You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
The_first_harbinger

Twilight battle: What's your favorite?

What's your favorite shi- I mean sea monster?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite, ASIDE from bacon?

• Leviathan - Get quick scoped, noob.
    • Octopus - Here, stop dying before I burn him down, okay?
    • Ghoul - You can't kill me, you can't spot me, and you just ate my tops.
    • Varg - RAMMING SPEED!!!!!
    • Scarab - Strike me with all of your hatred, and I'll become ever stronger.
    • Razorworm - YEEEET!!
    • Steel Rat - Queue angelic music, your savior is here.
    • RA RA RASPUTIN

6 comments in this topic

[SPTR]
Members
3,636 posts
6,534 battles

Hello, fleet!
As update 0.7.12 beckons near, the seas in the realm of twilight shall run red!
Many captains have already earned all of the champions of the filth, through great determination and perseverance, and a question arises.

What is your favorite tool of destruction? Which sea monster deserves the title of hegemon in your heart? And why?

My favorite is the Leviathan. The ability to decisively smite down careless adversaries with one precise salvo is something I will miss when the twilight battle season comes to an end. The ability to carry the momentum, healing the team around you only adds to my adoration for the ship.

What about you? Please share with us!

Edited by The_first_harbinger

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,321 posts
11,303 battles

Not playing that mode is my favorite tool. I played a couple of matches in it when it was on the PT and said that it was too much.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
5,200 posts
15,552 battles

I played maybe 5 games in the Twilight Battles and after realizing it would take 50 Wins to unlock Raspy, a ship that will go away next patch. I decided I had better things to do in Randoms. Haven't played a Twilight Battle since. 

Randoms still a better battle mode than Twilight. 

:cap_cool:

[SUPRS]
Members
559 posts
3,080 battles

I don't do any of them now. no reason to. and they sucked. also I refuse to play a dd. I did a few in the bb but they sucked. what is the reward? I never got one so idk. and idc.

[-DWP-]
Members
3 posts
653 battles

Seriously you guys? Twilight mode has been some of the most fun for me! xD It does everything normal Randoms wouldn't even attempt. One of my overall favorite things about the mode in general is the ever shrinking size of the 'safe' battlefield, which if left long enough, will force everyone into a general brawling range. Having started out as a German BB captain, this is music to my playstyle and why the invincible Varg is my favorite (aside from it being a Bismarck in disguise).

Also, my Twilight mode matches on average have given me more credits than any high-tier Random win-streak. And because the commanders are all maxed out, you get free elite comm. xp as you go.

One last thing that's also great: Because of how few ships there are, you can quickly figure what each ship's strengths and weaknesses are, and who's priority #1 for focus-fire. Same goes for the map itself. And the ships (except Ras anyways...) are all well balanced to each other and are always the same tier, something you'll never find in higher (but not top) tier Randoms...

I'll miss being able to sail up to the whole enemy fleet and laugh their broadsides and torpstorms with a single 15 sec. ability, but that's why it's only a fantasy sub-game...

Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles
On 12/15/2018 at 5:07 AM, mtboy6698 said:

Seriously you guys? Twilight mode has been some of the most fun for me! xD It does everything normal Randoms wouldn't even attempt. One of my overall favorite things about the mode in general is the ever shrinking size of the 'safe' battlefield, which if left long enough, will force everyone into a general brawling range. Having started out as a German BB captain, this is music to my playstyle and why the invincible Varg is my favorite (aside from it being a Bismarck in disguise).

Also, my Twilight mode matches on average have given me more credits than any high-tier Random win-streak. And because the commanders are all maxed out, you get free elite comm. xp as you go.

One last thing that's also great: Because of how few ships there are, you can quickly figure what each ship's strengths and weaknesses are, and who's priority #1 for focus-fire. Same goes for the map itself. And the ships (except Ras anyways...) are all well balanced to each other and are always the same tier, something you'll never find in higher (but not top) tier Randoms...

I'll miss being able to sail up to the whole enemy fleet and laugh their broadsides and torpstorms with a single 15 sec. ability, but that's why it's only a fantasy sub-game...

Got to agree with all of this.  I shunned them at first as well because I thought it was silly but it's actually pretty fun and that elite commander xp is delicious.  I basically do these as a warm up now to get my gunnery eye calibrated :cap_rambo:

Unless you're really pressed for time, I don't see why you wouldn't want to run a few of them for the daily bonus and the elite commander xp.

On a side note, I know that the Levi is a North Carolina class and the Varg is a Bismarck class but does anyone know what the others are?