Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
fishin79

T-9 premium DD

36 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
115 posts
6,775 battles

We need a T-9 fxp/coal DD.  We have (and are getting more) BBs and CAs but there are no high tier DDs that are available for fxp or coal.  My suggestion is a Kitakaze clone that has 1/6 pen and two torp launchers (maybe short range hydro as well, like RN DD).  Should be a fun ship and not as frustrating as the Kitakaze/Harugumo can be and it would a decent Capt trainer for IJN DDs (except most would probably want IFHE on it).  

• Cool 2

[KSD]
Members
933 posts
5,798 battles

i dont know how the Neustrashimy will turn out with only 2 gun turrets . meaning at any given of time you can use only 50% of the gun power, or else smoke up, sit full broadside and keep gunning leaving you at a risk of getting torped. not a big fan of this ship, but lets see how they change it. it doesnt even have a super fast torp reload like the germans, that comepnsate for bad guns and lower torp damage. the german DDs have excellent AP shells though

[USCC2]
Members
4,775 posts

I dread how they may butcher a FXP DD release by giving it some horrible gimmick like 75 knot torps, and then make their range 2km! :Smile_teethhappy:

Seriously, I would hope for a good DD with the type of good level performance that previous FXP ships have.  No gimmicks - a Fletcher clone would be fine.

[_RNG_]
Members
701 posts
5,452 battles
1 hour ago, fishin79 said:

We need a T-9 fxp/coal DD.

I concur.

If Neustrashimy is what's in store, I hope it's as good a ship as the Missouri or the Musashi or the Kronshtadt.

And I hope it's priced comparably -- ie I hope it's less than a same tier BB or CA since DDs everywhere else are less than their larger brethren.

• Cool 1

[JASH]
Members
3,721 posts
10,433 battles
29 minutes ago, TheStarSlayer said:

Wouldn't mind a Porter/Somers class.

394sampson_02.jpg

Cheers,

-JB

Porter Class USS Phelps looks cool.

360A.jpg

USS_Phelps_(DD-360)_underway,_circa_in_N

Edited by MrKilmister

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,148 posts
4,628 battles
40 minutes ago, TheStarSlayer said:

Wouldn't mind a Porter/Somers class.

394sampson_02.jpg

Cheers,

-JB

We already have a T9 somers class , it's called the Yueyang

Beta Testers
2,530 posts
21,683 battles
22 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

Yeah  and  now  we  need  the American  version  !  !  !

[SALVO]
Members
21,032 posts
21,114 battles
1 hour ago, lungiwear said:

i dont know how the Neustrashimy will turn out with only 2 gun turrets . meaning at any given of time you can use only 50% of the gun power, or else smoke up, sit full broadside and keep gunning leaving you at a risk of getting torped. not a big fan of this ship, but lets see how they change it. it doesnt even have a super fast torp reload like the germans, that comepnsate for bad guns and lower torp damage. the german DDs have excellent AP shells though

It is a little concerning that the Neustrashimy has only 2 dual gun turrets and (IIRC) 2 racks of torps, with 10k torps.  This seems like it just won't be powerful enough for a tier 9 FXP DD.  Hey, I'm willing to give it a chance, but I am concerned because it just sounds like there's just not enough, shall we say, "meat on the bone" to make a good tier 9 FXP DD.

[SALVO]
Members
21,032 posts
21,114 battles
13 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

Yeah  and  now  we  need  the American  version  !  !  !

What I'd like to see are some premium USN DDs that don't have their torpedo armaments nerfed into oblivion while retaining a decent gun capability.  The Sims and Kidd are largely gunboats with very weak torp armaments, while the Monaghan is (depending on the hull option chosen) either a Farragut or a pure torp boat with nearly no guns.  And IIRC, even the Black's torps are lame as hell (13.7 km range, but a speed of only 43 kts though having a powerful 21.6k warhead).  Why can't any USN premium DDs just be good DDs along the normal tech tree model?  Seriously, the closest one of the bunch is probably the Sims, with her totally weak 49 kt, low damage torps.

EDIT:  Let me add more to this.  Look at the premium DDs of other nations.  They're usually good examples of their nation's DD flavor. 

Russian: Gremmy and Leningrad, both straight up Russian style gunboats, though with better than normal torps.  OTOH, the Othotnik is a little outside the Russian norm.  And yet the Othotnik is still a gunboat and is a very fun DD to play that will work well with Russian DD captains.

German: T-61 and Z-39, both are pretty normal examples of German tech tree DDs.  One with smaller guns, the other with the larger guns.  But both still feel very German and are fairly good with both guns and torps.

Japanese: Kami/Fujin: Before the IJN line split and torp nerf, these DDs were pretty standard IJN torp boats.  And though their torps are pre-nerf quality, they remain very normal examples of IJN torp boats.  Shininome: Another premium DD that is a very normal IJN torp boat.  Asashio:  Aside from her oddball torps, the Asashio is still a very IJN like torp boat.  And the HSF Harekaze, aside from her oddball hull/gun options, she still plays like a very IJN like torp boat, with the A hull being pretty similar to playing a Kagero, IIRC, while the B hull is sort of the love child of a Kagero and an Akizuki.

And then we have the USN premium DDs, which WG seems bound and determined to refuse to give the USN any premium DD that feels like it's at all similar to the normal jack of all trades USN style.  :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
15,332 posts
12,337 battles
46 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

no, that's Allen M. Sumner-class

Porter is a 1933 design that was built with 4x Twin 127mm/38 guns (Surface only) and 2x Quad torpedo mounts, centerline + spares (not to be confused with quick reloads).

Somers-class is a 1935 design that was built with 4x Twin 127mm/38 (Surface only) and 3x Quad torpedo mounts, centerline.

Allen M. Sumner-class is the 1943 YueYang we see in the game, with 3x Twin 127mm/38 DP guns and 2x Quintuple torpedo mounts.

There is also the Bagley-class, which is somewhat related, but that's more like 4x Single 127mm/38 guns and 4x Quad torpedo mounts, but two per side, instead of all centerline.

Edited by MrDeaf

Modder, Beta Testers
1,576 posts
2,652 battles

I always found the Bagley class to be one of the most characterful USN Cans due to the trunked funnel.  I'd love to see it in game.

Members
2,081 posts
78 battles

inb4 they nerf tech-tree Fletcher in some way, and then release a premium Fletcher which basically is the unnerfed version.

[KSD]
Members
933 posts
5,798 battles
35 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

inb4 they nerf tech-tree Fletcher in some way, and then release a premium Fletcher which basically is the unnerfed version.

Dont you dare touch my fletchy

Dont you give them ideas

[WOLF6]
Members
986 posts
3,604 battles
4 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I dread how they may butcher a FXP DD release by giving it some horrible gimmick like 75 knot torps, and then make their range 2km! :Smile_teethhappy:

Seriously, I would hope for a good DD with the type of good level performance that previous FXP ships have.  No gimmicks - a Fletcher clone would be fine.

The Black is kinda like the Fletch though. 

[USCC2]
Members
4,775 posts
4 hours ago, Sumwunskum said:

The Black is kinda like the Fletch though. 

Nope, DD with gimmick: meh radar with absolute dog poop torpedoes. I wouldn't waste FXP on it.

[WOLF3]
Members
20,449 posts
18,810 battles
8 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Look at how Le Terrible turned out.

W

T

F

• Funny 1

[WOLF6]
Members
986 posts
3,604 battles
9 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Nope, DD with gimmick: meh radar with absolute dog poop torpedoes. I wouldn't waste FXP on it.

Maybe. Black's torps/radar are incredibly dangerous around caps and thusly it can really influence a match. Fletcher, with its similar guns and turning, can knife fight and will prove to be potent with it's DFAA if the rework brings more carriers.

[USCC2]
Members
4,775 posts
22 minutes ago, Sumwunskum said:

Maybe. Black's torps/radar are incredibly dangerous around caps and thusly it can really influence a match. Fletcher, with its similar guns and turning, can knife fight and will prove to be potent with it's DFAA if the rework brings more carriers.

I'd take the Fletcher with RPF any day over the Black. Just different preferences I guess. :Smile_honoring:

Sign in to follow this