Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Maybe have some stats on Santa Crates?

9 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
9,027 posts
10,828 battles

With the recent debates on the nature of Santa crates and other such crates. Perhaps Wargaming needs to list percentage chances to gain each item for each type of premium crate? Think that would solve some of the debates and current issues, but odd nobody has suggested this. And Wargaming does do this at least some of the time in WOT Blitz Crates. Might be at Apple’s insistence over innthat game though, since Wargaming does not seem quick to do that simple little thing in WOWs PC. Might save the many threads about crates being created about crates if players were able to be more informed from Wargaming. I don’t buy crates for cash, but I know many of you guys can, do this thread is for you guys. :Smile_smile:

It does have the merits of informing buyers and protecting Wargaming legally, since of you stated say Missouri had 1% drop Chance and if getting a ship in a certain crate was 10% chance, then at least Wargaming would be covered and customers would be informed. Not like that small percentage stops people from buying, lol IS-3 Defender is highly sought after tank in WOT Blitz because it makes credits like a monsoon and is delightfully OP. Around Christmas Wargaming sells crates with very low chance of getting such a tank and people still buy up those crates like candy. ( thankfully I got my tank for free in its original campaign event, and I use it a lot around Christmas to show it off and help Wargaming sales lol)

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,108 posts
8,357 battles

No need/ 

Some redditers have already done the work of working out drop rates. Just spend 900$ to get that Missouri!

But, more refined details can be found in reading the user comments after this reddit post, which include detailed stats : 

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
3,174 posts
4,785 battles
31 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

No need/ 

Some redditers have already done the work of working out drop rates. Just spend 900$ to get that Missouri!

But, more refined details can be found in reading the user comments after this reddit post, which include detailed stats : 

But hey man EU is bad for wanting to regulate these practices and this is totally not gambling.

1k crates is a pretty decent size to work out chances so this should be a pretty dependable indicator for anyone wanting to spend. I wonder if there is a comparison with last year's lootboxes and whether it would confirm suspicions of the ship chance being lower this year.

Members
180 posts
2,725 battles

There's nothing that requires them to keep the crate items at a fixed drop chance, so not sure how you can determine current  stats with any true assurance. 

Smart play would be to jack up the rate for the best goodies for the first few days, get some nice community buzz and the streamers excitedly shilling for you, and then back that rate down.  You want to create the impression that buyers are failing to get what they wanted due to bad luck, not normal chance. Best way to do that is to tinker with the drop rate.  That way people are thinking "Well, Streamer Joe got 3 ships in 5 crates, but geez, I just opened 5 and got none at all.  Guess I was really unlucky.  If I buy another 5 I really should get something..."

[USCG]
Members
383 posts
14,844 battles

Honestly I think they keep track of who buys what & when.  I purchased a 20 pack of big crates on day one.  From that I picked up five ships and 4,000 in doubloons.  Amazing luck IMO which I believe is what they want you to feel so you go back and buy more.  Thinking lighting might strike twice I purchased 20 more big crates last night which netted me only three ships and 3,000 in doubloons.  Still a nice haul but nowhere near as nice as day one.  I feel like this has happened to me in past years as well...

Members
180 posts
2,725 battles
1 hour ago, cgbosn4 said:

Honestly I think they keep track of who buys what & when.

I'm 100% sure they do.  To not have measures in place that track rewards received and analyze how that impacts future purchases would be totally incompetent. Whether they are tailoring things based on individual player behaviour is an open question.

It's also entirely possible they have multiple player groups with different drop rates.  The way machine learning works is by trial-and-erroring through massive data sets.  As far as we know, they may many different sample sets of players assigned different experimental drop rates to see what strategy yields the optimal revenue result. 

We have no way of generating reliable statistical data on this because we have no idea if/when they are adjusting overall drop rates, if they change individual drop rates dynamically based on player behaviour, and even whether all players actually share the same drop rate. 

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

Interesting data. So about 10% drop chance for ships. I think Flamu only got 1 ship out of 60, cant remember. Its gotta be frustrating for folks buying 20, 40 or 60 mega crates and only getting a few ships overall. Last year I bought 40 of the mega and got a handful of ships (MK, Kami were the best). I am willing to do the same this year, however, since they took premium time out of the crates I need to wait and see what happens with WOWS premium before I commit to spending my yearly wows budget on just crates when I also need premium time out of that.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
543 posts
13,209 battles
4 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Interesting data. So about 10% drop chance for ships. I think Flamu only got 1 ship out of 60, cant remember. Its gotta be frustrating for folks buying 20, 40 or 60 mega crates and only getting a few ships overall. Last year I bought 40 of the mega and got a handful of ships (MK, Kami were the best). I am willing to do the same this year, however, since they took premium time out of the crates I need to wait and see what happens with WOWS premium before I commit to spending my yearly wows budget on just crates when I also need premium time out of that.

Seems the chances of getting the New Year cammo are disproportionately higher than all other drop items too.

After getting overloaded with Frosty Fir Tree last year, this is making me even more hesitant to pull the trigger and get a set of 20 Megas.

Sign in to follow this