You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

what goals do you have for each match?

33 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
2,834 posts
8,412 battles

Yes, win, sink enemy ships & do the most damage should be everyone goal. I play for fun but I want to win.

Do you have a set amount of damage you wish to inflict? Score a certain amount of hits? Cap or assist in capping a point? Things you done that makes you feel you contributed to the team.

[WAG]
Members
778 posts
10,070 battles

I don't focus on kills, but doing damage, supporting other ships as well as what is necessary to win. This may be capping, defending caps or base, forcing enemy ships to abandon their goals, etc. I feel I made my contribution if I finish top 3 on my team, or close in points if a very solid team.

[NSEW]
Members
1,101 posts

Ultimately to not lose. Beyond that, depending on the ship I'm using. I typically try to assist in winning the attrition war. The likes to any radar ships that pose a threat for destroyers as a primary focus. Then it trickles down from that slope. Just as an example.

This game although, it may be hard to experience. Will yield great battles, once the teammates work together moving towards the same objective. Whether it be focusing on a threat (or opportunity), or communicating effectively for making our consumables "sing" (Machine gunners will know this) to maximise their use (i.e. hydro, smoke, radar, Def AA). 

[KSD]
Members
933 posts
5,798 battles

whenever I play tier X ships, my primary goal is to do above 100k damage. since I mostly play cruisers, that I achieve almost every game. apart from that, obviously stay alive and try to win, and not expect your team to win for you.

whenever I play DDs, I try to spot for my team, kill enemy DDs and play to the objectives as much as I can. Depends on the team, if its potato then I need to do the killing myself. Also as a DD player, I find the enemy ship that is most distracted and torp him :)

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,424 posts
14,743 battles

1. If I'm doing it for a mission, get the mission done

2. Improve my play

3. Win this match

4. Have fun

All else is just means to one or more of those ends.

Edited by Edgecase

Members
686 posts
5,656 battles
24 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Yes, win, sink enemy ships & do the most damage should be everyone goal. I play for fun but I want to win.

Do you have a set amount of damage you wish to inflict? Score a certain amount of hits? Cap or assist in capping a point? Things you done that makes you feel you contributed to the team.

If I top my team then I was probably doing something right to win the game.

As such, top the team every match. Stay alive as long as I can and influence the game for as long as I can.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
4,227 posts
15,313 battles
27 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Depends on 

• What tier
  • What ship
  • What game mode
  • What map
  • Where I spawned on the map
  • Who am I facing
  • What over capable ships need to be sunk first
  • How many radars are there
  • How many hydros are there

One thing for sure, no two games are ever the same. I can score a 130k DMG mtch and still lose in points OR

I can score 20k take dowwn or help tak down OP ships, cap. IF I die with zero kills but my fleet sinks the DD I help spot, its worth it for the win.

So in the end, it just depends.

Edited by Navalpride33

[INTEL]
Members
10,306 posts
28,801 battles

1 Win

2. Be among top 3 in base XP

3. Exceed my average damage for that ship.

Can usually do two out of three... *sigh*

[TDRB]
Members
2,834 posts
8,412 battles
7 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Depends on 

• What tier
  • What ship
  • What game mode
  • What map
  • Where I spawned on the map
  • Who am I facing
  • What over capable ships need to be sunk first
  • How many radars are there
  • How many hydros are there

One thing for sure, no two games are ever the same. I can score a 130k DMG mtch and still lose in points OR

I can score 20k take dowwn or help tak down OP ships, cap. IF I die with zero kills but my fleet sinks the DD I help spot, its worth it for the win.

So in the end, it just depends.

True and some "for the team" reduces your damage and even gets you sunk.

[SRBL]
Members
245 posts

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Edited by Tom_Greg
  • Cool 3

[RST]
Members
1,863 posts
11,776 battles

My primary goal for any battle is to make sure I don't finish my coffee before the donuts. Timing is everything.

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,285 posts
8,762 battles

All of above, and I try to resist the temptation of turning salty.

Just had a match on Two Brothers, and it's me in my Mass with four other ships streaming to D cap.   Then they turn, I'm isolated (and focused) and it's gonna be awhile and a lot of hurt to turn around.    Their DD got around and torped the hell out of me.

The other four had gone back to the spawn point.

It's about this time, I'm ready to go full broadside to get it over with.   "What happened to D???   Why'd we run???" I asked.    Fortunately, I was able to lick my wounds behind an island, heal a bit, and notice the team had pushed to D.   I joined them, got a couple of kills, and ended up with a Dreadnought award as we cruised to victory.

That was a change of goals, since my early salt wished me back to port.    A couple of deep breaths, a little patience, and the goal changes back to winning.

Edited by DiddleDum

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,239 posts
11,685 battles

I really like to look at the team make ups and figure out my basic roll and play style. 

I then try to play it out while staying flexible. 

Trying to stay aware of any unplanned opportunities is always important. 

Main goal is to play my best for the team and the win while having fun and staying positive.

[KKM]
Members
808 posts
9,383 battles

My goals are as follow:

1. Have fun (Hey it is a game)
  2. Contribute well to the team victory
  3. Hopefully place in the top half of the team at the end of the battle
  4. Learn new tricks or tactics from friend or foe alike if possible
  5. Meet other players who have a like mind I might division up with in the future

Earning flags, and coin to keep playing is good also but not the point of the ting

Members
1,347 posts
10,172 battles

....I'm firmly in the "have fun" camp since I can't stress over stats....have to admit I have a bit of a kill fetish....there's no better sound effect in the game than that nice *clang* that goes with sinking an opponent.  I love a good killsteal, even if it was instead of me, as long as my team gets the kill....

[WOLF2]
Members
289 posts
5,691 battles

Win

Play to the best of my abilities

Have fun

Not get salty

*If in my Massachusettes or any other CQC ships: to locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver and/ or repel enemy assault by fire and close combat.

2018-12-09 08_49_37-World of Warships.png

Edited by LCPL4ever
add a bragging rights pic
  • Funny 1

Members
1,347 posts
10,172 battles
16 minutes ago, LCPL4ever said:

Win

Play to the best of my abilities

Have fun

Not get salty

*If in my Massachusettes or any other CQC ships: to locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver and/ or repel enemy assault by fire and close combat.

2018-12-09 08_49_37-World of Warships.png

nice Kraken!

Members
297 posts
2,405 battles

Have a pleasant game with others, above all else. Then, do my best to win, and see if I can pick up anything new about my gameplay while I'm at it.

Edited by yungpanda

Members
297 posts
2,405 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

My primary goal for any battle is to make sure I don't finish my coffee before the donuts. Timing is everything.

The dry taste of donuts next to an empty coffee cup. *shudders*

[TDRB]
Members
2,834 posts
8,412 battles
5 minutes ago, yungpanda said:

The dry taste of donuts next to an empty coffee cup. *shudders*

1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

My dad dunked his donuts & cookies in his coffee. Its been 38 years since my dad passed. Thanks for bringing the memory back, it brought a smile to my face & happiness to my heart.

• Cool 2