You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

What was the best deal you paid for in WoWS and why?

54 comments in this topic

[NGAGE]
Members
3,397 posts
8,397 battles

A lot of people have been lamenting this years Santa crates due to lack of value.

Which leads me to the question: what did you spend money on that you felt was the best value?

For me, it was 2017 Halloween crates. I spent $99x2 for 110 crates and ended up with 107,500 doubloons because of the way the duplicate process worked. This let me buy a bunch of premium ships that Christmas on sale which was nice :)

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,239 posts
11,685 battles

Christmas Crates each year if only looking at the discount. (Objective value)

Best deal personally for me was buying the Tirpitz and Warspite back in the day. They are my most played ship and I love them. (Personal value)

[NGAGE]
Members
3,397 posts
8,397 battles
Just now, paradat said:

Christmas Crates each year if only looking at the discount. (Objective value)

Best deal personally for me was buying the Tirpitz and Warspite back in the day. They are my most played ship and I love them. (Personal value)

I bought the Massachusetts bundle when it came out too and feel that way about it too.

I love playing that ship. 

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,397 posts
14,922 battles

Buying Gallant and Warspite with Sovereigns earned for free.

Netted me free gold due to already owning them.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,239 posts
11,685 battles
1 minute ago, enderland07 said:

I bought the Massachusetts bundle when it came out too and feel that way about it too.

I love playing that ship. 

Yeah paid full price bundles as well. Objectively an OK deal but priceless on a personal level. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,239 posts
11,685 battles
Just now, dEsTurbed1 said:

Buying Gallant and Warspite with Sovereigns earned for free.

Netted me free gold due to already owning them.

Yeah all the crazy free reward ships were more than worth it as well.

Members
4,384 posts

For me, the best deal I bought was the year of premium for 50% or so about 2 years ago.  Wish they would bring that deal back again.

• Cool 2

[O_O]
Members
5,190 posts
11,795 battles

$.99 for Cossack was pretty good.

For me, though, the infamous Steam sale for Anshan, Graf Spee, Ishizuchi, and one or two others wins top honors.  I already had the ships and picked up A LOT of doubloons for a song.

WG apparently hadn't counted on that happening.  It was a sale so good they changed how they did business!

[HYDRO]
Members
3,242 posts
4,810 battles

The steam bundles were quite a good value if you had the ships, still got 16k doubloons waiting.

.99$ Cossack obviously.

50% off  Scharnhorst in summer was pretty good.

The top however in WoWs history HAS to be the Giulio/De Grasse package for returning players. You also got 9mil credits and 200k XP. Oh, and you paid NOTHING except the price of logging in.

I remember downloading the patches to play without knowing of that offer. Then I suddenly saw a shipload of stuff and for a few minutes thought someone had access to my account :Smile_hiding:.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

For me, though, the infamous Steam sale for Anshan, Graf Spee, Ishizuchi, and one or two others wins top honors.

That, combined with the 50% camo sale, was what broke my resolve to be free-to-play. I had already won the Normandie permacamo. I bought the Cleveland her permacamo from doubloons I had won in game, so giving me in effect a T8 permacamo for free and a free transfer to the Pensacola when she came down to T6.  But having then experienced the benefits of permacamo, I realised that at those prices, I had to buy it for all the ships I played the most and would be keeping henceforth.

The three ships named above plus Texas were in my port shortly thereafter.

But the Cossack - yeah, it was a hard slog, but $CDN 1.26 for a Tier VIII premium DD (usually about CDN$54 plus change) represents the best value I ever paid for.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,235 posts
8,382 battles
25 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Which leads me to the question: what did you spend money on that you felt was the best value?

Bloody stupid question.

August 2017 Graf Zeppelin. 50€uro. 0.02 centimes per random battle (counting all my random battles with it). 16 months exclusivity for only 200 NA server players (active), and counting. Exclusive "we put up with all the hate" camo/

Best deal in the history of WOWS, if not in all Wargaming history.

Members
310 posts
6,861 battles

The best deal for me was when I took a six month hiatus from the game and when I came back I found I had a free Giulio Cesare and De Grasse.

[-K-]
Members
6,466 posts
10,762 battles

Either the Steam sale from this past summer where you could get ships like Anshan and Ishizuchi at a massive discount in cost, yet still get the full doubloon value if you already had them.  This was before WG changed their stance on this.

Otherwise, the 50% off for a year of premium time in December of the last two years.  Believe it worked out to less than a dollar per day.

[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Believe it worked out to less than a dollar per day.

It still is. 360 days premium in the shop right now is $121.58 in Canadian dollars, which is 34 cents per day (rounded up to the nearest cent). If they give us 50% off that, that's obscenely cheap; I might be persuaded to do it.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[TBW]
Members
7,714 posts
14,140 battles

My first fleet purchase, I think it had 37 ships in it that year and I had all but 5 of them. I got 37 port slots, the 5 ships I did not have and 180,000 doubloons all for $299 or was it $399? It was the best deal ever so far. Then again it could be last years Christmas crates, for $15 I got the Gremmy and Nicolai. I could buy more crates this year and get doubloons for any ships I get in them. I bought 20 Mega crates and got the 2 ships that I didn't own from the list. The Terrible and the Roma, which definitely can not be considered the best deal ever.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

First was the Texas for free on Twitch, then buying it again and getting full value. 

And both my Graf Spee's, great for grinding credits and elite XP. 

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles

The $399 Armada bundle in 2016 with prize money from work. I had just got T6 Cleveland and was having trouble doing well with it and wasn't looking for another grind where I had to play ships with a half trained Cmdr. In that bundle was Belfast, Kutuzov, Fujin and Kamikaze as they had not been removed from sale yet. So my first two ships in the 2016 Santa crates was Gremyashchy and Nikolai which had been removed from sale.

I got a wide variety of premium ships for just over 50% off and was able to use Arizona and Warspite for the Seagall campaign and the final ARP campaign that got me 9 ARP ships that I never would have got with Cleveland as my only T6. All those premiums opened up so much for me.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
2,311 posts
2,949 battles

For me it's the Missouri. I ended up paying most of the doubloon price to convert the FXP. But I bought the doubloons on sale, and waited for a 35:1 sale. Forget the final price, but it was about that of a T8 premium. And I love the MO. It's a great ship, radar is just a bonus. And then there's the money making part. Definitely my best purchase in WOWS, especially when it was removed permanently.

A runner up is the $200 US fleet bundle I got a few years back on a 4th of July sale. Had about half the ships, so got a bunch of doubloons and some great ships (Atlanta). The ships I wanted and the doubloons were worth about the $200, which made the extra ships I didn't plan on playing very much basically free. So I have a Sims for operations, Indianapolis for fun, and Enterprise and Saipan for when the CV rework comes out (or something for Saipan at least).

Basically I've felt that all my purchases in WOWS (I only make them once or twice a year) have been very much worth it. But those two are the standouts.

• Cool 1

[ARC]
Members
581 posts
8,115 battles
46 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

$.99 for Cossack was pretty good.

For me, though, the infamous Steam sale for Anshan, Graf Spee, Ishizuchi, and one or two others wins top honors.  I already had the ships and picked up A LOT of doubloons for a song.

WG apparently hadn't counted on that happening.  It was a sale so good they changed how they did business!

So much this. Remembered buying a lot of premium camo for tech tree ships, and one or 2 premiums with those. Tried to do the same with Cossack (buying her with a 30% of coupon I got, then exchanging the Guineas for a full doubloon value) but WG won that hand (they removed the Cossack from sale before the coupons were gifted to a lot of people).

[NGAGE]
Supertester
2,088 posts
11,598 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The $399 Armada bundle in 2016 with prize money from work. I had just got T6 Cleveland and was having trouble doing well with it and wasn't looking for another grind where I had to play ships with a half trained Cmdr. In that bundle was Belfast, Kutuzov, Fujin and Kamikaze as they had not been removed from sale yet. So my first two ships in the 2016 Santa crates was Gremyashchy and Nikolai which had been removed from sale.

I got a wide variety of premium ships for just over 50% off and was able to use Arizona and Warspite for the Seagall campaign and the final ARP campaign that got me 9 ARP ships that I never would have got with Cleveland as my only T6. All those premiums opened up so much for me.

:Smile_great:  This, I had a bunch of the premiums but no all of them.  This bundle was expensive as hell, but I #1 got all the premiums that I was missing for less than what they would have cost individually still, #2 I got almost 200k doubloons at over 50% off even without counting the value of the new ships I got, plus enough port slots that I never needed to buy another one again.   

A close second was the 50% of premium time, able to be purchased in each game.   I think the end result was like $0.11 per day for 3 years time.   

• Cool 1

Members
528 posts

Cossack

$0.99.  You don't get a better deal than that and it's now a great ship post-buff. 

I took advantage of a lot of the sales this past Summer. Getting the Scharn for 50% off was sweet. Jean Bart with the 30% coupon was another great deal and I LOVE that bote.