Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
00barroso

My Toughts About Steel/Coal...

10 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
26 posts
6,215 battles

Hello i am still new here and these are my thoughts about the new economy system:

My instincts are telling me that something isn't right with the Steel/Coal economy.

See at the start "nobody" had steel or coal but at least you could get it on containers(supercontainers)

i made this calculations if you get 2 coal containers and complete the first daily mission you get a minimum of 1000 coal

so if you play every day you will get a minimum of 30000 coal per month.

now lets say that you want a ship lets say the Musashi priced at 180000 coal;

you can add a coupon and reduce the price to 120000 coal but that's at least 4 months of grind and thats a lot of grind

now lets think about coal and pricing at the most in one day if you get very lucky you can get at a maximum 4000 coal so thats good but almost impossible of getting every day for 30 days straight.

Now about coal ships pricing... One could say that their prices are very much in line with the regular ships:

Musashi 180000 coal - Izumo 178000 xp

Salem 240000 coal - Des Moines 237500 xp

Black 14000 Steel/140000 coal(converted) - Fletcher 158000 xp

these prices are about right until now.

from now on we should see prices like these:

Jean Bart 226000 coal - Alsace 190000 xp

Bourgogne 30000 steel/ 300000 coal (converted) - Republique 260000 xp

Stalingrad 28000 steel/ 280000 coal (converted) - Moskva 235000 xp

Because before we had artificial scarcity and now people are starting to retain some coal,

and these prices will continue to go up and yes i know you cant convert coal into steel (yet(they introduced 3 new rare metal categories, but for what you might ask...... hum? ))

i do think that they will allow us to convert doubloons into steel rather than coal into steel but for that they would need to get their pricing right

(and destroy/reprice the current grind shenanigans for coal and remove some ships cuz they would be to cheap for us to buy).

lets discuss it below

• Cool 2

[TDD]
Members
1,127 posts
9,004 battles

WG has no idea how to fix their economy, what they are doing is ticking off their customers and if they keep on the path they are on they will destroy their own game through mismanagement IMO

• Cool 2

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,484 posts
8,130 battles

Two of the rare metal categories are for camos that you get from ranked and clan battles. If you check the Typhoon missions currently active there is a 1 rewarded this season and you can see what it it can buy in the arsenal.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,239 posts
11,685 battles

Seems like the currencies are working as intended. The purpose of all the Currencies are to encourage players to play. Seems like they are all doing their job just fine. 

I seriously doubt WG will allow Doubloons to Steel as that would undermine the purpose of Steel. 

• Cool 1

[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
631 posts
5,729 battles
1 hour ago, 00barroso said:

Hello i am still new here and these are my thoughts about the new economy system:

My instincts are telling me that something isn't right with the Steel/Coal economy.

See at the start "nobody" had steel or coal but at least you could get it on containers(supercontainers)

i made this calculations if you get 2 coal containers and complete the first daily mission you get a minimum of 1000 coal

so if you play every day you will get a minimum of 30000 coal per month.

now lets say that you want a ship lets say the Musashi priced at 180000 coal;

you can add a coupon and reduce the price to 120000 coal but that's at least 4 months of grind and thats a lot of grind

now lets think about coal and pricing at the most in one day if you get very lucky you can get at a maximum 4000 coal so thats good but almost impossible of getting every day for 30 days straight.

Now about coal ships pricing... One could say that their prices are very much in line with the regular ships:

Musashi 180000 coal - Izumo 178000 xp

Salem 240000 coal - Des Moines 237500 xp

Black 14000 Steel/140000 coal(converted) - Fletcher 158000 xp

these prices are about right until now.

from now on we should see prices like these:

Jean Bart 226000 coal - Alsace 190000 xp

Bourgogne 30000 steel/ 300000 coal (converted) - Republique 260000 xp

Stalingrad 28000 steel/ 280000 coal (converted) - Moskva 235000 xp

Because before we had artificial scarcity and now people are starting to retain some coal,

and these prices will continue to go up and yes i know you cant convert coal into steel (yet(they introduced 3 new rare metal categories, but for what you might ask...... hum? ))

i do think that they will allow us to convert doubloons into steel rather than coal into steel but for that they would need to get their pricing right

(and destroy/reprice the current grind shenanigans for coal and remove some ships cuz they would be to cheap for us to buy).

lets discuss it below

I very highly doubt that they will allow you convert doubloons to steel. First there is no way to even implement that, second, and this is just my opinion, I don't want people being able to get steel easily. Steel wasn't initially meant to be easy to get, hence why Black, Flint, and Stalingrad a still hard to get, because with how the earning steel goes right now you still must play a competitive game mode.

The 3 new "rare" metal categories are not for new ships, those are used to get specific camos for Stalingrad, Black, and Flint. That is the only reason why those are there.

[FLNVY]
Members
108 posts
1 hour ago, 00barroso said:

2 coal containers

unless you get speshul and get 900 coal in one container

+they throw in coal all the time with event stuff, and with the current "royal navy" event going on. I would assume you could earn coal the same way during next updates prinz eitel friedrich event thingy.

ive gotten maybe 50,000 coal over this past month which, imo is not too shabby.

but why is Jean Bart waaaay more expensive than mushashi if they're both T9 bbs? 

[WOLF2]
Members
3,295 posts
14,884 battles

There are already some good threads where this is all discussed in detail - try reading/commenting in those … 

ATM most of us are just waiting and watching, but it appears WG has made the switch and we're just catching up

check your math though … a few things are misleading o7

[RED]
[RED]
Members
195 posts
10,742 battles
16 minutes ago, Panic512 said:

I very highly doubt that they will allow you convert doubloons to steel. First there is no way to even implement that, second, and this is just my opinion, I don't want people being able to get steel easily. Steel wasn't initially meant to be easy to get, hence why Black, Flint, and Stalingrad a still hard to get, because with how the earning steel goes right now you still must play a competitive game mode.

The 3 new "rare" metal categories are not for new ships, those are used to get specific camos for Stalingrad, Black, and Flint. That is the only reason why those are there.

But cash for steel? The upcoming campaign they will sell with steel rewards. Remains to be seen the cost of the campaign, amount of steel.

[WOLF2]
Members
26 posts
6,215 battles
39 minutes ago, IDAMAN_04 said:

but why is Jean Bart waaaay more expensive than mushashi if they're both T9 bbs? 

Well i think that the grind for the Izumo and the Yamato is a very good example the nominal price for the Izumo is 178000 xp but to get the Yamato you still need the hull b(44000 xp) and c(60000 xp) meaning that the actual price of the Izumo is 382000 xp + "the optional upgrades" range(26000 xp) and propulsion(16000 xp) = the actual price of the fully upgraded is 424000 xp being the most expensive T9 BB to research(also the Alsace only costs 307000 xp to fully research being the cheapest).

One could argue that 424000 coal is the ceiling and no ship can cost more than it; and the Richelieu when fully upgraded costs 210000 xp so comparing it to the Jean Bart 226000 coal price and considering it has the secondary setup of the Alsace i guess its ok but still expensive more than it should be :fish_glass:

[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
631 posts
5,729 battles
2 hours ago, custer_14 said:

But cash for steel? The upcoming campaign they will sell with steel rewards. Remains to be seen the cost of the campaign, amount of steel.

Even then I still don't think it will happen

Sign in to follow this