Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Lessons from Coops

12 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
2,808 posts
8,316 battles

IMO, coops are a poor place to practice gunnery. The 8 enemy ships get deleted rather quickly so I believe ops, with its higher number of targets, is a better choice. Also, the slow BB with their reload time get few shots in most coops.

However for torpedoes and cruisers/DD training coops are great. My torpedo attacks have gone from a shot in the dark to sinking 4 of the 8 ships in a coop with torpedoes on a good day. I do still spam some torpedoes attacks but I"m avoiding friendly fire penalties.

Getting this into randoms is the next challenge. Bots are predictable, humans are not.

[YORHA]
Members
4,197 posts
7,363 battles

PVE teaches you to run in fast and attack, attack, ATTACK!

Try that in PVP and you get a quick trip back to port.

• Cool 3

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,582 posts
68 battles
Just now, JCC45 said:

You have to be careful with this approach. It is starting to become common for some of the team to just hang back in the hopes others get focus fired.

[YORHA]
Members
4,197 posts
7,363 battles
5 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

You have to be careful with this approach. It is starting to become common for some of the team to just hang back in the hopes others get focus fired.

Charging in helter skelter was a pre-radar tactic. Now it's more likely they are hanging back to get an idea of the Opfors disposition and "plan".  Once you have that it is just a matter of letting them make the mistakes and capitalising on them.

Players who charge in blindly without knowing what's ahead usually end up losing the game for the rest of the team.

[TDRB]
Members
2,808 posts
8,316 battles
2 hours ago, JCC45 said:

Charging in is one of the bad habits coops can teach you. This is one reason I believe you should also play the operation of the week. Tactics & team play are required for successful (5 star victories) ops matches. Also situational awareness is more important. These are lessons that must be taken into randoms.

• Boring 1

Members
365 posts
3,490 battles

I've been playing a lot of coop this year, mostly due to time constraints, but I prefer scenarios to coop.  I know I'm missing out on payout and challenge in PVP, but just haven't had enough time to dedicate to the game this year.  The scenarios seem to strike a balance for me, at least when I have time to play them. 

Aggressive is the only way to make decent points in coop, it's what make DDs and fast firing cruiser easier to play than BBs there. 

Members
297 posts
2,405 battles

I really consider Co-Op its own game mode rather than a training ground because of this. Co-Op is all about brawling, getting stuck into desperate situations, and wrecking every bot around you. It's mad fun. :)

The only time I might consider Co-Op to be "training" is if I'm completely new to a ship, and even then, Training Room is actually more productive. I go to Co-Op for the friendly community there and for relaxed, arcadey gameplay.

[SYN]
Members
562 posts
3,011 battles
4 hours ago, JCC45 said:

Very true!

[TDRB]
Members
2,808 posts
8,316 battles
3 hours ago, yungpanda said:

I really consider Co-Op its own game mode rather than a training ground because of this. Co-Op is all about brawling, getting stuck into desperate situations, and wrecking every bot around you. It's mad fun. :)

The only time I might consider Co-Op to be "training" is if I'm completely new to a ship, and even then, Training Room is actually more productive. I go to Co-Op for the friendly community there and for relaxed, arcadey gameplay.

Co-op is its own game mode. We can & should learn from each game regardless of the type.  Yes, it is fun to charge gung ho and duke it out.

I found coops & ops to be better than the training room. But we all learn differently.

Sign in to follow this