You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BlackLancer2014na

Got detonated but still had more than 75% of starting HP

10 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
1,255 battles

Hi There!

I had a game with my Haida where I got detonated by a broadside salvo from a Kongo at close range. When that happened, my HP bar was still green and close to full HP.  My question is how could that have happened when the game was changed not too long ago to prevent ships with at least 75% of their starting HP from getting detonated?

[WORX]
Members
4,226 posts
15,313 battles

Do you have the Pic or any video evidence to help us help you ?? If not then you had less then %75 when the Det happen.

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
437 posts
7,510 battles
4 minutes ago, BlackLancer2014na said:

Hi There! 

I had a game with my Haida where I got detonated by a broadside salvo from a Kongo at close range. When that happened, my HP bar was still green and close to full HP.  My question is how could that have happened when the game was changed not too long ago to prevent ships with at least 75% of their starting HP from getting detonated?

chances are, you were hit by more than one shell.

Not really sure without screenshots.

The first shell likely took a chunk of your HP and the following shell detonated you.

Now, just to make sure, this is a "Detonation" from a single shell at nearly full health (without repairing... if Haida has that) right? Not a "Devastating Strike"?

Edited by Levits

Members
5 posts
1,255 battles

I would've loved to have a replay of the game to prove this but unfortunately I do not. So to be clear, yes this was a detonation. I got flags afterwards. And yes I was hit by more than one shell. So you're saying that multiple shell hits are evaluated sequentially even if they come from one salvo? That would explain it. I'm just disappointed as I thought I wouldn't get detonated from a single salvo while I had more than 75% of my HP.

Edited by BlackLancer2014na
grammar nazi

[5D]
Members
2,758 posts
16,718 battles
39 minutes ago, BlackLancer2014na said:

I would've loved to have a replay of the game to prove this but unfortunately I do not. So to be clear, yes this was a detonation. I got flags afterwards. And yes I was hit by more than one shell. So you're saying that multiple shell hits are evaluated sequentially even if they come from one salvo? That would explain it. I'm just disappointed as I thought I wouldn't get detonated from a single salvo while I had more than 75% of my HP.

Everyone has replays now in a folder in the game file. It happened a patch or two ago & keeps your last 30 battles.

Find your World of Warships folder in the C: drive and then go to the replays folder.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,445 posts
11,347 battles

Damage is applied first and then the detonation chance is checked. You took damage that took you below 75% and then the detonation happened. What this 75% rule does is reduce but not eliminate full/near full health detonations.

[SALVO]
Members
21,032 posts
21,114 battles
1 hour ago, Levits said:

chances are, you were hit by more than one shell.

Not really sure without screenshots.

The first shell likely took a chunk of your HP and the following shell detonated you.

Now, just to make sure, this is a "Detonation" from a single shell at nearly full health (without repairing... if Haida has that) right? Not a "Devastating Strike"?

^This.  100% this.

Members
5 posts
1,255 battles
5 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Damage is applied first and then the detonation chance is checked. You took damage that took you below 75% and then the detonation happened. What this 75% rule does is reduce but not eliminate full/near full health detonations.

If this is true though, then ships can still detonate from the first hit they take if the damage from that is more than 25% of their starting HP.  And here I thought that's what the fix was made for: to prevent players from getting detonated by the first shot that hits them. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,445 posts
11,347 battles
7 hours ago, BlackLancer2014na said:

If this is true though, then ships can still detonate from the first hit they take if the damage from that is more than 25% of their starting HP.  And here I thought that's what the fix was made for: to prevent players from getting detonated by the first shot that hits them. 

Correct, it is damage followed by detonation so it can happen.

[SFBG]
Members
1,602 posts
8,485 battles
7 hours ago, BlackLancer2014na said:

The fix was made to prevent a full health detonation by that one random shell that strays into your magazine from what was mostly a miss by the enemy player.  (which is highly frustrating)

If someone hits you with 25+ % damage, and then one of the shells happens to detonate your magazine.....  well then they got you.