Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

17 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,822 posts
9,443 battles

Joined my clan for a few clan battles and quickly remembered I disliked the meager rewards there for the losing team. Got Nelson since directives this week required her or Vanguard and quickly learned to enjoy that zombie's nasty MB accuracy.

Grozovoi and Mushashi and Murmansk got their maiden voyages. As usual, potatoes ruined Grozo and Mush's first times. Murmansk lucked into a T4-5 and I pulled a Confederate/HC. Ran Taiho for first time in a while and had the two annoyances of facing an AS Taiho and teamed with very fluffy-headed peeps.

Shout-out to DeckhandAdmiral, we lucked into opposite teams (Nelson vs. Fiji) and cackled as I bagged him.

• Boring 1

[SIM]
Members
3,752 posts
6,211 battles

I played five or six games this weekend. Had a good round in Salem on Friday, and ran into the one and only Lert last night while running my Duke of York (in which he lead the charge to a good win). Otherwise, my games this weekend were a disaster, and the only thing keeping me from hanging the game up for a couple of weeks is the promise of a steel payout for the upcoming December events.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

it was meh. had some really bad teams, but was pretty well off my game as well, just straight up derpy. losing motivation to play, grinding 4 x T9 ships I really dont like (Buffalo, Seattle, Jutland and Lion).

[HYDRO]
Members
3,165 posts
4,785 battles

Did just enough Directives to grab my Cossack; will be on a break until next patch more likely. Got started instead on a gothic horror RPG thats in Early Access, Sunless Skies. It's a sequel of Sunless Sea, an RPG as well in similar style. So far very satisfied, while still Early Access it's pretty polished, looking forward to launch in January.

P.S Out of curiosity @Reymu did you get anything good out of the crate?

[ARGSY]
Members
11,697 posts
7,510 battles

On the losing team in every Twilight battle I played, to the point where I've given up on it (initial results were fantastic and helped me grind out the Musashi, but after that it has been dismal). I'm sick of watching my teams throw the win over and over, or knowing we were going to lose in the first three minutes.

Became so disgusted with results in the Mahan that I free XP'd the last 30% and got rid of her.

Lots of Whiskey Tango Foxtrot because my two most fun, stand-out battles of the entire weekend were co-op ones I played in an absolutely stock Nicholas, with a zero point captain that I bought last patch at half price for Snowflake Season.

[WOLFG]
Members
5,227 posts
3,049 battles

Played Yubari in an epicenter match in co-op.

Had absolutely no idea how to proceed.

Basically drove around being a low hp squirrel to the bots dogs.

Drove a NY on to an island with my torps (all missed).  Then an emerald took most of his HP with his torpedoes.  Followed by me kill stealing securing him with my little capguns.

[WOLF2]
Members
234 posts
6,077 battles

I had back-to-back Krakens in the Shchors and Atago B this weekend. I'm only a few thousand XP away from unlocking the Chapayev and have a cool Halloween permacamo for it, so that will be this coming week's mission -- finishing the Shchors grind, which overall has been an absolute joy really.

shot-18.12.07_19.10.12-0191.jpg

shot-18.12.07_21.16.36-0237.jpg

[KSD]
Members
933 posts
5,729 battles

I jist played 2 randoms this weekend, since I avoid playing randoms on weekends. Played 2 games in my T-61, won both games, got a kraken in the first game,died defending the base in the second game, got 15 decapped ribboms though

Members
1,704 posts
14,520 battles

One of those tough weekends. Played on some just awful teams, quite a few edge of map huggers, BBs trapping their guns behind islands for good parts of the games, teammate DDs all getting themselves killed very early in the game.  Spent a lot of time tiered up which did not help my carry ability.  Taking out a tier 8 DD or BB still seems to result in being dropped into a tier 10 game (as a Solo).  

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,691 posts
15,645 battles

My weekend was great! I am leveling up both my Dunkirk and Aigle captains, now to 17 and 16 pts respectively. It's my Monday play that is bringing me to tears. Three straight loses in the Aigle. Two were really quality matches even if a loss. Capping and killing but can't drag out a win for the life of me...

shot-18_12.10_10_41.21-0782.thumb.jpg.a8ad80fc068be4c1b0a3f9f99ed96b5a.jpg

shot-18_12.10_10_41.07-0591.thumb.jpg.ecc3a56ab67032719c6adacde989dabc.jpg

shot-18_12.10_10_40.54-0637.thumb.jpg.1dafd720dc3ef8b20bd48417a3104920.jpg

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles

Played 5 matches in random for a grand 40% weekend win rate.  This is why I don't like weekends.  Past 25 matches or so played during the past week days I was over 60% and a unicorny.  One match on Sat night me and my team killed TWO (2) red ships....:Smile_veryhappy:. I kid ya not.  We all sucked.  Can you believe we lost that match. Heh

[H_]
Members
505 posts
9,510 battles

Overall I had a fun weekend playing, played the Krasny, and Murmansk, both turned out to be fun actually to play.  The AZ well that will take some getting used to.  I find the Boise to be interesting but it would be WHOLE lot better with slightly longer ranged guns.  So over all the weekend was "moments of brilliance followed by some really inept play on my part" ..  My only problem child is the Z-39.. so far I have not figured that ship out, I like it but have not done anything significant in it.

One other thing that really really is frustrating me and what's worse I KNOW it's going to happen is the capping / support meta.. ARRRGG got left in my little DD several times this weekend fighting for a cap only to realize EVERYONE BAILED !  I know "situational awareness" "get gud"  etc.  Always seems like the green team support is 10 - 15 k back but the RED team is sitting on the CAP with their DD's..  one day, I may actually learn to not play the objectives.. huh?

oh, and CV's galore, they were everywhere in every tier seemed like I had them on the majority of games I played this weekend.

Still fun though..

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,199 posts
11,631 battles

Pretty good. Wrapped up the British missions fairly fast. Tried some CV games... just going to wait on the rework lol. 

Got a super container with 1,500 Steel! That was a really nice container for a player like me.

Picked up 5 of the santa crates got the last ship I did not have yet. 

Played a bunch of the career mode in BattleTech. 

[NG-NL]
Members
5,822 posts
9,443 battles
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Did just enough Directives to grab my Cossack; will be on a break until next patch more likely. Got started instead on a gothic horror RPG thats in Early Access, Sunless Skies. It's a sequel of Sunless Sea, an RPG as well in similar style. So far very satisfied, while still Early Access it's pretty polished, looking forward to launch in January.

P.S Out of curiosity @Reymu did you get anything good out of the crate?

Think it was just camos.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,843 posts

Friday?  Decent.  Played a few, but just couldn't get any sort of groove going.

Saturday?  3 and out.   Nope.  

Sunday- I came back with a vengeance!!!!  I was very close to getting my 17th point on Alsace, and Dallas was more than half done.  I took the bit in my teeth and just ran with it.   Got a mix of decent games and the "new typical weekend teams"  ( the ones that are dominated by a couple of players, and end VERY quickly- with crap leftover for the other 6 players)

Got my point, ground the hell out of Dallas (up to appx 71k before I HAD to shut down and go to bed), and played the odd match in something else just for fun.    Ended up getting all 3 daily crates, blasting through a BUNCH of RN missions; and finishing both coal missions for the day.

I also broke down and bought Nelson, just to finish those segments, too.   Only played one match- doing enough to finish 2 and get half through a third.  Also ran into some kill stealing bi$%hes- inc one who charged right between me and an island Just so he could block my guns and get torps into a beached Nelson I was trying to get to.   I came VERY close to just firing anyway...  Instead, I reported him for unsportsmanlike.   Some of these weekend warriors could make Mother Theresa cuss like a drunken sailor.

Overall, a VERY profitable Sunday.  (those Skylla/Basilisk flags + a red Dragon= very much xp!!)   And Dallas was just the avatar of fires yesterday, lol.

Sign in to follow this