You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shokNgnaw

Command for Attention to Square ...?

10 comments in this topic

[WJDC]
Members
66 posts
1,843 battles

I was playing a Co-op Standard Battle match in the Texas and noticed the bots steaming to take our cap. I was closest so I went to defend and I really wanted to use the command Attention to Square ... for the cap. We had other ships within range, if they had been paying attention to the mini map. I tried using Cntrl-F3 on mini map square for the cap but it didn't light up, so I just typed it in chat. Well, no one showed up and I was quickly annihilated in the cap by multiple bots. Even though we outnumbered the bots in points and ships, they took the cap and we lost. Frustrating.

So, what is the correct way to sound the alarm to call attention to a square? And why doesn't it show up when you press the Tab key, along with the other chat commands? I've done multiple searches in the wiki and have not been able to find an answer to this.

Members
1,928 posts
8,337 battles

Control + Click on the map.

Good luck getting people to listen though. People in co-op would rather chase the CV than defend cap. 

• Cool 2

[CVA16]
Members
3,378 posts
11,487 battles

Never got the F3 command to work. CNTRL-doubleclick seems to work. I sometimes have trouble getting the square to light up. Seems like it is a double-click problem when it fails. Not clicking fast enough.

Getting the team to respond to your request is a different topic. Search for "Herding Cats" topics in the forum.

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Members
8,276 posts
8,747 battles
12 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Getting the team to respond to your request is a different topic. Search for "Herding Cats" topics in the forum.

This would be hilarious if it just wasn't so true.

[WJDC]
Members
66 posts
1,843 battles
23 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Control + Click on the map.

Good luck getting people to listen though. People in co-op would rather chase the CV than defend cap. 

21 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Never got the F3 command to work. CNTRL-doubleclick seems to work. I sometimes have trouble getting the square to light up. Seems like it is a double-click problem when it fails. Not clicking fast enough.

Are you saying on the Map (M) or the mini-map? Yeah, we def had a few ships steaming for the CV but there were a couple that were within range to defend the cap, if I could've directed attention to it. Seems that not everyone pays attention to chat so just typing it in didn't help.

Members
1,928 posts
8,337 battles
1 minute ago, shokNgnaw said:

Are you saying on the Map (M) or the mini-map? Yeah, we def had a few ships steaming for the CV but there were a couple that were within range to defend the cap, if I could've directed attention to it. Seems that not everyone pays attention to chat so just typing it in didn't help.

CTRL+click the minimap in the corner of your screen. 

You'd think the cap siren going off would have been enough to call attention to the issue... but we've got some really dumb [edited] playing this game. 

[CVA16]
Members
3,378 posts
11,487 battles
21 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

You'd think the cap siren going off would have been enough to call attention to the issue... but we've got some really dumb [edited] playing this game. 

Cap siren? Unfortunately there is just the normal indicator showing your cap is being captured. A siren would be nice or a verbal warning ("The enemy is capturing our base!") as some people get so focused they don't see chat or the progressing capture indicator. Sometimes, if they notice at all, many will leave cap defense to others and continue whatever they are doing.

I have been occasionally guilty of this when I am too slow and too far away to do anything or it is a lost cause (whole damn red fleet it in our cap, might as well farm damage in my 1v1 battle until the time runs out). Otherwise I will try and echo the call and head there at flank speed.

Edited by Sabot_100

Members
1,928 posts
8,337 battles
2 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Cap siren? Unfortunately there is just the normal indicator showing your cap is being captured. A siren would be nice as some people get so focused they don't see chat or the progressing capture indicator. Sometimes, if they notice at all, many will leave cap defense to others and continue whatever they are doing.

In the mode where each team has 1 cap to defend there is a siren when the enemy is inside it.

[WOLFG]
Members
5,320 posts
3,131 battles
10 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

In the mode where each team has 1 cap to defend there is a siren when the enemy is inside it.

I don't know that I have ever heard it.

The square going to a diamond and changing colors is enough of an indication.