Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Enemy carrier death boredom..

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,034
Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles

I do like to watch a match till it's end and then look at the numbers but I sure do get bored when the reds just have their carrier left alive and your team has plenty of ships left and it's only a matter of time till they close on it and kill it and you win.  But gee it can sure take a looooong time sometimes when your ships are far away. Boring. Is there a solution to this?  Insofar as I am concerned it's very tedious when it's a given that your team has the numbers to definitely kill it but they often have to go on a long cruse to get in range. Thoughts?  Can this tedium be sped up somehow? Maybe? Maybe you don't agree!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,482
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,545 posts
12,222 battles

try playing music and have a comic book handy, that's what I do. oh and don't forget some snacks!:cap_popcorn:

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,901 posts
6,012 battles

Yup its boring alright...My imaginary solution I had written before on some of the CV threads was that the CV should have unlimited short range planes to defend itself for protection and escape if possible. HOW? you say ?  Let me add that those short range planes are not the same as the long range planes which are depleted as in this case.  

Well the short range planes  would have limited radius to travel and time in the air. They can also have SMOKE to conceal the CV as well as confuse the enemy.  The CV captain could have manual AA guns which he could aim himself to make a last stand and at least not just be a easy target.   I'm thinking the short range planes will be played RTS style not third person style to keep it simple.  With this solution the CV captain can be pretty busy I would think..

 

langley-smoke.jpg

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[M_S]
Members
287 posts
3,858 battles

If you are deplaned, you have to prepare for the inevitable, right?

First off, get into a good position to open up your secondaries, picking enemies one by one. Then, maneuver because your opponents will shoot at you. Rinse and repeat, and you should be able to do something.

In the meanwhile, watch videos of carrier brawls to learn what I mean. Also, the smoke planes from above will help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,034
Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles
27 minutes ago, dionkraft said:

Yup its boring alright...My imaginary solution I had written before on some of the CV threads was that the CV should have unlimited short range planes to defend itself for protection and escape if possible. HOW? you say ?  Let me add that those short range planes are not the same as the long range planes which are depleted as in this case.  

Well the short range planes  would have limited radius to travel and time in the air. They can also have SMOKE to conceal the CV as well as confuse the enemy.  The CV captain could have manual AA guns which he could aim himself to make a last stand and at least not just be a easy target.   I'm thinking the short range planes will be played RTS style not third person style to keep it simple.  With this solution the CV captain can be pretty busy I would think..

 

langley-smoke.jpg

Not sure if this is solution but by golly you have some ideas! :Smile_honoring:  I sure don't,,,,,, I just know that carrier end-game can be a huge drag. Not always but way to much of the time IMO.

Edited by dmckay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,034
Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles
1 hour ago, BladedPheonix said:

try playing music and have a comic book handy, that's what I do. oh and don't forget some snacks!:cap_popcorn:

SNACKS!  Hell I ate a 5 course meal once waiting for a carrier to finally get killed....:Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,910
[RKLES]
Members
9,028 posts
10,828 battles
2 hours ago, dmckay said:

I do like to watch a match till it's end and then look at the numbers but I sure do get bored when the reds just have their carrier left alive and your team has plenty of ships left and it's only a matter of time till they close on it and kill it and you win.  But gee it can sure take a looooong time sometimes when your ships are far away. Boring. Is there a solution to this?  Insofar as I am concerned it's very tedious when it's a given that your team has the numbers to definitely kill it but they often have to go on a long cruse to get in range. Thoughts?  Can this tedium be sped up somehow? Maybe? Maybe you don't agree!

Well there is one funnlittle idea they could add to Random battles to spice it up for you...

ED55B3B9-6ADF-4F4A-9702-5F4889DA841A.jpeg.171c3d63596e916c0ee01fa7efdd4f11.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,901 posts
6,012 battles
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

Not sure if this is solution but by golly you have some ideas! :Smile_honoring:  I sure don't,,,,,, I just know that carrier end-game can be a huge drag. Not always but way to much of the time IMO.

Thank you for the compliment SIR!  Yeah I got some ideas and I think many do as well but in the end it will be up to WG to decide how and where this will all go for the CV rework.    I'm not holding my breath as I was on reddit and it was pretty negative insofar as the CV process was going downhill.  I guess we will all have to wait in the coming months to see what the next to final product will be like.   No matter what..HAPPY HOLIDAYS! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9 posts
2,372 battles

You don't have to watch the rest of the game to see the battle report.  Just exit to port after you die and do something else.  When the battle is over, you can find the results by clicking the "i" icon in the bottom right corner of the port screen.  It'll show the recent battles from your session, click on the battle and you can see the scores.

As someone who is often that lone CV, I hate it when dead teammates stay to watch the rest of the battle and rip on me for playing the game out.  I've even had a few dead teammates broadcast my location to the red team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×