You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
commodore_torakula

Why not be able to trade ships WG?

31 comments in this topic

Members
1,336 posts
10,161 battles

....I was spitballing with people in the chat channel about stuff and something I've thought of before came up--why can't we trade ships to each other between accounts?....I've got ships that didn't work out for me and I'd gladly make trades.

....Of course, I get that it'd hurt WG sales to do this, essentially.

....Then someone said, "Well, why not be able to do it for a fee or a trading tax?"

Good idea, I thought.  I still don't know if it's feasible, but given something like a 30-50% fee on the value of the two ships being traded assessed to each user, it'd be like selling another ship to WG, right?

....So why not?

[CRMSN]
Members
8,255 posts
8,702 battles

You already said it: Money. That's it, that's all. They want the value they want. Whether I agree or not isn't relevant, I'm simply stating how it works.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,949 posts
14,557 battles

"Here, I'll sell you my Yamato for $20 through my Chinese bank account."

That's why WG doesn't allow the trading / gifting of ships.

[OBS]
Members
189 posts
747 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

"Here, I'll sell you my Yamato for $20 through my Chinese bank account."

That's why WG doesn't allow the trading / gifting of ships.

Then make trading region only. This could be a huge money maker for what. Monitizing free ships. It costs u 500 dubs to trade a tier 5. 1000 dubs for a six. What gets money, the grinders get money. Heck they already have xpee ships in lootboxes. Wg could make stupid money off of this.

[SYN]
Members
15,332 posts
12,337 battles

I got a Stalingrad that I will sell to you for tree fiddy

• Funny 2

[SYN]
Members
15,332 posts
12,337 battles
Just now, Mothermoy said:

Then make trading region only. This could be a huge money maker for what. Monitizing free ships. It costs u 500 dubs to trade a tier 5. 1000 dubs for a six. What gets money, the grinders get money. Heck they already have xpee ships in lootboxes. Wg could make stupid money off of this.

You know you can easily create an account on another server, yeah?

There's no region locking, so I can connect to the EU or SEA server from NA

Members
1,336 posts
10,161 battles

for starters, they DO allow gifting...I've gifted people premium time and you can buy ships as gifts...but that's not the point.

....I don't mean buying from someone's acct. through a 3rd party, I'm talking about trading through WG auspices.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
179 posts
6,693 battles

2 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

for starters, they DO allow gifting...I've gifted people premium time and you can buy ships as gifts...but that's not the point.

....I don't mean buying from someone's acct. through a 3rd party, I'm talking about trading through WG auspices.

That's different. To gift something, you have to pay for it with real money. In-game goods can be earned by using free exp, or just grinding through battles. Do you really want to have a bunch of bots running around?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,121 posts

This would open a whole can of worms on both hacking, gambling, and unfair practices.

"I'll let you join our clan if you give me your Gremmy."

And then with will be a couple more magnitudes of tickets filed for liars and cheats.

So you have your ships..  and maybe some real lucky rare ones from Santa crates...  THEY ARE YOURS TO ENJOY.

If your request comes true, I see a whole lot of accounts being assembled for the sole purpose of selling on Ebay. 

As fast as you can yell, 'HEY!', these folks will have your premium ships stripped off your account and propped up for sale as a second account for a cool grand.

Let's not create a doorway where there shouldn't be.

• Cool 1

Members
1,336 posts
10,161 battles
1 minute ago, Rocketmandb said:

That's different. To gift something, you have to pay for it with real money. In-game goods can be earned by using free exp, or just grinding through battles. Do you really want to have a bunch of bots running around?

....but I'm talking about giving WG real money to make the trade.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,949 posts
14,557 battles
8 minutes ago, Mothermoy said:

Then make trading region only.

You don't understand. WG has absolutely nothing to do with my Chinese bank account. That's just between you and me. I'll gift you / trade you for 15 credits, my Yamato, when I receive your payment of $20. Then I'll just buy a Yamato back with my 700m+ credits and do the whole thing again with some other sucker.

[OBS]
Members
189 posts
747 battles
Just now, Lert said:

You don't understand. WG has absolutely nothing to do with my Chinese bank account. That's just between you and me. I'll gift you / trade you for 15 credits, my Yamato, when I receive your payment of $20. Then I'll just buy a Yamato back with my 700m+ credits and do the whole thing again with some other sucker.

Oh but my friend all my buddies here at wargaming made a special currency you can only buy with real money. To trade a ship you have to use that currency. So grind away my Chinese friend, we get our piece too....

[HINON]
Supertester
20,949 posts
14,557 battles

So basically you want to be able to buy your way up the tech tree.

[OBS]
Members
189 posts
747 battles

This is all market 101 baby. Wg determine the cost of the trafe. 40 bucks for us to allow you to trade the yammy. Then the market determine retail. Retail in that yammy could be 70 80 bucks. Wargaming gets their piece, the seller gets what the market allows and the buyer gets there product. Make it happen wg

[OBS]
Members
189 posts
747 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

We can already do that now. I bought my way past tier 6 in the Brit DD tech tree and started with the tier 7. I bought my way to tier 8 in murican bb with the NC. Cats already out of the bag.

[5D]
Members
2,753 posts
16,634 battles
Just now, Mothermoy said:

This is all market 101 baby. Wg determine the cost of the trafe. 40 bucks for us to allow you to trade the yammy. Then the market determine retail. Retail in that yammy could be 70 80 bucks. Wargaming gets their piece, the seller gets what the market allows and the buyer gets there product. Make it happen wg

WG wants you to complete the tech trees not trade your way to the top and skip 1/2 of it.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,949 posts
14,557 battles
2 minutes ago, Mothermoy said:

We can already do that now.

Only if you have enough convertible XP, by playing the game a lot on elited / premium ships. You've already put in the hours / games, in this case.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,121 posts
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

Only if you have enough convertible XP, by playing the game a lot on elited / premium ships. You've already put in the hours / games, in this case.

And then there are the 'LEVEL UP' people.

They get you a Tirpitz, then bot it out all night long in Co-Op, to build up XP...   Doubloons to convert...   Boom..  You have a Midway.

[OBS]
Members
189 posts
747 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Nope I got the NC out of a crate. I was stuck on the nm. I got it completely upgraded.

[OBS]
Members
189 posts
747 battles
10 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

And then there are the 'LEVEL UP' people.

They get you a Tirpitz, then bot it out all night long in Co-Op, to build up XP...   Doubloons to convert...   Boom..  You have a Midway.

The botting is a problem. But everything else wg makes their money...so meh...

Edited by Mothermoy

[OBS]
Members
189 posts
747 battles
8 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

WG wants you to complete the tech trees not trade your way to the top and skip 1/2 of it.

No they dont. They made a ton of money on rn crates allowing folks to buy their way up the tech tree. They want your money....

[KRAK]
Members
2,670 posts
17,342 battles
30 minutes ago, Lert said:

You can already do that. Just WG is making the money if they are controlling the sales. Buy a Premium ship and all that xp makes free xp which then can be used to buy your way up the tech tree. 

[HINON]
Supertester
20,949 posts
14,557 battles
2 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Buy a Premium ship and all that xp makes free xp which then can be used to buy your way up the tech tree. 

That's still XP you earned by putting in the hours / games, rather than outright buying your way up the tech tree at whim.

[PLPT]
Members
210 posts
9,924 battles
48 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

I got a Stalingrad that I will sell to you for tree fiddy

I got a Stalingrad that I will sell to you for tree fordy nine

[LEGIT]
Members
1,011 posts
7,831 battles

I just want to buy ARP ships that I missed... For collection purpose.. BUT this wont happen will it? So @Mothermoy if you want to buy ships I suggest you play EVE online.

Edited by Poisonous_Lily