amberyellow

Hotkey reserved help!

5 comments in this topic

[NSWO]
Beta Testers
12 posts
5,687 battles

When I first started playing World of Warships, I bound artillery camera to my right mouse.

Somewhere along the line, the game stopped letting me do that. It would say "hotkey reserved". Just to be clear: Nothing else is bound to right mouse. I worked around the problem by manually editing my preferences file.

While I have been doing fine with the editing preferences on my own, I really would like to use the game's built-in options menu to do it. Here's the problem: When I edit any key bindings or even if I simply open up the settings menu, my artillery camera binding goes away and I have to quit the game, edit the preferences file, and start up again. It makes it a real hassle to try out new options. I considered setting the preferences file to read-only, but that would keep me from messing with new options and I don't think it would work anyway.

I've lived with the problem for a long time and, today, tried re-installing the game. Unfortunately, the re-installation didn't help. If any of you have any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated.

[NSWO]
Beta Testers
12 posts
5,687 battles

Update - after re-installing, it turns out I can't bind artillery camera to right mouse at all, even with the preferences.xml file.

Please help!

[WOLF5]
Members
2,311 posts
2,949 battles

I've had similar issues. I have the artillery camera bound to the MMB (still like to have free look on RMB). I do recall having the "hotkey reserved" message pop up, I recall messing with it, but I can't remember how I got around it. I think it was just a bunch of clicking. I made sure the default setting for MMB (fire and follow) was assigned to something else. Also, for each command, there are two spaces for key assignment. I think I had to assign the key to one of them, but the other still wouldn't take it. Basically I messed around with it for a while and it finally stuck. I don't think I had to edit the preferences file. 

Also, try binding something else to your RMB, then replacing it with artillery camera

[NSWO]
Beta Testers
12 posts
5,687 battles

Thank you for the reply! I poked around the keybindings menu based on your suggestion but still couldn't get it to work. I seem to be able to assign right mouse to keys in other categories, but not any of the entries in the same category as artillery camera. Thanks for the suggestion and I'll keep messing with it.

[NSWO]
Beta Testers
12 posts
5,687 battles

For anyone who might happen to have this same issue, I contacted support and got this reply:

SOLVED
Hello, dear amberyellow!

Thank you for contacting the support team.

This button is reserved for future options since the update 0.6.8.

It is possible that it will be free in the future.

Follow our news at https://worldofwarships.com/

Should you have any further concerns, questions or problems, feel free to get back to us at any time.

*sigh* okay :-/