a mission—if the duration of the added Warships Premium Account time overlaps with the duration of Wargaming Premium Account, you will receive compensation to the amount of 25 doubloons per each day of the overlapping period, rounded up to a full day.

Please note that this compensation will not apply to the one-time addition of Warships Premium Account at the moment of the Update 0.7.12 release.

This is important. Premium time that you have that has WoWs premium time added on patch 7.12, will NOT do the doubloon compensation overlap for that dual premium time. Any new premium time that overlaps will get the doubloon bonus as seen below.

4f17e228-fa31-11e8-8bdb-d89d6715223c.jpg

For example, let’s say that you have 10 days and 2 hours of Wargaming Premium Account. You spend 2,500 doubloons to buy 30 days of Warships Premium Account. At purchase, you will receive 11 (for the days rounded up) x 25 (doubloons) = 275 doubloons as compensation.

At the same time, if you have 1 day of Wargaming Premium Account and 7 days of Warships Premium Account, then you are not subject to any compensation if you buy 30 days of Wargaming Premium Account.

IMPORTANT

The compensation in doubloons is only for WoWs premium time that overlaps with existing WG premium time.

For example, I will have 210 days premium time when patch 7.12 drops. So after 7.12 drops, I will have 210 days WG premium time and 210 days of WoWs premium time and that WoWs premium time will not get doubloon compensation as it was free. So say I buy 180 days of WG premium time. I will now have 390 days of WG premium time for all three games and 210 days WoWs premium time. If I buy more WoWs premium time the next day, say 90 days WoWs premium time, then I would have 389 days of WG premium time and 299 days of WoWs premium time and I would get 2,250 doubloons for the WoWs overlap with WG premium time.

But lets say I buy them in reverse. I will have 210 days premium time when patch 7.12 drops. So after 7.12 drops, I will have 210 days WG premium time and 210 days of WoWs premium time and that WoWs premium time will not get doubloon compensation as it was free. So say I buy 180 days of WOWs premium time. I will now have 210 days of WG premium time for all three games and 390 days WoWs premium time. If I buy more WG premium time the next day, say 90 days WoT premium time, then I would have 299 days of WG premium time and 389 days of WoWs premium time and I would NOT, REPEAT NOT, get 2,250 doubloons for the WG overlap with WoWs premium time.

Let's look at some more examples.

Say I have no premium time. After patch 7.12 drops I buy 360 days of WG premium time. Then 10 days later, I buy 360 days of WoWs premium time. So I would have 350 days WG premium time for all three games and 360 days of WoWs premium time with the +15% bonus. During that time 350 days of WoWs premium time would be overlapping with the existing WG premium time, so I would get 8,750 doubloons when I bought the WoWs premium time as compensation. Not a great way to farm doubloons, but if you have to have that extra +15% WoWs XP AND WOT & WoWP premium time at the same time, you get some compensation.

But if you buy them in reverse, you do not get the doubloon compensation as the WoWs premium time was bought before the WOT premium time.

So if you are going to buy both premium times, ALWAYS buy the WG premium time first.

Note that starting from Update 0.7.12, Warships Premium Account will replace Wargaming Premium Account in terms of rewards for completing Combat Missions or other missions, from containers, and for other in-game activities.

So for that 5 star operation that gives out a day of premium time. Or the Science of Victory campaign that gives out 7 days premium time. Or that super container that gives you 14 days premium time. They will all be WoWs premium time. So if you have WG premium time, then the reward premium time will overlap. It will NOT extend WG premium time. It will extend WoWs premium time.

Summary
If you prefer World of Warships, and play it a lot and often, then Warships Premium Account is for you.
If you play World of Tanks and World of Warplanes just as actively as World of Warships, then Wargaming Premium Account will suit you best.

If you only ever want to play WoWs, then get WoWs premium time.

If you want to play WoT/WoWP as well with premium time, then get WG premium time. Just note that any premium time you get in WoWs will be WoWs premium time and will overlap with any existing WG premium time.

Dec 20th, 2018 Edit: @Radar_X has said that Warships premium time in the shop has been delayed and will be out later this week. Warship premium time for doubloons in-game is working.

Edited by Kizarvexis
sorry for the delay but the original post was deleted
  • Cool 5

[NG-NL]
Members
5,823 posts
9,443 battles

Rather sounds I need to spend dubs to extend my WoWS Premium (about 20 days left) if want to get this w/ 7.12 and get some dubs back in compensation.

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles
1 minute ago, Reymu said:

Rather sounds I need to spend dubs to extend my WoWS Premium (about 20 days left) if want to get this w/ 7.12 and get some dubs back in compensation.

Only if you get the premium time before patch 7.12. After patch 7.12, premium time you buy will extend the premium time you have.

Say you have 20 days when patch 7.12 drops. You would have 20 days of WG premium time usable on all three games and 20 days of WoWs premium time, giving you that +15% XP. Say you buy 30 days of WoWs premium time. You then would have 20 days WG premium time and 50 days of WoWs premium time. If you then buy 30 days WG premium time, you would have 50/50 again, but since the 30 days WG premium time was added to the WoWs premium time, then no doubloon compensation. 

Now buy them in the right order...

Say you have 20 days when patch 7.12 drops. You would have 20 days of WG premium time usable on all three games and 20 days of WoWs premium time, giving you that +15% XP. Say you buy 30 days of WG premium time. You then would have 50 days WG premium time and 20 days of WoWs premium time. If you then buy 30 days WoWs premium time, you would have 50/50 again, and since the 30 days WoWs premium time was added to the existing WG premium time, then you get doubloon compensation.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,503 posts
5,601 battles

I've not played WoT for years, so WoW premium time works out rather well for me.

It's never been easier to grind out a line. Theres so many bonuses a player can stack on top of each other.

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
13 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I've not played WoT for years, so WoW premium time works out rather well for me.

It's never been easier to grind out a line. Theres so many bonuses a player can stack on top of each other.

I ain't complaining. Havent touched tanks since the massive arty nerf way back when. Also reupped some premium time before I found out this was a thing so I lucked out.

[WOLF2]
Members
289 posts
5,691 battles

I bought a year of premium time to get a "free" t-61 during a promotion. This works out great

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,714 posts
11,758 battles

Wargaming: 'We are going to need to increase the amount of XP we charge for the FXP premiums because the economy has changed and people are making too much FXP now'

Wargaming slightly later: 'Now we're going to improve the premium time so you can get more FXP to buy our new, more expensive FXP premium ships!'

Right...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

So if you have both premium accounts, you will be burning them both at the same time right? Doesn't seem worth to buy both if you only play wows (like me). I need more premium time but was hoping they would have a sale (better than the 15% they just offered) soon. It seems reasonable to me that would have a special on the wows premium time at release to help promote adoption, but with WG you never know. Any thoughts?

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles
1 minute ago, Kevs02Accord said:

So if you have both premium accounts, you will be burning them both at the same time right? Doesn't seem worth to buy both if you only play wows (like me). I need more premium time but was hoping they would have a sale (better than the 15% they just offered) soon. It seems reasonable to me that would have a special on the wows premium time at release to help promote adoption, but with WG you never know. Any thoughts?

Yeah, you only want both if you want to play two or more of WoWs, WoT, WoWP AND you desperately want the +15% bonus and 25 doubloons per day compensation.

If you just want to play two or more of WoWs, WoT, WoWP and don't care or see the value in spending for the +15%, just get WG premium time.

If you just play WoWs, then the WoWs premium time is the better deal, because you won't be playing WoT or WoWP anyways.

[BS]
Members
1,527 posts
8,097 battles

Wow, this is a big nerf in value. I'm sure WOWS premium is the exact same price right? Yet the value decreases significantly, way less utility. The positive side effect might be that WOWS gets more of it's "own" internal revenue, instead of subsidizing WOT and WOWP's. If they do this for each game, won't warplanes be screwed eventually? if that game doesn't start becoming profitable, they should just sell it or something so it doesn't drag the other two more successful games down.

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles
5 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Wow, this is a big nerf in value. I'm sure WOWS premium is the exact same price right? Yet the value decreases significantly, way less utility. The positive side effect might be that WOWS gets more of it's "own" internal revenue, instead of subsidizing WOT and WOWP's. If they do this for each game, won't warplanes be screwed eventually? if that game doesn't start becoming profitable, they should just sell it or something so it doesn't drag the other two more successful games down.

Yep, the prices stay the same.

First of all, it's worth mentioning that these two types of Premium Account carry the same price tag. You can select whichever of the two that best suits your preferences, and you can obtain them at the same cost, either through the Premium Shop or within the game by paying with doubloons.

4f3cbda0-fa31-11e8-9177-d89d6715223c_120

[WAIFU]
13,503 posts
5,601 battles
10 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

It's not a nerf. It's a choice being made available to players.

For those who play 2 or 3 of the 'World of..." games, they can still buy normal premium time as before, and everything will be the same. No nerf here, it's the same.

For people who only play WoWs they can buy an improved WoWs only premium time.

Whilst it's the same price, whether it's worth it will be subjective. If people don't like it they don't have to buy the WoWs specific premium time. What matters is that we now have 2 choices. More options are good.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles
4 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

It's not a nerf. It's a choice being made available to players.

For those who play 2 or 3 of the 'World of..." games, they can still buy normal premium time as before, and everything will be the same. No nerf here, it's the same.

For people who only play WoWs they can buy an improved WoWs only premium time.

Whilst it's the same price, whether it's worth it will be subjective. If people don't like it they don't have to buy the WoWs specific premium time. What matters is that we now have 2 choices. More options are good.

Well said

[A_51]
Members
870 posts
19,289 battles

Dear God, why does WG always have to make everything so complicated.  

I know Kizarvexis did his best to explain things as simply as possible, but my eyes started to cross about halfway through.  My question is this.  Say you have ten days of regular premium time when the next update drops.  So now you have ten days of WG premium time and ten days of WOWS premium time.  Does this mean the bonuses for each form of premium time stack?  For example, do you get additional experience for BOTH the WG and the WOWS premium time for those ten days?

Edited by Seaneroo

[BS]
Members
1,527 posts
8,097 battles
17 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

I know Kizarvexis did his best to explain things as simply as possible, but my eyes started to cross about halfway through.  My question is this.  Say you have ten days of regular premium time when the next update drops.  So now you have ten days of WG premium time and ten days of WOWS premium time.  Does this mean the bonuses for each form of premium time stack?  For example, do you get additional experience for BOTH the WG and the WOWS premium time for those ten days?

Nope. And it is a nerf in value. The old premium time gets you 50% more xp in 3 games, now you get 65% xp more in ONE GAME, yet it's the same price. It's just a gimmick to make more money.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,239 posts
11,685 battles

Great post. I do still jump into WOT and even WOWP since 2.0. Will have to decide how best to go about managing my time. 

[TDRB]
Members
2,838 posts
8,421 battles

Tried WOT but I'd rather play Warships so the little extra to help me progress up the lines and grind my commanders is welcomed.

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles
28 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

Premium time does not stack. If you get an overlap, the +65% will be what works in WoWs until the overlap ends.

9 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Nope. And it is a nerf in value. The old premium time gets you 50% more xp in 3 games, now you get 65% xp more in ONE GAME, yet it's the same price. It's just a gimmick to make more money.

It is only a nerf in value IF you buy WoWs premium time and play in WoT and WoWP without premium time. As was mentioned to you before and I said in the first post, buy WG time if you play more than WoWs. Then nothing changes as with WG premium time you get +50% in WoT, WoWP AND WoWs. It is not that hard. Reading is OP.

[BS]
Members
1,527 posts
8,097 battles
14 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Premium time does not stack. If you get an overlap, the +65% will be what works in WoWs until the overlap ends.

It is only a nerf in value IF you buy WoWs premium time and play in WoT and WoWP without premium time. As was mentioned to you before and I said in the first post, buy WG time if you play more than WoWs. Then nothing changes as with WG premium time you get +50% in WoT, WoWP AND WoWs. It is not that hard. Reading is OP.

The only way I would buy premium time specific to WOWS is if it retained the value, like giving you premium ship rentals on a 3 month rotational basis or something... Now that would hook people.

[A_51]
Members
870 posts
19,289 battles
2 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

OK, thanks.  It is pretty clear now what is happening.  Having concurrent PT is only beneficial to players who want the additional 15% in WOWS while still getting the normal PT in the other games.  I have no idea how many people play WOWS and WOT/WOWP on a regular basis.  Furthermore, this period where players have an option between the two forms of PT is a transition phase to get people used to buying WOWS-exclusive PT.  At some point, the option will be eliminated and players will have no choice but to pay separately for PT for each game.  It seems obvious to me this is the end game here for WG.  In the meantime, WG has increased the free experience cost of ships to encourage players to opt for the WOWS PT.

Sounds like a huge manipulation to me. 

Edited by Seaneroo

[WAIFU]
13,503 posts
5,601 battles
33 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

And what if players, and there are a lot of them, don't play the other two games anyway?

Pay for the 50% premium time which applies to other other two games THAT DON'T GET PLAYED ANYWAY, or pay the same amount for the 65% premium. It's not rocket science here. The player who only plays one game anyway gains value from the same amount of money. For a person who only plays one game, paying for the 50% premium time is a false economy.

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
5,320 posts
3,131 battles
4 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

And what if players, and there are a lot of them, don't play the other two games anyway?

Pay for the 50% premium time which applies to other other two games THAT DON'T GET PLAYED ANYWAY, or pay the same amount for the 65% premium. It's not rocket science here. The player who only plays one game anyway gains value from the same amount of money.

Since I am buying some premium and only play WoWs, this could not have come at a better time.

[CAFE]
Members
1,723 posts
12,378 battles

Does anyone know if they are doing this for wot? I am a little surprised because WOWS never seemed grindy to me...