You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Angel_With_A_Shotgun

What ever WG did to the T8 MM it made it worse.

64 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
807 posts
4,435 battles

I keep getting game after game that is DOMINATED by T10 ships, in contrast to how it used to be where there was some 10's some 9s and some 8s. This isnt fun, its frustrating as hell when my T8 ships are constantly having to run for their lives from all the T10s with uber modules that WG thought were great ideas. 

I don't know what they did, but most of my games look like these, I get maybe one out of 10 thats anything remotely resembling a decent game anymore. WG needs to take another look at this fix and take the time to get it right. 

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.11.28 - 20.28.06.60.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.12.10 - 20.54.10.95.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
820 posts
7,369 battles

To be fair when it first changed my first few games mirrored the OPs. I can't say that's been the case at all of late. 

T8 and more so T9 I'm usually the highest tier. I find this MM surpasses the previous one. 

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
807 posts
4,435 battles
Just now, _greifer said:

To be fair when it first changed my first few games mirrored the OPs. I can't say that's been the case at all of late. 

T8 and more so T9 I'm usually the highest tier. I find this MM surpasses the previous one. 

Great, and Ive been stuck in T10 after T10 after T10 game when attempting to play anything in the T8 bracket. 

[INTEL]
Members
10,247 posts
28,723 battles
16 hours ago, Angel_With_A_Shotgun said:

I keep getting game after game that is DOMINATED by T10 ships, in contrast to how it used to be where there was some 10's some 9s and some 8s. This isnt fun, its frustrating as hell when my T8 ships are constantly having to run for their lives from all the T10s with uber modules that WG thought were great ideas. 

Start tracking the numbers and see after 100 games how many you've been uptiered. Since the new MM was rolled out I have 31 T8 games and have been top tier 15 times. It's too early to say definitively that there's been a change, but its striking. 

You're a solid player, so managing a  T10 match in your T8 bote shouldn't be a problem for you. But I agree its tedious AF to be constantly uptiered into T10 matches.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
807 posts
4,435 battles
Just now, Taichunger said:

Start tracking the numbers and see after 100 games how many you've been uptiered. Since the new MM was rolled out I have 31 T8 games and have been top tier 15 times. It's too early to say definitively that there's been a change, but its striking. 

You're a solid player, so managing a  T10 match in your T8 bote shouldn't be a problem for you. But I agree its tedious AF to be constantly uptiered into T10 matches.

I can do it, but its just not anything resembling fun. I like to play games to relax a bit. Ill take your advice on this though and start keeping a record of my next 100 games. Thanks for the suggestion. ^^'

[H_]
Members
2,173 posts

We've been keeping track of whatever the heck WG did do?  We started seeing a lessening of majority Tier 10 matches and then, a week later, we're back to being the low tier ships most of the time??   For me and my clan mates, we can play with tier 10 ships and do ok.....  For us, we'd like to be the top tier to see if we can change how we organize ourselves as a division with the firepower advantage for a change.  Otherwise, we are compelled to act in support of efforts as weaker combatants versus controlling the battlespace and determining OPTEMPO.....    For us, it's that simple.

Fun, we have either way.  The issue is that we can't practice being the major combatants if we never are the major combatants.....  We rarely see our Tier 8 ships dominant. 

Beta Testers
1,595 posts
8,188 battles

My experience with the new MM has been quite positive.  Went on a t8 spree and saw top tier enough that I actually brought out my secondary specced Bismark.

On the other hand, it's likely that all of our impressions, positive and negative are subject to bias unless we've actually been taking note.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Members
660 posts
8,382 battles

Tbh I think t5 has the worst mm of all the tiers, for instance, I bet if we were to run a sample of games over a 50 game period doing just t8 youd get a large majority being top tier over you seeing t10, its just we usually may get one or two games as t8 bottom tier and think and get frustrated and assume that is t8 mm in general.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,691 posts
11,727 battles

I've been recording my Vanguard and Cossack games, before the change for Vanguard but only after it for Cossack.

Recording the tier as the max tier (so 8 means top, 9 means mid and 10 means bottom) I found -

• Vanguard had an average tier of 9.27 before the change, and 9.06 after it. That is overall a positive movement, 9 would be bottom/top perfectly equally so it's still slightly unfavorable MM
  • The Vanguard bottom-mid-top % split before was 55/17/28, and after 41/22/37. It's not just being top tier more, but also being mid-tier a bit more frequently
  • Cossack had an average tier (all post-change) of 9.05, pretty consistent with Vanguard
  • The Cossack % split is 39/26/35 on 43 games
  • Cossack had 3 games with just T7-T8 which I thought was unusual

Overall, by looking solely at max tier I've found things have improved on a smallish sample (18 old games, 85 new). For the break-down of how many T8's there were in T10's I've not investigated though it has 'felt' worse.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
2 hours ago, Angel_With_A_Shotgun said:

I don't know what they did, but most of my games look like these, I get maybe one out of 10 thats anything remotely resembling a decent game anymore. WG needs to take another look at this fix and take the time to get it right. 

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.11.28 - 20.28.06.60.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.12.10 - 20.54.10.95.png

With me it happens in Co-op as well as Random. I'm either the lone tier 8 or one of 2 tier 8s facing a crapload of XXXXXXXXXX. I'm at the point where I wont drive my tier 8s even in Co-Op. It's no fun and It's [edited]ridiculous.

It'll probably remain this way for the next 2 years with WG telling us that this corruption of the MM is working just fine until they come up with another worthless brainfart that sucks the fun out of the game.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,696 posts
12,360 battles

I told everyone be careful what they wished for when they were complaining about the MM, now instead of have 3-4 t8 ships in t10 matches your getting 1, so yes less t8's in t10 games but more t10 games with 1 t8, so those who wanted the change and fought here on the forums for the change, now you have what you wanted.

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
9 posts
5,055 battles

I am in total agreement that the MM needs to be fixed.  Being consistently sucked into T10 games while playing T8 ships has gotten out of control.  There is no fun in having to hang back and let the T10's slug it out, and god forbid you actually try to support your team and then the next thing you know you have been hit by a T10 ship and half your health is gone or your dead from a devastating strike.  It is going to get to the point that I will not play my T8 ships any longer and that sucks.  My honest thought on how to fix this is simple, once you reach say T7 then MM should limit the game to ONE TIER UP and DOWN, this will ensure that T10's are only against T10's or T9's who stand a much better chance of surviving a game.   By doing this I feel the games will be more enjoyable for everyone playing......except for the T10 players who love to get the easy XP and CREDITS off of the outgunned player who got sucked into their game.  

• Cool 2

[-BUI-]
Members
1,325 posts
3,423 battles

Please WG, just seclude T10 to itself please.   T10 only fights T10.    

This fixes everything.

1:  Matchmaking is fixed, having T9 being the highest for MM, since 7-9 is better balanced anyway, and the Tier 8 players will finally have a comfortable playing experience on a consistent basis.

2:  T10 means more, because it is its own thing, Legendary Modules and all, its more of a status symbol because its exclusive.

3:  Allows WG more flexibility in new T10 ships in the future to push the boundaries of top tier power creed without negatively impacting lower tiers.

4:  Keeps wallet warriors who buy a Jean Bart from negatively influencing T10 games they might not understand.

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
462 posts
4,648 battles

I agree with the OP nothing has changed since the supposed fix.

T10 cl/ca have power crept way past older T10 BB and cruisers.

T9-T10 should be limited to there own cue, even if it means smaller teams.

[TAC-B]
Beta Testers
160 posts
10,983 battles

The changes have made it worse, not better for T8 play.  Existing thread, with some numbers:  https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/175820-711-mm-improvements-for-t8ssupposedly/?tab=comments#comment-4133715

Not only has the prevalence of T10 games gone up for T8 ships, post 7.11, there seem to be more situations than previously where the T8s in those T10 battles are very few in number, and so the imbalance is doubly worse, now.

What WG could/should do is to post numbers for each tier, as to what their goals for MM are, and numbers as to what the servers have delivered, with numbers broken out pre-7.11 and current.   

In the absence of information, it would seem fair that a ship should expect to see equal distribution of all possible tiering, (in the absence of fail-platooning etc.)  That is, a ship that can see three battle-tiers would, over time, expect to see 1/3 of their battles in each battle tier, a ship that only can see two battle-tiers would see a 50/50 mix, etc.

RE: MM mix T8/T9/T10 battles, my T8s were seeing 33/12/55 before the 7.11 patch and are seeing something like 20/20/60 since.  Neither are good/reasonable, and there is no evidence of improvement.

Beta Testers
9 posts
5,055 battles

Not sure what the chances of them actually reading these posts and doing something about it are but I see it getting worse.  The last T8 BB I played and got sucked into a T10 game I did what I normally have to do, hang back and watch.  Then I started getting bashed in the chat for doing that.  When I tried to explain the situation I had several T10 players threaten to report me......where is the fun in that?  Think it is frustrating for everyone.  I agree with Zenn3k, keep T10 has the prestigious Tier for those that want to top out and play strictly T10.

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
5,227 posts
3,049 battles
13 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

I agree with the OP nothing has changed since the supposed fix.

T10 cl/ca have power crept way past older T10 BB and cruisers.

T9-T10 should be limited to there own cue, even if it means smaller teams.

Due to the large numbers of T8 and T10 (and the small number of T9) in the que at any time, the only way MM can change for T8 is eliminate them from T10 completely (Either T10 only or T9 & T10 only).

Either one is going to make T8 predominately top-tier (Even in mid tier, there will be more T8 than T9 due to the low number of T9).

T7 will no longer be the "fun" tier.

I don't see where this does anything but change where the gripes will be coming from (with or without removing the T4 protection).

Beta Testers
9 posts
5,055 battles

In response to DrHolmes52 I really don't think there will be a ton of gripes from T6 and 7 players about T8's being the top of MM.  T8 is relatively easy to achieve without costing an arm and a leg to purchase and play.  T6, 7 and 8 are all able to play together and hold their own for the most part, they do not have the HUGE gap that T8 and T10's have.

[WAG]
Members
1,714 posts
9,491 battles

This has been argued about for .. well years.. and it isn't going to change. WG has said that point blank many times. You will also note that threads like this are not acknowledged or addressed..... we are in an effective vacuum.

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
462 posts
4,648 battles
8 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

This has been argued about for .. well years.. and it isn't going to change. WG has said that point blank many times. You will also note that threads like this are not acknowledged or addressed..... we are in an effective vacuum.

They also said there would never be subs.:cap_cool:

Beta Testers
9 posts
5,055 battles

Well, I guess when the majority of players stop playing the T8's and the games of the upper tiers get smaller or they start receiving tons of complaints from T10 players about T8's hanging back then maybe they will look back at this unimportant thread and figure out why!

[WAG]
Members
1,714 posts
9,491 battles
38 minutes ago, SoulxEater said:

Well, I guess when the majority of players stop playing

..end your sentence there...  when people stop playing .. period.. then what?   If the consumers of a product no longer buy it, then what? 

Beta Testers
9 posts
5,055 battles

When they limit the playing to T7 to stop being pulled into T10 games.  Just played my first T8 game today, sucked right into a T10 game, I was the only T8 player matched with another on the other side.  It's getting old quick.