You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

[PSA] HMS Dreadnought Mission

62 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
1,433 posts

Have you kept an eye on the count of your daily "chain" missions?  Remember, you need to complete 40 by the end of December to receive HMS Dreadnought and 3 Point Commander.  Beginning tomorrow, there are only 21 days left in the month, or 42 missions max.

Original Mission:

History:

800px-Dreadnought_wows_main.jpg

• Cool 3

[WOLF9]
Members
9,414 posts
4,243 battles

I've gotten 17 (of 18 possible) done so far.   I'll probably hate the bote.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,445 posts
11,347 battles

I am not worried and i will probably miss getting it for free but even as fubar'd as my budget is I will be able to swing the $10 or so it will cost in the shop.

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,958 posts
2,812 battles

This is going to be a hard slog for me.  In a normal month I complete maybe 15 of these dailies.  I work long hours and don't have that much free time.  Most of my posting on the forums happens at work.  Right now I am at at 16 completed.  I've found that it takes about 3-4 hours of play in a day to get both tasks done.  Three more days of doing both and I'll be able to get HMS Dreadnought just by doing the easy step for the rest of the month.  If I manage any more of the second stage I can even finish early or take a day off.

Members
1,205 posts
3,161 battles

I haven't played much recently, and Dreadnought just isn't a ship I'm interested in. And 40 missions for a tier 3? It's a pass from me...

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,424 posts
14,743 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

the $10 or so it will cost in the shop

Assuming they ever offer it without attached Vanguard.

[EQRN]
Members
1,137 posts
11,721 battles

Doing the first one is quick and easy, note you do not have to win!  You can fail your way through it!  It's the second one, with along with higher base xp required, that you have to win.  Play a little more on weekends and the second one is doable as well.  40 isn't the time sink it appears at first glance.  But holidays, travel and family, I get that takes precedence. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,445 posts
11,347 battles
8 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Assuming they ever offer it without attached Vanguard.

I would think they will either in the shop or in the tech tree.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,713 posts
11,758 battles

2 per day is a pain in the neck.

Not allowing CB to count for it is also absolutely obnoxious. If you play CB for a decent period then the prospect of toodling off to play at minimum 6 more games (with 100% WR on 3 of them) is just annoying. You can complete in coop, but not CB... erm...

• Cool 3

[VW]
Members
2,647 posts
14,740 battles
1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

This is going to be a hard slog for me.  In a normal month I complete maybe 15 of these dailies.  I work long hours and don't have that much free time.  Most of my posting on the forums happens at work.  Right now I am at at 16 completed.  I've found that it takes about 3-4 hours of play in a day to get both tasks done.  Three more days of doing both and I'll be able to get HMS Dreadnought just by doing the easy step for the rest of the month.  If I manage any more of the second stage I can even finish early or take a day off.

Remember you can grind it in coop. It’s a guaranteed win even though the xp is lower. Also you can do it in halloween scenario, here a win is harder to come by if solo, but one win gives enough xp for one segment of the daily missions, so in theory you can finish both in six games.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,722 posts
20,718 battles

I have played the game every day since I started, missing only one day when my internet went out. Getting the dailies done can be a slog in PvE because of the low pay out and can be a hassle in PvP because a win is required. You can get them done quickly in OPs if you can find a group to division with. Personally some OPs are better than others, I prefer Dynamo and keep a special captain and my Sims spec'd for this OP. I love it because you can do it with 4 players so you don't need a full division unlike many of the other OPs. It is a fairly easy mission so you can deck out your ships with full signals and rare camos to maximize your earnings. I generally play a couple of hours in co-op grinding whatever ships I am trying to advance and that gets me thru the first daily and started on the second one. Playing Dynamo twice, will finish it off quickly and hassle free. The upside is the superb earnings over the other play modes. I expect if you just did Dynamo three or four times, it would compete both daily missions in around one hour of playing.

Members
310 posts
6,861 battles
2 hours ago, DocWalker said:

Have you kept an eye on the count of your daily "chain" missions?  Remember, you need to complete 40 by the end of December to receive HMS Dreadnought and 3 Point Commander.  Beginning tomorrow, there are only 21 days left in the month, or 42 missions max. 

Original Mission:

History:

800px-Dreadnought_wows_main.jpg

Not sure I'm going to make it being as I'm only 12 of 40.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

I have 20 done as of today. If I make it and get Dredd, fine. If not, oh well. She'll probably wind up as a Port Queen anyway.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,958 posts
2,812 battles
Just now, monpetitloup said:

Remember you can grind it in coop. It’s a guaranteed win even though the xp is lower. Also you can do it in halloween scenario, here a win is harder to come by if solo, but one win gives enough xp for one segment of the daily missions, so in theory you can finish both in six games.

Yeah, I use co-op for the first two, but after that I go to Random.  I want to advance my ships too.  And, as happened to me on Sunday night, in Random you can get the second stage done in three battles.  Mogami is a monster at times.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,958 posts
2,812 battles
Just now, FrodoFraggin said:

Doing the first one is quick and easy, note you do not have to win!  You can fail your way through it!  It's the second one, with along with higher base xp required, that you have to win.  Play a little more on weekends and the second one is doable as well.  40 isn't the time sink it appears at first glance.  But holidays, travel and family, I get that takes precedence. 

You do have to win for the final stage of the first one.

[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles
6 hours ago, Helstrem said:

in Random you can get the second stage done in three battles

But if you fail, you've blown 20 minutes. And I have had teams fail on me and blow the win too often.

I do it the other way around: I play the first couple of games in Randoms, where losses don't matter, then switch to co-op!

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
5,190 posts
11,795 battles
20 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

But if you fail, you've blown 20 minutes. And I have had teams fail on me and blow the win too often.

I do it the other way around: I play the first couple of games in Randoms, where losses don't matter, then switch to co-op!

But, the first two stages of Mission 1 have very low XP requirements.  One Co-op game each should fulfill them, and at a fraction of the time.  So, my first two games are in Co-op, then I'll mess about a bit in Random (if I have the time) for the higher XP requirements.  Unless I don't have a lot of time to gamble with, in which case I'll stay in Co-op for the assured wins.

Edited by desmo_2

[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

One Co-op game should fulfill them, and at a fraction of the time.

It should, but I don't mind a random game or two to chip away at various grinds.

[PVE]
Members
8,807 posts
15,622 battles
9 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I've gotten 17 (of 18 possible) done so far.   I'll probably hate the bote.

You missed a day there as I have 19 done out of 20 possible not counting today. Had some IRL stuff come up so I only got 1 Daily Mission Chain done on one of the days. Other than that 2 everyday. 

Have to say this seems like a LOT of work (ie; games played) for a T3 ship. I have a lot of IRL stuff coming up so I probably won't make it despite a good start. It just takes too long to do the 2nd Mission Chain each day for me..

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles
26 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

a T3 ship

Not just a T3 battleship; she's THE T3 battleship. We all want the D and Wargaming knows it. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

Members
178 posts
3,473 battles

Just checked im sitting at 9. Really though, all youve gotta do is play an hour or so per day, it seems to cover at least 1 or 2 a day. Not necessarily a grind fest

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
4,055 posts
16,036 battles

I am at 22 done and in Coop just doing what I would normally do 

• Cool 1