You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ThatsAPaladin

Anyone notice the shima's guns not firing?

7 comments in this topic

[-RNG-]
Beta Testers
432 posts
4,671 battles

It might just be that I lag sometimes on only the shima, but i'll find myself clicking to fire my guns (while they're on target, of course), and discovering that nothing happens for a good 2-3 seconds before they realize I've been frantically clicking an enemy ship. It seems to only happen when I try to open fire with my shimakaze (my other ships never seem to have this issue and they've been getting a lot more games), particularly after I switched from after firing a load of torpedoes, and I'm wondering if it's just me. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,595 posts
8,188 battles

Are you turning at all?  IJN DDs have painfully slow turret rotation so you might be turning juuuuust fast enough that they're not "on" target, but not enough that the indicator turns orange.

[SYN]
Members
3,456 posts
17,094 battles

I've noticed lag between hitting the button to fire and the guns going off, but only very sporadically. 

[XBRTC]
Members
2,774 posts
8,843 battles

I haven't noticed it with my guns, but I'm DEFINITELY getting it with my rudder commands. I'll mash and hold the Q/E/A/D keys and keep firing and then all of a sudden I'm dead and can't figure out why. I mean, I was turning, so I wasn't broadside to that [whatever] anymore. I should have been bouncing things.

But, nope- I hadn't turned at all. My rudder never twitched, and I kept that nice juicy citadel pointed at the bad guys, and then I died.

[WOLFB]
Members
39 posts
9,515 battles

I've had it happen multiple times on a few ships, usually my aft guns during turns.  Yes they are on target and green but refuse to fire, not just lag because front guns would fire.  Usually would work itself out a little bit later but not exactly when it might have been useful.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,816 posts
11,628 battles

I have experienced this issue in Shima lately, but no other ships.