You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Siegewolf

Daily Mission for Dreadnought

33 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
692 posts
8,636 battles

Being a casual player (not on every day), I have lost track on this daily and the required progress. 

Well first things first.  I am referring to the mission to obtain the Dreadnought.  It takes 40 combat missions.  Normally this is a no brainer.  But I have noticed that not all the missions count, only the daily-normal, daily-hard.  So given this, please correct me if I am wrong, a player needs to complete (simple terms) 30 daily-normals and 10 daily-hards?  Are there any other missions that count toward this goal?   Did I miss something maybe?

At the moment I think I am at 9.  Not certain without logging into the game.  Which would put me behind the curve I would believe.

[ARSE]
[ARSE]
Members
45 posts
5,685 battles

Not quite. The Daily Normal, and the Daily Hard are also extensions of the daily missions, just like the Dreadnought mission. Every day there are 2 daily chains you can complete. Each chain has 3 stages. If today you complete only chain 1 (stages 1,2&3) you get 1 credit towards your daily Normal (complete 9 of the daily's) 1 credit towards your Hard (complete 20 of the daily's) and 1 credit towards the Dreadnought (Complete 40 of the dailys). If you complete both chains of the dailys you get 2.  You have already completed the Daily Easy which is simply to complete 3 of the dailys, so that one can be completed in 1.5 days.

Dreadnaought requires you to complete 40 of the dailys. So you need to complete at least both chains 1 & 2 each day to get the 40 in before the end of the month.

Edited by BC_Wolfen
  • Cool 4

[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles
9 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

But I have noticed that not all the missions count

Any one of the "chains" (Part 1 and Part 2) of the daily missions count, so long as they are completed.

Daily-normal, daily-hard and whatever only tell you how many of these you have completed in total.

If you complete part 1 for all 31 days of December and then part 2 on any nine other days, you will get Dreadnought.

If you did nothing so far but complete both chains for the rest of the month, you can still (just) do it.

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
1,068 posts
7,933 battles

Every day, you get 2 new 3 part missions.  Must finish the first 3 parter before you can complete the second 3 parter.  The missions are all identical - the first set of 3 is like Win a battle and get 250-500-750 XP.  Very easy to do, even in coop.  The second 3 part mission is win a battle and get 1000 xp, 1200 xp and 1300 xp (I think).  If you win and don't get to the XP requirement, it adds up, so you just have to win more.

Each 3 part mission counts as 1 toward each goal - the Dreadnought, the Daily-Hard, etc.  

I thought I had finished them all, but must have missed one.  I am at 17 for the Dreadnought (I have NOT finished todays yet).  I assume the most anyone has after completing todays would be 20 (I misse done and havent done the 2 for today).

Hope that helps.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles
2 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

the first set of 3 is like Win a battle and get 250-500-750 XP.  Very easy to do, even in coop.  The second 3 part mission is win a battle and get 1000 xp, 1200 xp and 1300 xp (I think).

Set 1:

Part 1: Get 250 XP in a single battle, no need for a win.

Part 2: Get 500 XP in any number of battles, no need for a win.

Part 3: Get 1000 across any number of VICTORIES.

Set 2 is 1100, 1200, 1300XP across any number of VICTORIES.

Doing it in co-op is slow, but far more certain than randoms where teams you thought were winning can potato at the last minute and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Set 1:

Part 1: Get 250 XP in a single battle, no need for a win.

Part 2: Get 500 XP in any number of battles, no need for a win.

Part 3: Get 1000 across any number of VICTORIES.

Set 2 is 1100, 1200, 1300XP across any number of VICTORIES.

Doing it in co-op is slow, but far more certain than randoms where teams you thought were winning can potato at the last minute and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

This.

If you can average 500 base XP in co-op, then you can complete both Daily Chains in 11-13 battles, which should take around 2 hours in co-op.

If you have not completed any Daily Chains, then you need to complete both each and every day of the month to finish in time. If you start today, you will have 42 done by January. If you start tomorrow, you can't miss a single one.

7 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

I've gotten 10 of the daily chains done already... so I guess that's doing OK. 

So you have 30 left to go and need 15 days of completing both Daily Chains to get Dreadnought.

• Cool 1

Members
1,928 posts
8,337 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

So you have 30 left to go and need 15 days of completing both Daily Chains to get Dreadnought.

If I get it I get it... if I don't I don't. I actually enjoy Bellerophon as long as the match doesn't have too many DDs in it. Being that Dread is the class prior to Belle I can't see her doing any better. Ship would be nice to have for historical value but I foresee her being a port queen like the other tier 3 freemiums. 

[O_O]
Members
5,190 posts
11,795 battles

I'm at 19 of a possible 20 so far (darned internet went out last night when I got off work at midnight...only needed 2 or 3 Co-op wins).

I play Co-op for mission 1 and 2 of stage 1.  The XP requirement is small enough, and Co-op games are faster.  Then I try Randoms for a few wins, because typically one win is enough for any of the remaining missions in either stage.  BUT, you do have to win.  Co-op has a much higher chance for a win, but with only @ 500 XP per win it does take several games.

I doubt I will even play Dreadnought very much.  But, I am a sucker for a free ship.

Edited by desmo_2

Beta Testers
692 posts
8,636 battles

Thank you all for the feedback.  I normally dont have an issue with the ship award missions but due to RL issues I haven't been able to get on each day.  This helps in seeing if I can complete the mission.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,445 posts
11,347 battles
1 hour ago, Siegewolf said:

Thank you all for the feedback.  I normally dont have an issue with the ship award missions but due to RL issues I haven't been able to get on each day.  This helps in seeing if I can complete the mission.

That sucks but the complete 3/9/20 daily missions also count so that will help. The good news is the Dreadnought will only cost around $10 when it goes on sale.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,239 posts
11,685 battles

If you can not do 6-8 battles in Random or 10-15 in coop in 20 out of 30 days then yeah not going to be doable.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

That sucks but the complete 3/9/20 daily missions also count so that will help.

Source? I haven’t read that anywhere. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,445 posts
11,347 battles
2 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

I thought I got an extra count towards the Dreadnought yesterday but I may be wrong.

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
4,055 posts
16,036 battles

I'm already half way done

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles
Just now, SavageTactical said:

All of these missions, including the easy one I already finished, are incremented by one when you complete the Daily Chain.

M1X8UNG.jpg

Mk5doPS.jpg

I have completed 8 Daily chains, so the first one I complete today, will complete the Normal Daily Mission, so I will get some more combat flags. If I finish both today, then I will be half way to the Hard Daily Mission for Dragon flags and 25% of the way to Dreadnought. I may or may not finish the Dreadnought mission this month depending on how much I can play.

[FML]
Members
2,627 posts
12,355 battles

Looks like I won’t be getting it. I think I’m at 9, despite being fair active this month ( did miss the other day as I was working). Given family etc over Christmas, looks like it’s not achievable. 

Sigh. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
827 posts
7,471 battles

Generally most players will earn this ship probably without even noticing it if you play several games power day. 

Its been well explained on how to earn it to.

Kudod to WG as well for not having goals like sink a DD as a BB. Those goals saw some skewed in game decisions back in the day. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,962 posts
21,911 battles

Half done and I can spend at least enough time the next 21 days to finish the first three missions.

The total "softcore" way is 4-5 co op battles per day.

Members
178 posts
3,473 battles

I got her :cap_win:

Had one point to snag this morning and she appeared. Put my 10 pt Hood cappy in and had some fun in lower tiers.

Wasnt too diff of a grind.

The PEF mission on the other hand, no can do for me