You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

PSA: Royal Navy Event; last day of tasks today, so...

14 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
11,697 posts
7,510 battles

...if you haven't got the Cossack and want her, today is the last day to finish off the past week's Guineas missions.

Per @Kizarvexis, I would buy any guineas you need NOW, including the 10 for 1 deal if you haven't already done so.

It is well known that expected and needed items have occasionally been withdrawn early (as happened with Go Navy), so get on and do it, or don't blame me if you are left wailing in the outer darkness tomorrow morning. Technically you have until January 22nd to spend them, but there are no guarantees on how long you can still buy them.

Don't be like those poor bastards who put off buying the Kamikaze ships or the HSF Harekaze to some other day, only to find that the opportunity had passed them by forever (in the Harekaze's case literally, unless a miracle occurs). 

Get it over with now and avoid disappointment.

• Cool 3

[HYDRO]
Members
3,165 posts
4,785 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Don't be like those poor bastards who put off buying the Kamikaze ships or the HSF Harekaze to some other day, only to find that the opportunity had passed them by forever (in the Harekaze's case literally, unless a miracle occurs). 

The HSF issue happened because the studio behind the show declared bankruptcy, so the collab with WG had to end immediately.

You can choose any recent container event issues however :Smile-_tongue:.

Edited by warheart1992

[ARGSY]
Members
11,697 posts
7,510 battles
10 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

The HSF issue happened because the studio behind the show declared bankruptcy, so the collab with WG had to end immediately.

Aah, so that was the reason. A damn shame.

The sentiment remains, however. "I'll buy her when I get back from holidays" became "Oh F, she's gone," with the knowledge that unlike the Kami sisters' chance to appear from a crate, she wasn't coming back.

[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles
28 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

...if you haven't got the Cossack and want her, today is the last day to finish off the past week's Guineas missions.

Per @Kizarvexis, I would buy any guineas you need NOW, including the 10 for 1 deal if you haven't already done so.

It is well known that expected and needed items have occasionally been withdrawn early (as happened with Go Navy), so get on and do it, or don't blame me if you are left wailing in the outer darkness tomorrow morning. Technically you have until January 22nd to spend them, but there are no guarantees on how long you can still buy them.

This part of Ensign's warning bears repeating, so I bolded it.

Technically you have until January 22nd to spend them, but there are no guarantees on how long you can still buy them.

[HYDRO]
Members
3,165 posts
4,785 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Aah, so that was the reason. A damn shame.

The sentiment remains, however. "I'll buy her when I get back from holidays" became "Oh F, she's gone," with the knowledge that unlike the Kami sisters' chance to appear from a crate, she wasn't coming back.

Yup, and the sentiment is even worse since Harekaze also benefitted from the 100mm HE pen changes, so got a pretty substantial buff as well.

[ARGSY]
Members
11,697 posts
7,510 battles

I reckon WG didn't want to have to pay the creditors a cut of every Harekaze they sold, and fair enough, but the least they could have done was to negotiate being able to give her away in Supercontainers (note that Santa crates would have been unacceptable, as you buy those and it could have been interpreted as selling HSF content outside the licence).

Lesson for next time. @Pigeon_of_War, can you pass this one up the line? Some sort of content-retention clause for future collabs that would allow this?

[WOLFC]
Members
1,391 posts
9,381 battles

Paid heed and got mine last night even though I don't play Tier 8 much ... still remember that day I passed up a buy because I didn't like DD's back then.

Spoiler

KamiR.png.6771a3f0be6e44da79834d35d8f7218d.png

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
6,011 posts

General note -- even if you don't play DDs much, even if you don't play high tier much, go ahead and get Guineas and get the Cossack.  A cheap and good tier 8 premium ship is golden, and even if you only play it a few times a week, you'll thank yourself.

[ARGSY]
Members
11,697 posts
7,510 battles
2 minutes ago, Xantek said:

So this is the last day to GET the Cossacks or guineas?

This is the last day to finish off any of the tasks you have left undone. It is the last day on which you can win guineas in the game.

Any further guineas you need must be bought, and as we cannot be sure they will be here tomorrow, we are advising anyone who wants the ship and still needs Guineas to buy them TODAY and get the ship in the arsenal immediately after.

[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles
1 minute ago, Xantek said:

So this is the last day to GET the Cossacks or guineas?

Guineas in game and *possibly* in the shop as well. So figure out how many you are going to get and buy the ones you don't have in the shop. There is a 10 Guineas for $1 one-time special under specials. You can only get 48 in game, so you need 2 to get the 50 for Cossack.

Guineas will be converted to credits on Jan 23rd on patch 8.0. Cossack should stay in the Arsenal until then. But as soon as you have 50 Guineas, go to the Arsenal and buy Cossack.

[CVA16]
Members
3,316 posts
11,424 battles

Got my Cossack last night (had to buy 2 more  Gs)  AND finally ground my Lightning. I figure they can share a captain. Have to see which I like best.

• Cool 1