You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
General_Strom

WG please delete/penalise/ban posters that .........

94 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
346 posts
3,202 battles

I played WoT almost religiously.  I played clan wars 6 to 7 days a week and spent time grinding tanks  I stopped due to various issues, mostly the grind for exp and crew skills got ridiculously slow, unbearably slow, catastrophically slow.  I do not get to play 6 to 7 days a week now.  Now I play WoWs the grind is far better. I feel like I can get to the next ship without having to wait several months.  I started in Beta with this game so I have been around for a bit.  I post in this forum my opinions and experiences, ask questions to try and better my play and yes sometime just to let off steam.  I appreciate 95% of the input the players put in game.  Sometime I realise that a person just does not know what he is talking about and that is ok. it is their opinion and experiences.  I have received a lot of help in the forum from the players.  Thank you to all of you that have taken the time to respond and be helpful. :Smile_honoring:

Only getting to play 2 maybe 3 days a week for a few hours it is a tough learning curve.  So I must admit I am totally disgusted with player posts that tell me "Just learn to play the game!"  or the proverbial I just looked at your stats and obviously you are not playing your ship right yada yada yada.....  It is just mean, rude, unhelpful and plain should not be acceptable behavior in a forum.   JUST because I am not a unicorn, just because I may be at the bottom of the player list of this game does not mean I can not have an opinion of things I dislike about the game.  I disagree with lots of folks posts and I will say so, but I do not do it in a rude or condescending way.

WG you need to start deleting negative comments, banning repeat offenders, who do so.  Bullying is unacceptable and stat shaming is against WG s forum policy if I recall.  I know the moderators are reading post as the have interjected two times in the last few posts I made.  

Again be polite in your posts!  Again thanks to ALL of you that have helped me and responded with your opinions with courtesy and treated other posts with dignity!  :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 23
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 8
  • Angry 2

[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles

One of the things I think should be censored is calls for censorship. Wrap your head around THAT paradox.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 6

[HYDRO]
Members
3,242 posts
4,810 battles

You are correct, sometimes things go too far.  However I have said the same in at least 3 threads, time to do so here. Stat shaming is plain stupid, but like it or not, stats are an indicator of your knowledge regarding game mechanics. So if you post things totally disconnected from those mechanics, someone is bound to bring up stats into play.

Living in a protective bubble and asking for safe space isn't a solution, accepting criticism and striving to improve is. It can be equally helpful as the advice you appreciate.

• Cool 6

[-MM-]
Members
251 posts
17,420 battles

Take a look at your posts, and you wonder why you dont recieve positive feedback?

Had you wrote something like asking for advice on how to deal with HE spammers people would gladly give you advice

But you instead choose to whine about a problem that is only existent to newer players, and you somehow expect positive feedback from anyone who isnt a potato?

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1

Members
1,528 posts
10 battles

I will point out areas in peoples stats as a frame of reference. Such as you have a 2% survival rate, you are probably playing too aggressive. You main battery hit rate is 19% you need to work on your aiming and stay away from high tier battles until you can hit at a 30% hit rate or better. This is not stat shaming but using available information to help you get better in specific areas of the game that will make you a better player. If you had a 38% win rate in battleships and you were advocating a specific strategy and a 70% unicum player disagreed, than yes your opinion is irrelevant. The unicum player is an expert and his advice should be listened too

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Members
26 posts
5,443 battles

While I do understand your concerns and wish sometimes WG would do something about repeating offenders I think censorship is the last thing anyone would want anywhere.

If you don't like the tone of some players? Report them, block them. You have tools to deal with them.

If you can't take criticism? Try to improve (but there will always be someone to "know better") or don't play multiplayer games.

And if you look at the other side of the coin: If you're bad and throw the game for someone else just because you refuse to accept the above mentioned critiques, don't you think it is just as rude?

Anyway, censorship is not the solution to anything. It's never been and never will be.

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
4,229 posts
15,313 battles
2 hours ago, General_Strom said:

Only getting to play 2 maybe 3 days a week for a few hours it is a tough learning curve. 

I remember you....I know your'e not going to take my advice as positive feed back but It counts.

"Its not what you say, its how you say/express/communicate your opinions".

I highly recommend before you throw the first stone at the forums, dont now hide your hand after you wanted attention.

Lesson learned, Glad the forums helped you out... G and HF

Edited by Navalpride33

[WOLF2]
Members
3,295 posts
14,884 battles
On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:54 PM, General_Strom said:

I played WoT almost religiously.  I played clan wars 6 to 7 days a week and spent time grinding tanks  I stopped due to various issues, mostly the grind for exp and crew skills got ridiculously slow, unbearably slow, catastrophically slow.  I do not get to play 6 to 7 days a week now.  Now I play WoWs the grind is far better. I feel like I can get to the next ship without having to wait several months.  I started in Beta with this game so I have been around for a bit.  I post in this forum my opinions and experiences, ask questions to try and better my play and yes sometime just to let off steam.  I appreciate 95% of the input the players put in game.  Sometime I realise that a person just does not know what he is talking about and that is ok. it is their opinion and experiences.  I have received a lot of help in the forum from the players.  Thank you to all of you that have taken the time to respond and be helpful. :Smile_honoring:

Only getting to play 2 maybe 3 days a week for a few hours it is a tough learning curve.  So I must admit I am totally disgusted with player posts that tell me "Just learn to play the game!"  or the proverbial I just looked at your stats and obviously you are not playing your ship right yada yada yada.....  It is just mean, rude, unhelpful and plain should not be acceptable behavior in a forum.   JUST because I am not a unicorn, just because I may be at the bottom of the player list of this game does not mean I can not have an opinion of things I dislike about the game.  I disagree with lots of folks posts and I will say so, but I do not do it in a rude or condescending way.

WG you need to start deleting negative comments, banning repeat offenders, who do so.  Bullying is unacceptable and stat shaming is against WG s forum policy if I recall.  I know the moderators are reading post as the have interjected two times in the last few posts I made.  

Again be polite in your posts!  Again thanks to ALL of you that have helped me and responded with your opinions with courtesy and treated other posts with dignity!  :Smile_honoring:

I applaud your efforts to raise the tone and civility of our discourse … 

Unfortunately, you're dealing with monkeys who's main entertainment is slinging poo :)

Update: I see Humans vs Monkeys 5 - 7 … with one abstention :)

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 2

[KRAK]
Members
2,686 posts
17,356 battles
29 minutes ago, General_Strom said:

Let's translate this to what he really means.

WG please take action against people that reply to my posts that will not agree to what I am saying no matter how untrue my post is.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[DPG]
Members
1,471 posts
6,421 battles
3 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I will point out areas in peoples stats as a frame of reference. Such as you have a 2% survival rate, you are probably playing too aggressive. You main battery hit rate is 19% you need to work on your aiming and stay away from high tier battles until you can hit at a 30% hit rate or better. This is not stat shaming but using available information to help you get better in specific areas of the game that will make you a better player. If you had a 38% win rate in battleships and you were advocating a specific strategy and a 70% unicum player disagreed, than yes your opinion is irrelevant. The unicum player is an expert and his advice should be listened too

I would not consider your examples as stat shaming.  Now if I posted in a thread about whether I like kale or not and you replied by pointing out that I only had a 35% win rate and therefore I should go hide in a cave and never utter words to another human being.  Then sure that would be stat shaming.  I think any time stats are brought up in an unsolicited manner with an emphasis on denigrating or humiliating a player then it's shaming.  I take a different approach by stat shaming myself before others get the chance.

[SPTR]
Members
2,498 posts
2,295 battles

As much as I would like WG to crack down on the stat shaming and stuff

you are trying to get this to happen with hundreds of thousands of players across the globe and multiple servers

sorry count me out

[WJDC]
Members
66 posts
1,843 battles
18 minutes ago, General_Strom said:

<snip>

JUST because I am not a unicorn, just because I may be at the bottom of the player list of this game does not mean I can not have an opinion of things I dislike about the game.  I disagree with lots of folks posts and I will say so, but I do not do it in a rude or condescending way.

My Potato Perspective (40-percenter) (I should make a patch for that)

Aside:  I know you meant "unicum" (which is a very weird word & not sure how that was coined) but unicorn made me chuckle.

Everyone has a right to express an opinion (freedom of speech and all that) and some people are just miserable asses or trolls. Don't respond to it and don't let it get to you; put them on ignore. Leave them to flail around in their quagmire. Search "never wrestle with a pig".

There are tons of helpful folks on the forum. Don't make unnecessary rules just because of a few are jerks. Search "and then they came for me."

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
46 minutes ago, General_Strom said:

WG you need to start deleting negative comments, banning repeat offenders, who do so.

Be careful of what you wish for. You might be one of those who would get banned under your "silence all critics" demand.

Edited by ReddNekk
  • Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Members
8,276 posts
8,747 battles

So, you want WG to shut up people you don't like. Aha, no.

What YOU perceive as negative is many times the opposite, I know, I read the forums daily. You perceive it that way because they aren't telling you what you want to hear. More, the very threads you post are almost automatically going to ensure the very feedback you want WG to make go away. It isn't going away, and it's wrong of you to demand that WG cater to your needs. You're overly sensitive, from what I've seen.

Take what you see on internet forums with a grain of salt. Use what you can, and ignore things that bother you. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean they should just be blocked from saying it.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
46 posts
2,626 battles

General_Storm, I just love your topics.  It's always nice to be able to laugh.  It feels good.  Can you start a new thread every day?  I think you're close as it is.  Also, I appreciate the new content.  The "DDs are overpowered, OMG!" topics were getting stale.

Edited by Rainman106

[HKC]
Members
283 posts
41 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

You are correct, sometimes things go too far.  However I have said the same in at least 3 threads, time to do so here. Stat shaming is plain stupid, but like it or not, stats are an indicator of your knowledge regarding game mechanics.

Hmmm.... not necessarily knowledge of, but more ability to use that knowledge.

[PVE]
Members
8,807 posts
15,622 battles
58 minutes ago, General_Strom said:

I like the spirit of your post Sir. I agree with it in principle. Unfortunately, too many people ENJOY the fights and being nasty. They measure their life's worth by being better at a game than others and they revel in pointing their superiority at a game out. They won't stop because that is how they get their jollies. Many even admit they have fun being trolls. Sadly, all too often I take the bait and engage these people and I wish I wouldn't. I try and be a good member of the forums but I do get sucked in at times LOL.

The forums are also just an extension of the in game chat which is just down right toxic and cancerous. Sadly, it seems to be the norm with online gaming forums and game chat. Too bad people have to act like that. The number of down votes you received already (and that I will get) is a testament to how much people want to be asshats and don't have any desire to be civil and respectful. 

I do wish the Mod's would be a bit more proactive when it comes to the trolls and clear violations of the forum rules. But they tend to let a lot go so people push the envelope. Being a Mod is a hard job and I get that. Have done it myself. IF you are going to accept the responsibility though you need to be willing to do it. It might actually be a case of them not having enough Mod's here to handle it all too. Maybe adding a few more Mods with more time to devote to the forums would help.

One thing I can say is if you see a violation just report it using the report function right in the offending post. I have started doing that more and the Mod's do respond to it quickly. That might be a good way for you, OP, to deal with some of this. Maybe if more of us did that and the offenders were reprimanded it might help clean things up.

Good post OP. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
346 posts
3,202 battles
51 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

If you don’t want to deal with people who offend, don’t get out of bed in the morning. Otherwise, deal with it.

Your are a shining example of a ..........

Beta Testers
346 posts
3,202 battles
44 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

You are correct, sometimes things go too far.  However I have said the same in at least 3 threads, time to do so here. Stat shaming is plain stupid, but like it or not, stats are an indicator of your knowledge regarding game mechanics. So if you post things totally disconnected from those mechanics, someone is bound to bring up stats into play.

Living in a protective bubble and asking for safe space isn't a solution, accepting criticism and striving to improve is. It can be equally helpful as the advice you appreciate.

I do not mind constructive post comparing my state to ideas to help.  To just say based on my stats I am doing something wrong is not helpful. Please use my stats to suggest what I am doing wrong,.

Beta Testers
346 posts
3,202 battles
43 minutes ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

Take a look at your posts, and you wonder why you dont recieve positive feedback?

Had you wrote something like asking for advice on how to deal with HE spammers people would gladly give you advice

But you instead choose to whine about a problem that is only existent to newer players, and you somehow expect positive feedback from anyone who isnt a potato?

Yeah I have seen your posts you are one of the rudes posters I see.  this being a shining example of total rudeness.  As I stated I have received lots of helpful and positive replies.  NONE from you.  I am not "wining"  I just think folks who make comments like yours should be banned as unacceptable behavior.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
346 posts
3,202 battles
42 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Thank you this is a good example of using stats to help.